Name your likely starting 11

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enyi
Egg
Egg
Name your likely starting 11

Post by Enyi »

If AFCON is tomorrow who will be starting for you against Egypt?

Let’s indulge…..

I will go with……

Okoye
Aina Akpoguma. Ekong. Sanusi

Ndidi. Onyeka

Samu. Aribo. *Ejuke/Dennis

Dennis/Oshimen

*if Oshimen makes it or not

Name yours…..
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Adisboy
Egg
Egg
Re: Name your likely starting 11

Post by Adisboy »

For me, assuming Osimhen makes it

Okoye or Uzoho
Aina Awaziem Ekong orAkpoguma Sanusi
Ndidi Onyeka
Aribo or Iwobi
Samu or Ejuke Osimhen Dennis
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Adisboy wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:22 pm For me, assuming Osimhen makes it

Okoye or Uzoho
Ndidi Onyeka
Aribo or Iwobi
Iwobi should never be starting, same with Ekong... it appears you guys are obsessed with rubbish
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Time to shame the whole thing up:

Okoye

Awaziem Ndidi Bassey

V Moses Onyeka Sanusi

Aribo

Dennis Osimhen Ejuke
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

----------------------------------------------okoye-----------------------------------------

-----Aina--------------------------Awaziem--------------Balogun---------------Sanusi------

--------------------------------Onyeka---------------------Ndidi-----------------------------''-
s
--------Chukwuze--------------------------------Aribo----------------------------S Moses-----

------------------------------------------------Osimhen---------------------------------------------

Subs
Uzoho for Okoye
Ebuehi for Aina
Ajayi or Omeruo for Balogun
Ekong for Awaziem
Awoniyi or Umar Sadiq for Osimhen
Iwobi for S Moses
Ejuke for Aribo
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

My starting 11

Okoye
Aina
Bassey
Awaziem/Akpoguma
Sanusi
Ndidi
Onyeka
Aribo/Nwakali
Victor Moses
Dennis
Chukwueze/Lookman

The midfield battle will now be more interesting with the invitations of Alhassan Yusuf, Nwakali, Amoo and Usman Mohammed... takes the workload off Ndidi, Aribo and Onyeka who are been overplayed.

The Rohr’s favorite regiment in persons of Ekong, Balogun, Simon Moses, Iwobi and Collins are at best very lucky to be making the team not to talk of been starters, but I expect Eguavoen to still stick with them for a while (for sake of continuity) till he can see what the new players he's bringing can offer
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Akpeyi

Shehu
Balogun
Troost
Collins

Musa
Ndidi
Iwobi

Ighalo
Onuachu
Simon

SE 3 - Egypt-0 :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Akpeyi

Shehu
Omeruo
Awazien
Collins

Onyeka
Victor Moses
Iwobi

Kalu
Awoniyi
Dennis
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

oscar52 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:26 pm Akpeyi

Shehu
Omeruo
Awazien
Collins

Onyeka
Victor Moses
Iwobi

Kalu
Awoniyi
Dennis
Your team is very interesting :lol:
Last edited by Lolly on Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:50 pm
The Rohr’s favorite regiment in persons of Ekong, Balogun, Simon Moses, Iwobi and Collins are at best very lucky to be making the team not to talk of been starters, but I expect Eguavoen to still stick with them for a while (for sake of continuity) till he can see what the new players he's bringing can offer
Eguavon isn’t a new guy coming in from the cold.
He has been part of the set-up - that is why he got the job.
So he doesn’t need to stick with Rohr’s favourite line-ups “for continuity”.
Hardly anyone on the list is new to the team.
He will and should choose his own line-ups.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Okoye

Aina
Awaziem
Ekong
Balogun
Sanusi

Ndidi
Onyeka (Aribo)

Samu (Ejuke or Victor Moses)
Ighalo (Kelechi or Awoniyi)
Iwobi (Simon Moses or Dennis)

Subs In brackets
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Lolly wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:37 pm
oscar52 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:26 pm Akpeyi

Shehu
Omeruo
Awazien
Collins

Onyeka
Victor Moses
Iwobi

Kalu
Awoniyi
Dennis
Your team is very interesting :lol:
That's the type of line up I'll pick after downloading some shots of shekpe
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Wondering why everyone is picking Onyeka to play next to Ndidi, is it because he plays in the EPL? But if we want to play possession ball Onyeka is kinda surplus, his game is more box to box energy but he’s not comfortable keeping possession and distributing the ball. And anybody playing next to Ndidi has to be a Tielemans type that can hold and distribute as Wilf is pretty poor at that.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:54 am Wondering why everyone is picking Onyeka to play next to Ndidi, is it because he plays in the EPL? But if we want to play possession ball Onyeka is kinda surplus, his game is more box to box energy but he’s not comfortable keeping possession and distributing the ball. And anybody playing next to Ndidi has to be a Tielemans type that can hold and distribute as Wilf is pretty poor at that.
Alhassan Yusuf is the closest we can get in a Youri Tielemans type of player next to Ndidi.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:08 am
maceo4 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:54 am Wondering why everyone is picking Onyeka to play next to Ndidi, is it because he plays in the EPL? But if we want to play possession ball Onyeka is kinda surplus, his game is more box to box energy but he’s not comfortable keeping possession and distributing the ball. And anybody playing next to Ndidi has to be a Tielemans type that can hold and distribute as Wilf is pretty poor at that.
Alhassan Yusuf is the closest we can get in a Youri Tielemans type of player next to Ndidi.
You must be a comedian.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

mystic wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:29 am
You must be a comedian.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

You must be a comedian.
Whom would you rather play next to Ndidi? Maceo4 made a good point about the Ndidi/ Onyeka pairing... both of these players can't keep possession of the ball very well and that will be dangerous against top teams when we lose balls in midfield upandan.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:25 am
You must be a comedian.
Whom would you rather play next to Ndidi? Maceo4 made a good point about the Ndidi/ Onyeka pairing... both of these players can't keep possession of the ball very well and that will be dangerous against top teams when we lose balls in midfield upandan.
I think that will be the key question, if not solved the team won’t look much different from what we saw under ****, whether it’s Yusuf or Nwakali etc it’s gonna be the difference between possession based build up and constant hopeful clearances from the back…but I def don’t think the answer is Onyeka or Aribo..
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

You must be a comedian.

My issue is with the description of Alhassan Yusuf as a 'Youri Tielemans type '. That simply doesn't compute.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:53 pm

Okoye or Uzoho
Ndidi Onyeka
Aribo or Iwobi
Iwobi should never be starting, same with Ekong... it appears you guys are obsessed with rubbish
Come on, Iwobi has been one of the few players that have performed well in an underperforming Nigerian team but for Everton he has been crap, no doubt.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:44 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:53 pm

Okoye or Uzoho
Ndidi Onyeka
Aribo or Iwobi
Come on, Iwobi has been one of the few players that have performed well in an underperforming Nigerian team but for Everton he has been crap, no doubt.
Youre probably right but the question is why.
It’s hard to explain.
Is it a confidence issue - still? :blink:
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

mystic wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:18 am
You must be a comedian.

My issue is with the description of Alhassan Yusuf as a 'Youri Tielemans type '. That simply doesn't compute.
Where do people get this Ndidi can’t hold on the ball rubbish? Since he turned up in the EPL, this guy has 1, ONE error leading to a goal, created 9 assists, 17 through balls and 340 long balls all from a pure DM position…..

This guy has a 83% pass completion rate via whoscored.com compared to
Alhassan’s 87%. Whereas across the board, Alhassan averages 2 bad ball controls a game, Ndidi 1 per game….

Note that one plays in a more stronger league.

People need to stop this sentimental crap and state facts
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enyi wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:25 pm
mystic wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:18 am
You must be a comedian.

Where do people get this Ndidi can’t hold on the ball rubbish? Since he turned up in the EPL, this guy has 1, ONE error leading to a goal, created 9 assists, 17 through balls and 340 long balls all from a pure DM position…..

This guy has a 83% pass completion rate via whoscored.com compared to
Alhassan’s 87%. Whereas across the board, Alhassan averages 2 bad ball controls a game, Ndidi 1 per game….

Note that one plays in a more stronger league.

People need to stop this sentimental crap and state facts
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
It is human nature to hold onto entrenched views even in the face of contrary evidence.
These views will remain until a slap in the face is received - either literally or metaphorically. :lol:

We are all guilty.