2022 Nigerian Professional Football League

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2022 Nigerian Professional Football League

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

YemiBrazil wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:17 pm
Gotti wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:22 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:57 amUkwala,

But that is not disrespect for AFCON. If you shutdown the league, then you will have a huge backlog to deal with. AFCON has not asked EPL to shutdown. It simply asked EPL to release players. It asked NPFL to do the same and one Enyimba player (John Noble) was released.

I do not see it as disrespect. The best the NPFL can do is, perhaps, shift NPFL games in terms of start time or a day on which SE plays. But they should do nothing more. The league should not shutdown because the AFCON is taking place.
Spot on! :agree:
Spot wetin on?? This is arrant nonsense and we are protesting. The AFCON is affecting our concentration in Ibadan and all the matches played within that period must be canceled!
Even if AFCON is played in the twilight zone, sooting will still be relegated. Water always finds its level😃❗️

Cheers.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Condolences to his family, loved ones and the 3SC community.

Nigeria and overdoing things. Black armbands and one minute silence at the beginning of the match is not enough. Now one minute stoppage at the 70th minute. I hope they will wait until the ball is out of play!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ukwala wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:16 pm Condolences to his family, loved ones and the 3SC community.

Nigeria and overdoing things. Black armbands and one minute silence at the beginning of the match is not enough. Now one minute stoppage at the 70th minute. I hope they will wait until the ball is out of play!
:clap: nice gesture. He definitely was a notable part of Nigerian football.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

YemiBrazil wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:17 pmSpot wetin on?? This is arrant nonsense and we are protesting. The AFCON is affecting our concentration in Ibadan and all the matches played within that period must be canceled!
No more excuses now... :lol: :lol: :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

But that is not disrespect for AFCON. If you shutdown the league, then you will have a huge backlog to deal with. AFCON has not asked EPL to shutdown. It simply asked EPL to release players. It asked NPFL to do the same and one Enyimba player (John Noble) was released.

I do not see it as disrespect. The best the NPFL can do is, perhaps, shift NPFL games in terms of start time or a day on which SE plays. But they should do nothing more. The league should not shutdown because the AFCON is taking place.

Which confederation in the world organizes its major tournament in the middle of their season?

But I do agree it is unrealistic and unfair to saddle CAF with the responsibility of solving what is a global scheduling problem...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:00 pm

Which confederation in the world organizes its major tournament in the middle of their season?

But I do agree it is unrealistic and unfair to saddle CAF with the responsibility of solving what is a global scheduling problem...
Txj

Just for clarity are you stating that FIFA was unwise to suggest continental contests at the middle of the season worldwide? CAF merely agreed to FIFA suggestion.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:17 pm

Txj

Just for clarity are you stating that FIFA was unwise to suggest continental contests at the middle of the season worldwide? CAF merely agreed to FIFA suggestion.

Well, the fact no other confederation accepted this speaks for itself.
This is a global problem that needs a global solution

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:37 pm

Txj

Txj,

Europe does not represent all confederations. All confederations, Except Europe, bought into the FIFA plan. BTW, if you are aware of the history, the plan was actually based on the winter break that existed at the time in several European countries.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:03 pm

Txj

Txj,

Europe does not represent all confederations. All confederations, Except Europe, bought into the FIFA plan. BTW, if you are aware of the history, the plan was actually based on the winter break that existed at the time in several European countries.

Ultimately CONMEBOL did not accept it.

My point is that it has to be unanimous; it has to work for everybody b/c its a global problem

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:08 pm

Txj

Txj,

My point is that it has to be unanimous; it has to work for everybody b/c its a global problem
Okay. I assume Africa is included in the everybody? So now if it does not work for Africa to have it in the summer, what's next? Accept Europe's stance?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:40 pm

Txj

Txj,

Okay. I assume Africa is included in the everybody? So now if it does not work for Africa to have it in the summer, what's next? Accept Europe's stance?

what more do you want me to say?

Its a global problem that needs everybody to reach a mutually acceptable decision.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:12 pm

Txj

Txj,

Its a global problem that needs everybody to reach a mutually acceptable decision.
Txj

I definitely agree that a global solution is needed, more likely via negotiation. This is really what Infantino's new project on an entirely new calendar is about. The current agreement is near expiration.

Infantino realizes the constant wrangle between clubs and countries and he has tried to build a coalition to support a new calendar that will reserve a 2-3 month (?) window each year for international football. This period will have all international friendlies and tournaments.

This way, you will not have the constant request to release players for international football. However, the question, as always, is whether UEFA will agree. UEFA has, already, become the first (followed by a recanting CONMEBOL) to resist this proposed new calendar. Note that CONMEBOL was in fact one of the first to support the calendar but recanted after UEFA resisted. We wait.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:44 pm

Txj

Txj,

Txj

I definitely agree that a global solution is needed, more likely via negotiation. This is really what Infantino's new project on an entirely new calendar is about. The current agreement is near expiration.

Infantino realizes the constant wrangle between clubs and countries and he has tried to build a coalition to support a new calendar that will reserve a 2-3 month (?) window each year for international football. This period will have all international friendlies and tournaments.

This way, you will not have the constant request to release players for international football. However, the question, as always, is whether UEFA will agree. UEFA has, already, become the first (followed by a recanting CONMEBOL) to resist this proposed new calendar. Note that CONMEBOL was in fact one of the first to support the calendar but recanted after UEFA resisted. We wait.

What Infantino is trying to do is enrich his pocket ie FIFA, using the synchronization of the global calendar as an excuse.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:52 pm

Txj,

Txj

What Infantino is trying to do is enrich his pocket ie FIFA, using the synchronization of the global calendar as an excuse.
Txj

That is rumored and some suggest the evidence exist. However, there is a clear incentive for the current maneuver...maneuver.... he needs the VOTES.... to return as President. He has promised the FAs additional funds to develop feifdoms. Ostensibly this will help places like Nigeria to develop venues, league, etc. That money will come from an expanded World Cup and a more frequent one. That is the motivation.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:06 pm

Txj,

Txj

Txj

That is rumored and some suggest the evidence exist. However, there is a clear incentive for the current maneuver...maneuver.... he needs the VOTES.... to return as President. He has promised the FAs additional funds to develop feifdoms. Ostensibly this will help places like Nigeria to develop venues, league, etc. That money will come from an expanded World Cup and a more frequent one. That is the motivation.

Its not a rumor. He wants a 2yr WC to enrich the coffers of FIFA and in direct competition with the UEFA CL, this after backtracking on the super league. That is the incentive. What they make every 4yrs, UEFA makes close to that every year!

In response, UEFA and COMEBOL have now opened a joint office in London to explore options for collaboration on a joint competition.

There's no logical basis for a 2yr WC, taking the regional tournaments and the club calendar into consideration.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:28 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:06 pm

Txj

Txj

Its not a rumor. He wants a 2yr WC to enrich the coffers of FIFA and in direct competition with the UEFA CL, this after backtracking on the super league. That is the incentive. What they make every 4yrs, UEFA makes close to that every year!

In response, UEFA and COMEBOL have now opened a joint office in London to explore options for collaboration on a joint competition.

There's no logical basis for a 2yr WC, taking the regional tournaments and the club calendar into consideration.
Actually, that is not what I referred to as rumor. I was referring to enriching his pocket.

As for the FIFA/confederation election angle, see my earlier comment.

In my view, it is a smart angle to attract the likes of CAF. Note that UEFA is also angling at enriching their confederation and FAs. It is about dollars on both sides. There is no altruism for either side. Thus, for Africa, the issue is who presents the better option for Africa to benefit ? What is Europe offering Africa? What is Infantino offering to Africa?

On your last paragraph, it would be helpful to read up on the plan because it addresses that issue. You assume that the current calendar is etched solid. No, it isnt. The plan revolutionizes the ENTIRE calendar. So thinking of the calendar as is becomes irrelevant.

Txj, it is important that we read these positions deeply and not just what they state on the surface. First understand that all these organizations are primarily political organizations designed to sever first and foremost their constituency. There is hardly altruism attached. Thus, while FIA is concerned for its constituency (includes Africa which has votes), Europe is also concerned for its own constituency (Africa has ZILCH as votes). Thus, we are able to cite what FIFA has promised to do for Africa. Can we do the same for UEFA in terms of what it promises to do for Africa to match possibilities from FIFA? That is the most important thing in analyzing these proposals if one assumes that your interest is indeed that of Nigeria or Africa and not Europe.
Last edited by Enugu II on Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Gotti wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:57 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:17 pmSpot wetin on?? This is arrant nonsense and we are protesting. The AFCON is affecting our concentration in Ibadan and all the matches played within that period must be canceled!
Yep...And we won today :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Sooting 2 vs Kwara United 1.
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Toxicarrow wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:53 am
Toxic,

Una don escape NPFL dungeon, abi? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:17 am
Toxicarrow wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:53 am
Toxic,

Una don escape NPFL dungeon, abi? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
E11,
At least for now to "shut" the big mouths of Comrade Ukwala and other fans of that unknown team from the Coal City :taunt:
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

ukwala wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:05 pm
Myth had it that the ghost of Balogun came down today at Lekan Salami Stadium and said the final goodbye to the team in "victory" . Immediately after 70th minute stoppage to honour Balogun, "he" responded. :)

Being one goal down before the stoppage, Oluyole Warriors equalized at the 76th minutes and then scored the "winner" on the last strike of the game in 94th minutes ! :D At the sound of the whistle, it was believed that Balogun has finally gone to rest in peace. It was a celebration galore in the dressing room, with the Oyo State sports commissioner, players team officials an coaches shouting "Kule Kule". Kule was Balogun's nickname. FYI: there is a video of this on Facebook page of the sports commissioner

RIP Balogun....
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Toxicarrow wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:24 am
ukwala wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:05 pm
Myth had it that the ghost of Balogun came down today at Lekan Salami Stadium and said the final goodbye to the team in "victory" . Immediately after 70th minute stoppage to honour Balogun, "he" responded. :)

Being one goal down before the stoppage, Oluyole Warriors equalized at the 76th minutes and then scored the "winner" on the last strike of the game in 94th minutes ! :D At the sound of the whistle, it was believed that Balogun has finally gone to rest in peace. It was a celebration galore in the dressing room, with the Oyo State sports commissioner, players team officials an coaches shouting "Kule Kule". Kule was Balogun's nickname. FYI: there is a video of this on Facebook page of the sports commissioner

RIP Balogun....
Here is the link to the video: