Victor Osimhen is back running

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Victor Osimhen is back running

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:45 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:27 pm Young healthy people heal quickly. Nigeria must send a letter of invitation to Afcon.
This is a joke, right?
Its Ohenhen.
Its always a joke. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:31 pm
Odas wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:38 pm Wow! Running already? This is amazing. Didn't people say he will be out for months? Well, I hope his recovery continues to go well, we need him
But the injury wasn’t to his legs, this training by himself is fine, but to me more importantly is how long before he can start training with others/competitively before even talking about games. And what precautions are necessary to facilitate a return (face mask etc)
when this occurred i said 3 weeks , how would be back... Vic should be fully available for matches in 3 weeks ( christmas
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Damunk wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:01 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:27 pm Young healthy people heal quickly. Nigeria must send a letter of invitation to Afcon.
This is a joke, right?
Its Ohenhen.
When Ohenhen posted,
He can wear protective gear after 4 to. 6 weeks. It took me 4 weeks.
I couldn't help but laugh, especially considering that it took our 'resident trauma expert'
four weeks after he sustained same level of injury to resume chumping on okporoko.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

joao wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:22 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:01 pm
This is a joke, right?
Its Ohenhen.
When Ohenhen posted,
He can wear protective gear after 4 to. 6 weeks. It took me 4 weeks.
I couldn't help but laugh, especially considering that it took our 'resident trauma expert'
four weeks after he sustained same level of injury to resume chumping on okporoko.
Wikid :lol: :lol: :lol:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The guy should take his time. He should not be at the AFCON.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

airwolex wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:17 pm The guy should take his time. He should not be at the AFCON.
He can’t be, whether he likes it or not.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria should invitehim to make it formal. I don't trust European clubs. They may try to play him while Afcon is going on.,
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Odas wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:38 pm Wow! Running already? This is amazing. Didn't people say he will be out for months? Well, I hope his recovery continues to go well, we need him
But the injury wasn’t to his legs, this training by himself is fine, but to me more importantly is how long before he can start training with others/competitively before even talking about games. And what precautions are necessary to facilitate a return (face mask etc)
Yeah, I see your point. The injury is not foot/feet related, so he can run fairly well, especially non-competitive and non-combative runs.

God forbid, but what happens if he trips and fall? Will he not sustain a more serious injury in all? Men, this is a little scary. I hope his club is NOT pushing him to return sooner than he should.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

This is a joke, right?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

https://punchng.com/rohr-gets-osimhen-b ... ead-afcon/

Rohr gets Osimhen boost ahead AFCON

Kelvin Ekerete
9 December 2021

Napoli striker, Victor Osimhen, on Wednesday returned to training, exactly 15 days after undergoing cheekbone surgery.

The news serves as a huge boost for Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr, ahead of the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon next year as he is hopeful his most prolific striker will be fit in time for the competition.

The 22-year-old sustained multiple fractures to his cheekbone and eye socket after a clash of heads with Inter Milan defender Milan Skriniar in their 3-2 loss to the champions in the Italian Serie A on November 21.

Medical diagnostics after the surgery had revealed that the striker would be out for a duration of 90 days, a situation that had automatically ruled him out of the 2021 AFCON in Cameroon.

Napoli on their social media on Wednesday posted a picture and short video of the striker taking part in individual training.

According to reports in Italy, if the separate training goes well, the former LOSC Lille striker could get the green light to start with physical contact wearing a protective mask.

The striker’s situation also comes as a relief for manager, Luciano Spalletti, who has been managing a squad hit with injuries with star players Kalidou Kouliably, Zambo Anguissa, Lorenzo Insigne and Fabian Ruiz.

The Nigeria international has thanked the club medical staff and fans who reached out to him during his time out of action.

Read Also
Poor form could rule Moffi out of AFCON
Eagles may make semi-finals at AFCON – Obafemi
Osimhen missing from top 10 U-23 most valuable forwards
“Thankful to God almighty, I sincerely appreciate those who reached out to me, God bless you and yours,” the former Sporting Charleroi strike wrote on social media.

“No time to dwell on past transgressions, looking forward to the greater things ahead.

“Special thanks to everyone associated with Napoli. I really appreciate you all. Special mention also to the medical staffs of Napoli and Gianpaolo Tartaro (the surgeon).”
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

https://www.completesports.com/napoli-b ... om-injury/

Napoli Boss Spalletti: Osimhen ‘Very Close’ To Return From Injury

Napoli coach Luciano Spalletti revealed Nigeria forward Victor Osimhen could return to the pitch earlier than initially expected.

Osimhen trained separately on Wednesday after undergoing facial surgery and could return before initially expected with a protective mask.

Spalletti admitted Napoli are doing ‘everything possible’ to shorten the striker’s recovery times.

“It will depend on the stresses he will have day after day,” the Italian said during his intreaction with the media on Wednesday.

“We will see in the gym how he will react and based on what we will understand.

“We are very confident, knowing the lad. He is one who gives willingness to shorten a few days, everything possible will be done.”

Osimhen picked up the injury after colliding with Inter Milan defender Milan Skriniar in a Serie A clash on November 21.

The 22-year-old has so far scored nine goals in 14 appearances across all competitions for the Partenopei this season.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Arm wrestling: Nigeria does not want to give up Osimhen. And Napoli invites doctors to Italy
09.12.2021 11:27 by Raimondo De Magistris

Photo
© photo by www.imagephotoagency.it
Will Victor Osimhen come or won't he be called up for the Africa Cup of Nations? The tug-of-war between Napoli and the Nigerian federation has already begun, 18 days after the injury remedied at San Siro. Yesterday morning the player started training in Castel Volturno, but the wound is still visible and the cut evident. A special protection is studied to allow him to return to the field, but in the meantime Osimhen's recovery times remain uncertain and in any case not short.

Read on after the ad

The Nigerian federation, explains 'Il Mattino', has already made it known to Naples that it wants to call him for the Africa Cup: the intention is to have him available in Lagos, home of the Nigeria retreat, starting after Christmas . In those days the Nigerian doctors will evaluate Osimhen's condition. But it is not excluded that the doctors of the staff in the federation of Nigeria may also come to Italy precisely on the push of De Laurentiis and the staff who operated on him, to take note of the physical conditions.

The question and answer has therefore begun: for Napoli it takes at least another two months before Osimhen can take the field for a real match, Nigeria instead is convinced that he can be available sooner, already in January.
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:56 pm The question and answer has therefore begun: for Napoli it takes at least another two months before Osimhen can take the field for a real match, Nigeria instead is convinced that he can be available sooner, already in January.
This is the real koko of the matter, not him training on his own as he clearly walked off the field with the injury there is no issue with him jogging/running kicking alone, issue is potential of physical contact with the face from a shot, from an opponent etc. When will the face be healed enough to be able to bear such? And they better not rush him just for the ANC...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:06 pm
Dammy wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:56 pm The question and answer has therefore begun: for Napoli it takes at least another two months before Osimhen can take the field for a real match, Nigeria instead is convinced that he can be available sooner, already in January.
This is the real koko of the matter, not him training on his own as he clearly walked off the field with the injury there is no issue with him jogging/running kicking alone, issue is potential of physical contact with the face from a shot, from an opponent etc. When will the face be healed enough to be able to bear such? And they better not rush him just for the ANC...

My view is that this lad should not be forced onto the field. However, I get Dammy's point. If Napoli claim that he can play for Napoli during the time AFCON is taking place then surely he can play for Nigeria. If he is not available for Napoli during time for AFCON, Nigeria should let the guy be.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:15 pm
maceo4 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:06 pm

My view is that this lad should not be forced onto the field. However, I get Dammy's point. If Napoli claim that he can play for Napoli during the time AFCON is taking place then surely he can play for Nigeria. If he is not available for Napoli during time for AFCON, Nigeria should let the guy be.
No be me write am o! Na tuttomercatoweb, I just copied and pasted on CE.
I am happy
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Napoli has lost like 3 of their last 4 games so they are sort of desperate current sitting in 3rd place after being in 1st for so long. Some in the press in Italy are already saying Napoli can't win the title with Osimhen.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Neither Napoli nor Nigeria should try and speed up his return to action, abeg.
Bone generally takes six weeks to heal but that doesn’t mean it will even be at full strength.
That takes another few weeks to reach, sometimes even months.

A repeat fracture could be far more devastating to the boy’s career… including his eyesight.
They should put him first, not their footballing interests!
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Damunk wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:37 pm Neither Napoli nor Nigeria should try and speed up his return to action, abeg.
Bone generally takes six weeks to heal but that doesn’t mean it will even be at full strength.
That takes another few weeks to reach, sometimes even months.

A repeat fracture could be far more devastating to the boy’s career… including his eyesight.
They should put him first, not their footballing interests!
If you dey chop eba and egusi, it only takes like 2 weeks to heal :mrgreen:
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

You do not run with your face.
Running workout is just the normal keeping him in movement fitness.
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Question:

If Oshimen could be ready to play by the latter stages of the afcon (q/final, s/final, final) should be in the squad or is it better to just take someone else and forget him for mow until the World Cup qualifier?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Oguleftie wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:37 am You do not run with your face.
Running workout is just the normal keeping him in movement fitness.
Try jogging with a fractured skull and tell us if you don't feel any pain in your head. Jogging with a headache is already painful enough.

The signs are his operation went well and he is recovering and healing nicely.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If Osimhen is out of Afcon due to injury. He shouldnt play for Napoli while the tournament is ongoing.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Maceo4, I know the injury is NOT on his feet, but the entire body is a SYSTEM which functions as a UNIT; therefore, major injury on a part; somehiw, affects the whole.

Have you ever tried to do work while having a headache? How did it go? Now, imagine trying to jog while having headache, or pain and you will see what I meant.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.