Chief Tactician Eguavoen

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chief Tactician Eguavoen

Post by danfo driver »

My favorite part of the video was his recognition of "inexperience" and "naïveté.' Been a huge killer for African countries.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:45 pm
highbury wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:13 pm This is our articulate brother explaining Nigeria's tactics. It's criminal we even spent that money to the Oyimbo dinosaur.

Wow.
This was awesome.
I could watch it for hours.

S.I.T.
Speed. Intelligence. Technique.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Interesting, indeed. Explanation very well presented. :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

And yes, Ndidi is "holding back." Unfortunately, he has played with mostly coaches who are shortsighted and who are selfish. Ndidi is someone, if given the platform, can do so much more with the ball. He used to have fantastic long shots, but his coaches are afraid and do not want him to get out of position. Hopefully, now having a coach who believes he can do more, will help him.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:02 am And yes, Ndidi is "holding back." Unfortunately, he has played with mostly coaches who are shortsighted and who are selfish. Ndidi is someone, if given the platform, can do so much more with the ball. He used to have fantastic long shots, but his coaches are afraid and do not want him to get out of position. Hopefully, now having a coach who believes he can do more, will help him.
Dummy! Here you are again opening your a**hole for all to see how USELESS you are. It is said Ndidi is holding back, not only did you quickly agreed, but already knew his coaches are 'shortsighted and selfish?' Wow, Mr. 'Know it all.' :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: No wonder you know what is happening in the UK and in America :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

highbury wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:38 pm
txj wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:50 pm
highbury wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:13 pm This is our articulate brother explaining Nigeria's tactics. It's criminal we even spent that money to the Oyimbo dinosaur
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

He's not said anything really, except give a history of the SE from the 80s.

You do remember he's coached the NT in a tournament...
Typical bad mind person
:lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Chei!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Odas wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:18 am
danfo driver wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:02 am And yes, Ndidi is "holding back." Unfortunately, he has played with mostly coaches who are shortsighted and who are selfish. Ndidi is someone, if given the platform, can do so much more with the ball. He used to have fantastic long shots, but his coaches are afraid and do not want him to get out of position. Hopefully, now having a coach who believes he can do more, will help him.
Dummy! Here you are again opening your a**hole for all to see how USELESS you are. It is said Ndidi is holding back, not only did you quickly agreed, but already knew his coaches are 'shortsighted and selfish?' Wow, Mr. 'Know it all.' :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: No wonder you know what is happening in the UK and in America :lol: :lol: :lol:
See finishing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Wicked!
OCCUPY NFF!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Beautiful stuff
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I enjoyed that. Glad to see he is a fan of Ejuke and Chuks. I feel more confident about things now. The fact that he is working with Yusuf and has been technical director is good, because it's not like he is really starting from scratch. Can't wait to see the new SE.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Wow, best technical analysis I have heard from a Nigerian coach! So we have someone like this and we employed someone that took us to the world cup to learn about football from other players?Why not give this guy a longterm contract, he has a clear philosophy that doesn't contrast with the Nigerian style, unlike Rohr. The interesting thing is that we can even replicate this 94 strategy as we have similar players in almost every position.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Spot on! He needs to watch some highlights of Oliseh. He reminds me of Mikel at Chelsea, so talented but content with doing the very basic stuff.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:58 am Wow, best technical analysis I have heard from a Nigerian coach! So we have someone like this and we employed someone that took us to the world cup to learn about football from other players?Why not give this guy a longterm contract, he has a clear philosophy that doesn't contrast with the Nigerian style, unlike Rohr. The interesting thing is that we can even replicate this 94 strategy as we have similar players in almost every position.
Like someone already said, the real test is how it translates onto the pitch.
Impressive as it is, I can already see how Nigerians could turn this beautiful presentation into a source of mockery should things not work out.
We pray it does not happen. Good luck Eguavon. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Lovely film. The guy holds your attention. Enjoyable.
Definitely looks like Ejuke is in for a bigger role and Ndidi will be asked to do more.
And generally we’ll be a more attacking team.
Interesting times.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Damunk wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:08 am
gochino wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:58 am Wow, best technical analysis I have heard from a Nigerian coach! So we have someone like this and we employed someone that took us to the world cup to learn about football from other players?Why not give this guy a longterm contract, he has a clear philosophy that doesn't contrast with the Nigerian style, unlike Rohr. The interesting thing is that we can even replicate this 94 strategy as we have similar players in almost every position.
Impressive as it is, I can already see how Nigerians could turn this beautiful presentation into a source of mockery should things not work out.
Just like Lagerback and his powerpoint lol....We actually have a very talented squad and all that is required is the right soft skills to manage these guys, and from the presentation, I think he has this. For example, he actually criticized Chukwueze, Nacho and Ndidi without bringing them down and comparing them to better players like Mane, Salah or Mahrez (Remember Rohr's Interview?) also he indirectly insinuates that Ejuke could be an intergral part of his squad if he works hard.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:49 am
Damunk wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:08 am
Just like Lagerback and his powerpoint lol....We actually have a very talented squad and all that is required is the right soft skills to manage these guys, and from the presentation, I think he has this. For example, he actually criticized Chukwueze, Nacho and Ndidi without bringing them down and comparing them to better players like Mane, Salah or Mahrez (Remember Rohr's Interview?) also he indirectly insinuates that Ejuke could be an intergral part of his squad if he works hard.
Exactly my thoughts! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

But seriously, it is very reassuring to hear him speak of the players the way he did.
I’ve got great belief in Ejuke and a few months ago I started a thread on him taking on a new SE role and responsibility:
Ejuke: That Thing You Dey Find Go Sokoto…

Coach Eguavon seems to be considering the same thing too. :thumb:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Damunk wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:52 am Are you being serious?
It was a history lesson and a rare insight from an insider into playing strategies of teams past.
It was a confession of the error he made in that heartbreaking Cannigia goal vs Argentina in ‘94.
It was a preview into his plans for the current SE and how he views some of our current players.
All this for the very first time.
And you call it rubbish.
Okay nah.
We await Yobo’s own. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
1naija wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:16 am This is a lot of bullshait.

Most of those teams he is mesmerizing us with on the draft board never qualified for the World cup. The ones that qualified only managed to get out of the first round only to crash out in the first game of the knockout stages. We've played in over 30 ANC tournaments with only 3 titles to show for all the superior tactics and quality we supposedly had. This is just nonsense.
highbury wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:13 pm This is our articulate brother explaining Nigeria's tactics. It's criminal we even spent that money to the Oyimbo dinosaur.

Wow.
This was awesome.

S.I.T.

Its really nothing that has not been said here for years, that is being passed on as a rare tactical insight.

Its nothing new, but its not Egu's fault. It was up to the journo to ask the proper questions that would draw out his thinking of the game, HOW he has applied it, etc
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

highbury wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:38 pm
txj wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:50 pm
highbury wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:13 pm This is our articulate brother explaining Nigeria's tactics. It's criminal we even spent that money to the Oyimbo dinosaur

He's not said anything really, except give a history of the SE from the 80s.

You do remember he's coached the NT in a tournament...
Typical bad mind person

You don't know me personally. I just gave my views on what Egu said, which is nothing new and has been rehashed here over and over again for years...
Last edited by txj on Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kendo
Egg
Egg
VIDEO:Eguavoen talks about Nigeria's Football Philosophy

Post by kendo »

Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: VIDEO:Eguavoen talks about Nigeria's Football Philosophy

Post by maceo4 »

This thread gives me de ja vu…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: VIDEO:Eguavoen talks about Nigeria's Football Philosophy

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:25 pm This thread gives me de ja vu…
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

There are a lot of things unspoken in Eguavoen's analysis.

He doesn't even refer to or analyse the 2010 team in which he was the coach. Selective amnesia?

His analysis is directly contradictory to what Rohr presented over the past 5+ years. Yet Eguavoen was part of the Technical review committee, and yet kept silent.

He analyses Westerhoff's WC 94 tactics, formation, and player selection. Obviously, he believes that was Nigeria's greatest assemblage of players at the right time for the right occasion. I have spoken to other players in that 94 squad, and they all know they narrowly missed creating history. "Bulgaria wey we beat reach semi final. Italy wey narrowly escape reach final! ".
Based on that belief, Eguavoen believes his/a team can reach, excel , and execute grand ambitions. All I am going to say is "e no go beta for Rohr".
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Damunk wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:52 am Are you being serious?
It was a history lesson and a rare insight from an insider into playing strategies of teams past.
It was a confession of the error he made in that heartbreaking Cannigia goal vs Argentina in ‘94.
It was a preview into his plans for the current SE and how he views some of our current players.
All this for the very first time.
And you call it rubbish.
Okay nah.
We await Yobo’s own. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
1naija wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:16 am This is a lot of bullshait.

Most of those teams he is mesmerizing us with on the draft board never qualified for the World cup. The ones that qualified only managed to get out of the first round only to crash out in the first game of the knockout stages. We've played in over 30 ANC tournaments with only 3 titles to show for all the superior tactics and quality we supposedly had. This is just nonsense.

Wow.
This was awesome.

S.I.T.
Who sai? You go wait tire. I no sure say dat man dey speak English.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

One of the frustrating things about Rohr was his penchant for under- selling his own team and respecting the opponents too much even if they were CAR.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Obong wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:37 pm One of the frustrating things about Rohr was his penchant for under- selling his own team and respecting the opponents too much even if they were CAR.
"perhaps he would have won the AFCON!" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: