SE NEW MANAGER: Jose Peseiro......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Re: SE NEW MANAGER: Jose Peseiro......

Post by iworo »

I’m still unable to find a single video on the web with our new coach speaking English. Can he communicate fluently in English language or he’s going to rely on a translator to communicate with the media and the national team players? I know that some of you guys are gonna say that, it’s not going to affect his delivery and performance of his duties. Personally, I really think that a coach should be able to communicate directly with majority of his players. I’m just sayin’.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

iworo wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:51 am I’m still unable to find a single video on the web with our new coach speaking English. Can he communicate fluently in English language or he’s going to rely on a translator to communicate with the media and the national team players? I know that some of you guys are gonna say that, it’s not going to affect his delivery and performance of his duties. Personally, I really think that a coach should be able to communicate directly with majority of his players. I’m just sayin’.
I agree.

Imagine they were trying to hire that Serbian guy who cannot speak English, and doesn't even have a good record to begin with.

The coach should be able to speak English.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:19 am
wale1974 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:38 am This appointment makes no sense one bit..........he was a flop with Venezuela.
To be fair even a Klopp or Pep would have flopped with that Venezuelan team given the very poor conditions of their football structure and of course the low quality talent level of the national team relative to the other South American teams.
I agree.

BUt there was a while where Venezuela was getting a good string of results. I think it was a few years ago. I wonder where Peseiro fits into the form of the Venezuelan team.

How were they doing directly before he came ? Did their form change under him ? How has it been after him ?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

iworo wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:51 am I’m still unable to find a single video on the web with our new coach speaking English. Can he communicate fluently in English language or he’s going to rely on a translator to communicate with the media and the national team players? I know that some of you guys are gonna say that, it’s not going to affect his delivery and performance of his duties. Personally, I really think that a coach should be able to communicate directly with majority of his players. I’m just sayin’.
He speaks English
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Looking at Peseiro's stint as Venezuela coach

he started October 9 2020 and coached until Aug 2021 when he resigned.

During that period his team played in the 2021 Copa America and was engaged in World Cup qualifying for 2022

His record

6 Losses 3 draws 1 win

That is a piss poor record IMO, even considering it is Venezuela. But lets look at Venezuela's fortunes before and after Peseiro.

After Peseiro

Venezuela has LOST 7 and won 1 match. So the team is just as bad in 8 matches AFTER Peseiro.

Lets look at before Peseiro

the 4 matches before he was hired were 3 friendly victories against Trinidad, Japan, and Bolivia, and a friendly draw against Colombia. Before this was the 2019 Copa, where they beat Bolivia, tied Brazil and Peru, and lost to Argentina. Before that Copa friendly victory over the US and a friendly loss against Mexico, friendly draw against Ecuador. Friendly victory over Argentina, and friendly draws against Iran and Japan.

So basically it seems Venezuela was in better form before Peseiro, though that is based on a large amount of friendly matches, although in the 2019 Copa they drew Brazil and Peru.

When Peseiro took over there were absolutely no friendlies, just straight into WC qualifying and Copa where they were absolutely horrible, and after he has left they have continued to be just as horrible.

Dont know what we can conclude about Peseiro from his Venezuela stint.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:51 am Looking at Peseiro's stint as Venezuela coach

During that period his team played in the 2021 Copa America and was engaged in World Cup qualifying for 2022

His record

6 Losses 3 draws 1 win

That is a piss poor record IMO, even considering it is Venezuela. But lets look at Venezuela's fortunes before and after Peseiro.

After Peseiro

Venezuela has LOST 7 and won 1 match. So the team is just as bad in 8 matches AFTER Peseiro.

the 4 matches before he was hired were 3 friendly victories against Trinidad, Japan, and Bolivia, and a friendly draw against Colombia. Before this was the 2019 Copa, where they beat Bolivia, tied Brazil and Peru, and lost to Argentina. Before that Copa friendly victory over the US and a friendly loss against Mexico, friendly draw against Ecuador. Friendly victory over Argentina, and friendly draws against Iran and Japan.

So basically it seems Venezuela was in better form before Peseiro, though that is based on a large amount of friendly matches, although in the 2019 Copa they drew Brazil and Peru.

When Peseiro took over there were absolutely no friendlies, just straight into WC qualifying and Copa where they were absolutely horrible, and after he has left they have continued to be just as horrible.

You try too hard to find evidence on stuff you already believe. All the Stat you listed are irrelevant to how he could perform with SE. The talent is different and Venezuela one of the federations that's poorer than Nigeria. It's okay to say you don't know rather than drawing conclusions from bogus stats.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:51 am Looking at Peseiro's stint as Venezuela coach

His record

6 Losses 3 draws 1 win

After Peseiro

You've got to weigh in talent level bro, regardless of who the manager of Venezuela is, they still rank among the poorest in quality if not the lowest team in the conmebol, I'll rather judge Jose Peseiro on his stint with Porto, Ah Ahly and SP.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:33 am

His record

6 Losses 3 draws 1 win

After Peseiro

You've got to weigh in talent level bro, regardless of who the manager of Venezuela is, they still rank among the poorest in quality if not the lowest team in the conmebol, I'll rather judge Jose Peseiro on his stint with Porto, Ah Ahly and SP.
VE is like a Pastor that prays for God to bless his unemployed congregants with a job but still insist they pay tithe while jobless.. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Make una leave VE small now. All he said is “ Dont know what we can conclude about Peseiro from his Venezuela stint.”
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

From frying pan to fire. USELESS COACH.

His record is horribly poor. NAwa for naija.