Chief Tactician Eguavoen

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
Chief Tactician Eguavoen

Post by highbury »

This is our articulate brother explaining Nigeria's tactics. It's criminal we even spent that money to the Oyimbo dinosaur.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Chief Tactician Eguavoen

Post by danfo driver »

No let the slaves come after you with pain o! Afterall, "perhaps [their daddy] would have won the AFCON" :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:15 pm No let the slaves come after you with pain o! Afterall, "perhaps [their daddy] would have won the AFCON" :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:13 pm This is our articulate brother explaining Nigeria's tactics. It's criminal we even spent that money to the Oyimbo dinosaur.

Wow.
This was awesome.
I could watch it for hours.

S.I.T.
Speed. Intelligence. Technique.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

highbury wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:13 pm This is our articulate brother explaining Nigeria's tactics. It's criminal we even spent that money to the Oyimbo dinosaur
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

He's not said anything really, except give a history of the SE from the 80s.

You do remember he's coached the NT in a tournament...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
fajex
Egg
Egg

Post by fajex »

highbury wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:13 pm This is our articulate brother explaining Nigeria's tactics. It's criminal we even spent that money to the Oyimbo dinosaur.

Good knowledge, enjoyed the history too.
Kudos
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

txj wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:50 pm
highbury wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:13 pm This is our articulate brother explaining Nigeria's tactics. It's criminal we even spent that money to the Oyimbo dinosaur

Typical bad mind person
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lovely, quality football brain , and guess what he is a naija man... from the video if all the players are fit. Victor, wolf, ejuke, chuks and kele seems to be players he believes can take it to the next level
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

From the video, he rates Ejuke very high.
He believes Osimhen and Ndidi are among the best.
He has good things to say about Chukwueze.
He thinks Iheanacho is ok and needs to find his beat position.

I can conclude that Ejuke will be to Eguavon what Moses simon was to Rohr- favourite player.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Yes to the highlighted, and he missed certain facts.
All this tactical talk will be confirmed or debunked on how the SE perform under his tenure.
Also how he is able to maneuver the back stabbings of self interest 'stake holders', and control
the players' egos will be interesting.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

joao wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:03 pm

Yes to the highlighted, and he missed certain facts.
All this tactical talk will be confirmed or debunked on how the SE perform under his tenure.
Also how he is able to maneuver the back stabbings of self interest 'stake holders', and control
the players' egos will be interesting.
He's managed arguably better players than we have now
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

naijaguy wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:55 pm From the video, he rates Ejuke very high.
He believes Osimhen and Ndidi are among the best.
He has good things to say about Chukwueze.
He thinks Iheanacho is ok and needs to find his beat position.

I can conclude that Ejuke will be to Eguavon what Moses simon was to Rohr- favourite player.
Maybe if he learns to pass the ball rather than go it alone. Right now, Ejuke is just a slightly more talented Osaze. He has to evolve into a team player❗️

Cheers.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Great stuff!!! Respect for Egu
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:45 pm

Wow.
This was awesome.

S.I.T.
Yes, it is good that he has gone public to explain their thinking in 1984. Hopefully, he has tweaks to this going forward as national manager. It is far more than we have ever heard from a Manager of the Super Eagles. Kudos to him. I really liked it.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Debunks the myth, SE did not have a style of play.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

fabio wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:49 pm Debunks the myth, SE did not have a style of play.
Fabio

Do you pay attention to those speculative conclusions? Even game masters have a strategy let alone an NT manager.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This is a lot of bullshait.

Most of those teams he is mesmerizing us with on the draft board never qualified for the World cup. The ones that qualified only managed to get out of the first round only to crash out in the first game of the knockout stages. We've played in over 30 ANC tournaments with only 3 titles to show for all the superior tactics and quality we supposedly had. This is just nonsense.

Wow.
This was awesome.

S.I.T.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

1naija wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:16 am This is a lot of bullshait.

Most of those teams he is mesmerizing us with on the draft board never qualified for the World cup. The ones that qualified only managed to get out of the first round only to crash out in the first game of the knockout stages. We've played in over 30 ANC tournaments with only 3 titles to show for all the superior tactics and quality we supposedly had. This is just nonsense.

Wow.
This was awesome.

S.I.T.
See bad mind oozing. It stinks
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

fabio wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:49 pm Debunks the myth, SE did not have a style of play.
Why you dey find trouble 🤣... we all know our style are pace from the wings, dominating possession and building from the back...those enemies of progress will never speak the truth.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Egu is a very articulate and brilliant football mind, he's a student of the game along with his passion for SE, will to climb the mountain in front of the team. The only question how whether or not he'll be allowed to fully express himself, make decisions without getting questioned etc. He certainly has a lot to offer SE.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Are you being serious?
It was a history lesson and a rare insight from an insider into playing strategies of teams past.
It was a confession of the error he made in that heartbreaking Cannigia goal vs Argentina in ‘94.
It was a preview into his plans for the current SE and how he views some of our current players.
All this for the very first time.
And you call it rubbish.
Okay nah.
We await Yobo’s own. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wow.
This was awesome.

S.I.T.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:52 am Are you being serious?
It was a history lesson and a rare insight from an insider into playing strategies of teams past.
It was a confession of the error he made in that heartbreaking Cannigia goal vs Argentina in ‘94.
It was a preview into his plans for the current SE and how he views some of our current players.
All this for the very first time.
And you call it rubbish.
Okay nah.
We await Yobo’s own. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You know Unku 1Naira never watched the video.

It is not RHWOA or Love and Hip Hop or other mind-numbing TV.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

It will be interesting to see how the players respond to him and how well he is able to communicate his ideas. There was something about the Nigerian psyche which Rohr never fully understood. Eguavoen is already talking about the possibility of winning the WC, albeit a very tall order. Rohr would never see this as possible and has always transmitted this mindset to his team.