2022 Nigerian Professional Football League

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg
Re: 2022 Nigerian Professional Football League

Post by Toxicarrow »

Toxicarrow wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:24 am
ukwala wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:05 pm
Myth had it that the ghost of Balogun came down today at Lekan Salami Stadium and said the final goodbye to the team in "victory" . Immediately after 70th minute stoppage to honour Balogun, "he" responded. :)

Being one goal down before the stoppage, Oluyole Warriors equalized at the 76th minutes and then scored the "winner" on the last strike of the game in 94th minutes ! :D At the sound of the whistle, it was believed that Balogun has finally gone to rest in peace. It was a celebration galore in the dressing room, with the Oyo State sports commissioner, players team officials an coaches shouting "Kule Kule". Kule was Balogun's nickname. FYI: there is a video of this on Facebook page of the sports commissioner

RIP Balogun....
The winning goal video
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Toxicarrow wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:04 am
Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:17 am
Toxicarrow wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:53 am
Gotti wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:57 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:17 pmSpot wetin on?? This is arrant nonsense and we are protesting. The AFCON is affecting our concentration in Ibadan and all the matches played within that period must be canceled!
No more excuses now... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yep...And we won today :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Sooting 2 vs Kwara United 1.
Toxic,

Una don escape NPFL dungeon, abi? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
E11,
At least for now to "shut" the big mouths of Comrade Ukwala and other fans of that unknown team from the Coal City :taunt:
:lol: :lol: Comrade Toxic, that win has 'tactical' written all over it but I will let sleeping dogs lie in honour of the late GM of your once great club.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:44 am
txj wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:28 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:06 pm
txj wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:52 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:44 pm
txj wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:12 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:40 pm

Okay. I assume Africa is included in the everybody? So now if it does not work for Africa to have it in the summer, what's next? Accept Europe's stance?

what more do you want me to say?

Its a global problem that needs everybody to reach a mutually acceptable decision.
Txj

I definitely agree that a global solution is needed, more likely via negotiation. This is really what Infantino's new project on an entirely new calendar is about. The current agreement is near expiration.

Infantino realizes the constant wrangle between clubs and countries and he has tried to build a coalition to support a new calendar that will reserve a 2-3 month (?) window each year for international football. This period will have all international friendlies and tournaments.

This way, you will not have the constant request to release players for international football. However, the question, as always, is whether UEFA will agree. UEFA has, already, become the first (followed by a recanting CONMEBOL) to resist this proposed new calendar. Note that CONMEBOL was in fact one of the first to support the calendar but recanted after UEFA resisted. We wait.

What Infantino is trying to do is enrich his pocket ie FIFA, using the synchronization of the global calendar as an excuse.
Txj

That is rumored and some suggest the evidence exist. However, there is a clear incentive for the current maneuver...maneuver.... he needs the VOTES.... to return as President. He has promised the FAs additional funds to develop feifdoms. Ostensibly this will help places like Nigeria to develop venues, league, etc. That money will come from an expanded World Cup and a more frequent one. That is the motivation.

Its not a rumor. He wants a 2yr WC to enrich the coffers of FIFA and in direct competition with the UEFA CL, this after backtracking on the super league. That is the incentive. What they make every 4yrs, UEFA makes close to that every year!

In response, UEFA and COMEBOL have now opened a joint office in London to explore options for collaboration on a joint competition.

There's no logical basis for a 2yr WC, taking the regional tournaments and the club calendar into consideration.
Actually, that is not what I referred to as rumor. I was referring to enriching his pocket.

As for the FIFA/confederation election angle, see my earlier comment.

In my view, it is a smart angle to attract the likes of CAF. Note that UEFA is also angling at enriching their confederation and FAs. It is about dollars on both sides. There is no altruism for either side. Thus, for Africa, the issue is who presents the better option for Africa to benefit ? What is Europe offering Africa? What is Infantino offering to Africa?

On your last paragraph, it would be helpful to read up on the plan because it addresses that issue. You assume that the current calendar is etched solid. No, it isnt. The plan revolutionizes the ENTIRE calendar. So thinking of the calendar as is becomes irrelevant.

Txj, it is important that we read these positions deeply and not just what they state on the surface. First understand that all these organizations are primarily political organizations designed to sever first and foremost their constituency. There is hardly altruism attached. Thus, while FIA is concerned for its constituency (includes Africa which has votes), Europe is also concerned for its own constituency (Africa has ZILCH as votes). Thus, we are able to cite what FIFA has promised to do for Africa. Can we do the same for UEFA in terms of what it promises to do for Africa to match possibilities from FIFA? That is the most important thing in analyzing these proposals if one assumes that your interest is indeed that of Nigeria or Africa and not Europe.

I'm looking at it first and foremost as a football fan and student of the game. A 2 year WC is a NO NO for me, period!
It has massive cascade effect that pretty much gobbles up everything, including the olympics, the world athletics championships, etc. Plus the impact on players which Infantino repeatedly glosses over..

So for me the quid pro quo angle that is your focus is of zero interest to me.

I'm quite familiar with the details of the proposal from Infantino and I am not in the least persuaded. Never quite sure why you ALWAYS make these assumptions about me. I follow these issues in far more detail than you can imagine...

But I do favor the idea of consolidating the international window. And there's more that can be ldone along those lines...

The proposal could also have done more in encouraging the confeds to grow independently not become eternal recipients of FIFA handouts.

The idea of using those dollars as carrots especially to CAF, which you seem overly enthused by, I find quite offensive. CAF needs to grow independently on its own terms and attract leaders who are not beholden to their self interests. What Infantino is continuing to do re CAF at an accelerated rate, I find quite cynical and obnoxious... It perpetuates the kind of leadership we saw with Issa Hayatou and inspires others to follow suit, like our own Pinnick...

I am working on an article on this but have had little time...

What FIFA can do and should do is focus on areas in which it can strengthen the confederations, esp in the developing world, without constraining the space they need to grow independently.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Txj

While you make your position quite clear below, I obviously have a different perspective. While I believe CAF can grown independently and raise its own funds, I believe that some of those sources for funding can come from working with others as is exemplified in Infantino's plan. CAF is one of the confederations that can gain immensely from such a relationship. My position is clear, I am pro-African football first and foremost. Thus, my positions on most issues will come from that positioning. This is one such case.

Football is not and will never be apolitical. It is intricately political and will increasingly be so given the amount funds that become accessible. The issue of redrawing the football calendar is really an issue about access to funds. The political struggle is ON!!! Who wins that struggle basically syphons the funds to a large extent. Funds that can assist in developing the game in THEIR REGION.

The above is why the battle for African access is paramount. Whether the African FAs are fully informed and invested in that struggle is an entirely different question. There is little doubt that a 2-year cycle for the WC favors African FAs while it hurts Europe. Think funds here. The change of calendar will not affect the leagues per se whether such leagues are in Europe or not. Why? Given the fact that about 2-3 months are set aside annually for international competition that already specifies that the leagues are left to organize their competitions however they wish in the other 9-10 months of each year.

So who is bothered then? European clubs! Why should they? Because they want a piece of the pie to be set aside for club competitions. They wish to use it to grow additional funds. None of those funds are earmarked to significantly support the goals of African FAs (unlike FIFA's plan).

The above (in a nutshell) is my gripe and my reason for my position.

txj wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:12 pm
txj wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:12 pm

what more do you want me to say?

Its a global problem that needs everybody to reach a mutually acceptable decision.
Txj

I definitely agree that a global solution is needed, more likely via negotiation. This is really what Infantino's new project on an entirely new calendar is about. The current agreement is near expiration.

Infantino realizes the constant wrangle between clubs and countries and he has tried to build a coalition to support a new calendar that will reserve a 2-3 month (?) window each year for international football. This period will have all international friendlies and tournaments.

This way, you will not have the constant request to release players for international football. However, the question, as always, is whether UEFA will agree. UEFA has, already, become the first (followed by a recanting CONMEBOL) to resist this proposed new calendar. Note that CONMEBOL was in fact one of the first to support the calendar but recanted after UEFA resisted. We wait.

What Infantino is trying to do is enrich his pocket ie FIFA, using the synchronization of the global calendar as an excuse.
Txj

That is rumored and some suggest the evidence exist. However, there is a clear incentive for the current maneuver...maneuver.... he needs the VOTES.... to return as President. He has promised the FAs additional funds to develop feifdoms. Ostensibly this will help places like Nigeria to develop venues, league, etc. That money will come from an expanded World Cup and a more frequent one. That is the motivation.

Its not a rumor. He wants a 2yr WC to enrich the coffers of FIFA and in direct competition with the UEFA CL, this after backtracking on the super league. That is the incentive. What they make every 4yrs, UEFA makes close to that every year!

In response, UEFA and COMEBOL have now opened a joint office in London to explore options for collaboration on a joint competition.

There's no logical basis for a 2yr WC, taking the regional tournaments and the club calendar into consideration.
Actually, that is not what I referred to as rumor. I was referring to enriching his pocket.

In my view, it is a smart angle to attract the likes of CAF. Note that UEFA is also angling at enriching their confederation and FAs. It is about dollars on both sides. There is no altruism for either side. Thus, for Africa, the issue is who presents the better option for Africa to benefit ? What is Europe offering Africa? What is Infantino offering to Africa?

On your last paragraph, it would be helpful to read up on the plan because it addresses that issue. You assume that the current calendar is etched solid. No, it isnt. The plan revolutionizes the ENTIRE calendar. So thinking of the calendar as is becomes irrelevant.

Txj, it is important that we read these positions deeply and not just what they state on the surface. First understand that all these organizations are primarily political organizations designed to sever first and foremost their constituency. There is hardly altruism attached. Thus, while FIA is concerned for its constituency (includes Africa which has votes), Europe is also concerned for its own constituency (Africa has ZILCH as votes). Thus, we are able to cite what FIFA has promised to do for Africa. Can we do the same for UEFA in terms of what it promises to do for Africa to match possibilities from FIFA? That is the most important thing in analyzing these proposals if one assumes that your interest is indeed that of Nigeria or Africa and not Europe.

I'm looking at it first and foremost as a football fan and student of the game. A 2 year WC is a NO NO for me, period!
It has massive cascade effect that pretty much gobbles up everything, including the olympics, the world athletics championships, etc. Plus the impact on players which Infantino repeatedly glosses over..

I'm quite familiar with the details of the proposal from Infantino and I am not in the least persuaded. Never quite sure why you ALWAYS make these assumptions about me. I follow these issues in far more detail than you can imagine...

But I do favor the idea of consolidating the international window. And there's more that can be ldone along those lines...

The proposal could also have done more in encouraging the confeds to grow independently not become eternal recipients of FIFA handouts.

The idea of using those dollars as carrots especially to CAF, which you seem overly enthused by, I find quite offensive. CAF needs to grow independently on its own terms and attract leaders who are not beholden to their self interests. What Infantino is continuing to do re CAF at an accelerated rate, I find quite cynical and obnoxious... It perpetuates the kind of leadership we saw with Issa Hayatou and inspires others to follow suit, like our own Pinnick...

What FIFA can do and should do is focus on areas in which it can strengthen the confederations, esp in the developing world, without constraining the space they need to grow independently.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:42 pm Txj

While you make your position quite clear below, I obviously have a different perspective. While I believe CAF can grown independently and raise its own funds, I believe that some of those sources for funding can come from working with others as is exemplified in Infantino's plan. CAF is one of the confederations that can gain immensely from such a relationship. My position is clear, I am pro-African football first and foremost. Thus, my positions on most issues will come from that positioning. This is one such case.

Football is not and will never be apolitical. It is intricately political and will increasingly be so given the amount funds that become accessible. The issue of redrawing the football calendar is really an issue about access to funds. The political struggle is ON!!! Who wins that struggle basically syphons the funds to a large extent. Funds that can assist in developing the game in THEIR REGION.

The above is why the battle for African access is paramount. Whether the African FAs are fully informed and invested in that struggle is an entirely different question. There is little doubt that a 2-year cycle for the WC favors African FAs while it hurts Europe. Think funds here. The change of calendar will not affect the leagues per se whether such leagues are in Europe or not. Why? Given the fact that about 2-3 months are set aside annually for international competition that already specifies that the leagues are left to organize their competitions however they wish in the other 9-10 months of each year.

So who is bothered then? European clubs! Why should they? Because they want a piece of the pie to be set aside for club competitions. They wish to use it to grow additional funds. None of those funds are earmarked to significantly support the goals of African FAs (unlike FIFA's plan).

Txj

Txj

I'm pro-African football also, as are all of us here. Its not about politics or lack of it, but the direction of the politics.

But I'm not pro entrenchment of a CAF cabal and the culture of financial dependence on FIFA and trickle down that such politics perpetuates.

I am not and will never be. You in particular often speak of colonial mentality and inferiority; ironically its staring at you in the face!

I don't want to be dependent on Europe to develop African players any more than I want to be beholden to handouts from Infantino...

A 2-year cycle favors FIFA primarily, because it takes away the space for the confederations to independently grow their own competition (AND FINANCES), and enhances dependency on FIFA.

Plus it imposes an undue burden on players, including African players.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

ukwala wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:59 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:17 pmSpot wetin on?? This is arrant nonsense and we are protesting. The AFCON is affecting our concentration in Ibadan and all the matches played within that period must be canceled!
Toxic,

E11,
At least for now to "shut" the big mouths of Comrade Ukwala and other fans of that unknown team from the Coal City :taunt:
:lol: :lol: Comrade Toxic, that win has 'tactical' written all over it but I will let sleeping dogs lie in honour of the late GM of your once great club.
We never even start you don dey give excuse? I told you we were distracted by that yeye AFCON now you have seen undiluted Naija+Brazilian soccer for Ibadan. Even Uncle Tony the Rat Killer don dey shake. We got this :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:51 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:42 pm Txj

Txj

I'm pro-African football also, as are all of us here. Its not about politics or lack of it, but the direction of the politics.

But I'm not pro entrenchment of a CAF cabal and the culture of financial dependence on FIFA and trickle down that such politics perpetuates.

I am not and will never be. You in particular often speak of colonial mentality and inferiority; ironically its staring at you in the face!

I don't want to be dependent on Europe to develop African players any more than I want to be beholden to handouts from Infantino...

A 2-year cycle favors FIFA primarily, because it takes away the space for the confederations to independently grow their own competition (AND FINANCES), and enhances dependency on FIFA.

Plus it imposes an undue burden on players, including African players.
Txj,

I would characterize it as relationship and not dependency. Dependency involves you become subordinate to another's wishes whereas relationship involves interdependency.

What you describe as your position is actually characterized as dependency. For instance, the current situation which will be enhanced if competitions like the World Cup are sidelined and the opening (surely) left is captured by Europe and its competitions. This, invariably, weakens African interests. Currently, Europe is the destination for African talent. That will worsen if Africa is unable to access the revenue. Currently, Africa remains in a subservient status and doing nothing or keeping things the way they are will keep Africa in that status or even worsen the status.

You state that you don't want to depend on Europe to develop our players. What FIFA designs is actually the way to get out of that dependency.

What is your alternative to get out of such dependency?

To be clear, the FIFA money is not a handout. It is money that is earned deservedly from Africa's participation in the World Cup. Note that the FIFA monies do not only go to Africa but to all members of FIFA, clubs and Federations. Currently, Europe gets the lion share. Are you classifying that as Europe's dependency on FIFA handouts? If not, why does the term handout apply only to African entities.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:30 amTxj,

I would characterize it as relationship and not dependency. Dependency involves you become subordinate to another's wishes whereas relationship involves interdependency.

What you describe as your position is actually characterized as dependency. For instance, the current situation which will be enhanced if competitions like the World Cup are sidelined and the opening (surely) left is captured by Europe and its competitions. This, invariably, weakens African interests. Currently, Europe is the destination for African talent. That will worsen if Africa is unable to access the revenue. Currently, Africa remains in a subservient status and doing nothing or keeping things the way they are will keep Africa in that status or even worsen the status.

You state that you don't want to depend on Europe to develop our players. What FIFA designs is actually the way to get out of that dependency.

What is your alternative to get out of such dependency?

To be clear, the FIFA money is not a handout. It is money that is earned deservedly from Africa's participation in the World Cup. Note that the FIFA monies do not only go to Africa but to all members of FIFA, clubs and Federations. Currently, Europe gets the lion share. Are you classifying that as Europe's dependency on FIFA handouts? If not, why does the term handout apply only to African entities.
1. It depends on FIFA to hand out money to CAF. Its a relationship based on hand outs.

2. It takes away the space for CAF to grow its own competition with all international football focused on feeding into the biennial WC.

3. WC revenues from FIFA come from marketing to global conglomerates and advertising dollars.
I should remind you that Africa has a huge potential for expansion of viewership of its competition in prime global markets. What CAF needs to do is find creative ways to monetize this not reinforce a dependency.

4. With its own competition growing, the multiplier effect is the growth of African teams and players, IN AFRICA.
\
5. The proposal seeks to perpetuate the CAF fiefdom and the Issa Hayatou complex, as we already see with the likes of Pinnick...

Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

YemiBrazil wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:34 pm
Toxic,

E11,
We never even start you don dey give excuse? I told you we were distracted by that yeye AFCON now you have seen undiluted Naija+Brazilian soccer for Ibadan. Even Uncle Tony the Rat Killer don dey shake. We got this :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Abeg tell them, YemiBrazil...Another victory today-- on the road. MFM 0-3Sc 1
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Week 9 results
Tornadoes 0-1 Akwa Utd
Kwara Utd 2-0 Gombe Utd
MFM 0-1 3SC
Remo Stars 1-1 Rivers Utd
Dakkada 0-0 Rangers
Plateau Utd 1-0 Abia Warriors
Wikki 2-0 Nasarawa Utd
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Toxicarrow wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:47 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:34 pm
Toxic,

E11,
Abeg tell them, YemiBrazil...Another victory today-- on the road. MFM 0-3Sc 1
Comrade Toxic, congrats on your victory over a team that is dead bottom of the league. Be assured that such days will be few and far between :taunt: :taunt:
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Comrade Ukwala,
Every point counts.... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: 3 points today is massive. On Wednesday, we hope to "break" Heartland in Ibadan. That will be another 3 points to move up the ladder.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Toxicarrow wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:39 pm Comrade Ukwala,
Every point counts.... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: 3 points today is massive. On Wednesday, we hope to "break" Heartland in Ibadan. That will be another 3 points to move up the ladder.
Comrade Toxic,

Hmmm, Heartland is another basement team so I can understand your optimisim :taunt: :taunt:
Let's see what happens when you play a real team :tic: :tic:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

ukwala wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:58 pm
Comrade Toxic,

Hmmm, Heartland is another basement team so I can understand your optimisim :taunt: :taunt:
Uncle Comrade Ukwala, if you mean Enyimba... they already know they are in big trouble. Na Gear 1 we still dey! :D :taunt:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

YemiBrazil wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:51 pm
Comrade Toxic,

Uncle Comrade Ukwala, if you mean Enyimba... they already know they are in big trouble. Na Gear 1 we still dey! :D :taunt:
Ogbeni YemiB,
I greet you sir. Yes, Enyimba is a real team. From where Shooting Stars sit however, look up the league table and you will see the 3 R’s sitting atop the table (please do not strain your neck o :taunt: ). The real teams start from there :taunt: .
To help you, check here; https://npfl.ng/league-table/
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Comrade Toxic,

Welll...Another massive 3 points (and 4 goals) this evening in Ibadan. Ikenne here we come for the Remo Stars. Watch out on Sunday for war :taunt: Btw, sorry about your 2nd home loss :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Week 10
Katsina Utd 1-0 Sunshine Stars
Lobi 1-1 Tornadoes
Akwa Utd 1-1 Kwara Utd
3SC 4-0 Heartland :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :D
Kano Pillars 0-0 Remo Stars
Rivers Utd 2-1 Dakkada
Rangers 0-1 Plateau Utd :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Abia Warriors 3-0 Wikki
Nasarawa Utd 2-1 Enyimba
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Toxicarrow wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:07 pm Week 10
Lobi 1-1 Tornadoes
Akwa Utd 1-1 Kwara Utd
Rivers Utd 2-1 Dakkada
Rangers 0-1 Plateau Utd :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Abia Warriors 3-0 Wikki
Nasarawa Utd 2-1 Enyimba
I see Sooting has climbed to 5th!!! Good. I hope Remo can hold on. What a story it will be if they do and get to represent Nigeria in Africa.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:10 pm
Lobi 1-1 Tornadoes
Akwa Utd 1-1 Kwara Utd
Rivers Utd 2-1 Dakkada
Abia Warriors 3-0 Wikki
Nasarawa Utd 2-1 Enyimba
I see Sooting has climbed to 5th!!! Good. I hope Remo can hold on. What a story it will be if they do and get to represent Nigeria in Africa.
Sooting is beginning to get a grip on the premier league, kudos to them. Heartland is a very poor team anyway and the true test for Sooting is still to come.
I don’t know why Rangers should lose to Plateau in Enugu :veryangry: :veryangry: . Maikaba had better get his acts together before the fans turn on him.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ukwala wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:07 pm
Lobi 1-1 Tornadoes
Akwa Utd 1-1 Kwara Utd
Rivers Utd 2-1 Dakkada
Abia Warriors 3-0 Wikki
Nasarawa Utd 2-1 Enyimba
Sooting is beginning to get a grip on the premier league, kudos to them. Heartland is a very poor team anyway and the true test for Sooting is still to come.
I don’t know why Rangers should lose to Plateau in Enugu :veryangry: :veryangry: . Maikaba had better get his acts together before the fans turn on him.
How odd? Two losses and both at home in Enugu. They remain unbeaten away. Very odd but you are correct if Maikaba does not shape up the fans will descend on him.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Lobi 1-1 Tornadoes
Akwa Utd 1-1 Kwara Utd
Rivers Utd 2-1 Dakkada
Abia Warriors 3-0 Wikki
Nasarawa Utd 2-1 Enyimba
Yes now....Sooting na correct team oooo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:04 pm
Lobi 1-1 Tornadoes
Akwa Utd 1-1 Kwara Utd
Rivers Utd 2-1 Dakkada
Abia Warriors 3-0 Wikki
Nasarawa Utd 2-1 Enyimba
How odd? Two losses and both at home in Enugu. They remain unbeaten away. Very odd but you are correct if Maikaba does not shape up the fans will descend on him.
To be honest, those losses are not big surprise because both teams (Enyimba and Plateau United) had reasons to punish Rangers. In the case of Enyimba, it was purely rivalry. For Plateau United, that was Maikaba's old team. The players reminded him of how "solid" they still are in his absence. Nonetheless, it would have been bad if Maikaba and his boys had not been getting points on the road.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Toxicarrow wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:56 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:04 pm
Lobi 1-1 Tornadoes
Akwa Utd 1-1 Kwara Utd
Rivers Utd 2-1 Dakkada
Abia Warriors 3-0 Wikki
Nasarawa Utd 2-1 Enyimba
To be honest, those losses are not big surprise because both teams (Enyimba and Plateau United) had reasons to punish Rangers. In the case of Enyimba, it was purely rivalry. For Plateau United, that was Maikaba's old team. The players reminded him of how "solid" they still are in his absence. Nonetheless, it would have been bad if Maikaba and his boys had not been getting points on the road.
:clap: Convincing take. Rangers better shape up or else they may find themselves out of running for Africa. 3Sc - is this a mirage or are they serious. For me, I pray Remo wins the league. My hope is the officiating remains fair and tgat teams like Remo can win the league. We need teams like that so that these state entities can be forgotten or wither away.