Chief Tactician Eguavoen

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chief Tactician Eguavoen

Post by danfo driver »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:10 am 1Naija please stop. Your stupidity is heading towards Kongi-asian levels.
This one may be stupid, but I think he is more motivated by the money he receives. he knows where he bread is buttered.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:02 am And yes, Ndidi is "holding back." Unfortunately, he has played with mostly coaches who are shortsighted and who are selfish. Ndidi is someone, if given the platform, can do so much more with the ball. He used to have fantastic long shots, but his coaches are afraid and do not want him to get out of position. Hopefully, now having a coach who believes he can do more, will help him.
I was surprised at the AFCON he had
By his standards it was poor
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

OJI wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:08 pm
olu wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:30 pm It was strategic. That was Rohr's way of deflecting pressure from his team. I don't understand why people reacted so strongly to it.
fabio wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:16 pm
Obong wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:37 pm One of the frustrating things about Rohr was his penchant for under- selling his own team and respecting the opponents too much even if they were CAR.
You have to stay humble, keep learning because:
1)We don't have players, playing in the top clubs and ECL.

2) We don't have Salah, Mane or Mahrez

What strategy?

All winning teams have character, and on and off field leadership. They also have key mentally strong personnel who despite circumstances kept their motivation, and belief high. These personnel were usually veterans of previous campaigns, or triumphant events. They became rallying points for newer or inexperienced team members to sustain their commitments, and responsibility to their teammates.

Here you have a coach telling players he selected and/or oversaw that his players were NOT fit to play at the level they have arrived at. Telling them they essentially had overachieved, and didn’t have what it took to get to the next level.

Look at the approach of some previous German WC campaigns.
Karl-Heinz Rummenigge provided on field leadership in their 82, and 86 WC campaign.
Lothar Matthäus, and Rudi Völler provided on field leadership in their 1990 WC campaign.
Jürgen Klinsmann, Matthias Sammer provided on field leadership in their 1994 WC campaign.
Review the role of Michael Ballack, Bastian schweinsteiger over the 99 thru 2016 European Championship and WC teams.
No German coach EVER made a statement that his team was NOT ready for the stage of the tournament they found themselves in.

Are you surprised that after the back-to-back comeback victories of the 1996 Olympic squad against Brazil, and Argentina, Germany made sure they had a friendly with Nigeria pre WC 1998?

Deflecting pressure from the team? So as his team progressed in a tournament, what were the players supposed to do? Hope they were playing video games? High School championship? The elite level is, at the very minimum, composure under pressure, and minimizing unforced mistakes. We were struggling with lower ranked teams that according to him were supposedly inferior. He blew it all. That was wasted opportunity to build team belief, chemistry, character, and identity.

Maradona thrived under pressure, and cherished high tension games. It came from his belief in his skill, composure, decision making, will to win, among other items.

No excuses, please. Rohr had NO concept of mental preparation to execute at the highest level of the game. He set up his team to play defensive, with inexperienced players, and the field of play mostly in his half of the game. Go review WC 2018. Essentially amped up the pressure on inexperienced players in their own half.

The real strategy was to avoid embarrassing losses with no offensive production. He had no clue on how to go forward. "We are here to learn my a$%". It worked. He lasted an unbelievable 5+ years. The people who selected him got a 5th rate German who never played at the highest level or never consistently executed at the highest level.
Rohr played at the highest level
His teammates that won the 1974 CL had
The best GK in the world
Best Libero in the world
The best striker in the world
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Megapro at the end of the day he’s gone, he’s had the longest tenure as SE coach with no trophy to show for it. His great winning percentage will be applauded as he gets a nice pat on the back on his way out. But bro is gone, let’s focus on the future and how we can help Eguavoen…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:04 am Megapro at the end of the day he’s gone, he’s had the longest tenure as SE coach with no trophy to show for it. His great winning percentage will be applauded as he gets a nice pat on the back on his way out. But bro is gone, let’s focus on the future and how we can help Eguavoen…
:lol:

Maceo
I must commend you guys for keeping the site the best football place to be
Although I see those fighting here a decade ago are still fighting
I'm really impressed

Between I am not in a campaign to return Rohr just that I was shocked to see all the insult for his work the past 5 years

Sure he won nothing the 5 years but he had only two competitions. He got Nigeria on the part to another two but was stopped by Nigeria from executing them not that he failed

You will compare someone that had two tournaments to Westerhof that had 5 within the same time

This is anyway about Egu explaining a Nigeria football philosophy

I wonder if there is one and we have to stick to it, and get stuck. The game has evolved
megapro 2012:
blueangel
Egg
Egg
Those Who Think Eguavoen Has Been Lucky See This

Post by blueangel »

Kudos & Repect to my fellow Cybers who know Egypt was not inept and Nigeria's victories has been because of a brilliant coach and talented team. :clap: :clap:

Of course many are awaiting our Super Eagles to be defeated.
However this will not stop them evolving into a Formidable Terrifying National Team that will eventually ascend to the TOP 5 Worldwide

waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: Those Who Think Eguavoen Has Been Lucky See This

Post by waka-man »

Posted quite a few times already.
To be fair, his results on the field prove his credentials much more than this.
Mods can we remove?
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
freeway
Egg
Egg
Eguavon explains his football philosophy

Post by freeway »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Eguavon explains his football philosophy

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Still looks fresh.
OCCUPY NFF!!