Augustine Eguavoen has named Nigeria’s 28-man squad for 2021 AFCON tournament

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Augustine Eguavoen has named Nigeria’s 28-man squad for 2021 AFCON tournament

Post by Purity »

Augustine Eguavoen has named Nigeria’s 28-man squad for 2021 AFCON tournament which kick off in Cameroon next month.

Victor Osimhen is in the squad.

Akpeyi & Ndah who plays in South Africa makes the cut.

Details later.
Last edited by Purity on Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
doctorollie
Egg
Egg
Re: Augustine Eguavoen has named Flag of Nigeria Nigeria’s 28-man squad for 2021 AFCON tournament

Post by doctorollie »

Apparently Ebuehi, Akpoguma, Onuachu, Dressers didn't make it!

Not happy that Ebuehi didn't make it!
Purity wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:35 pm Augustine Eguavoen has named Nigeria’s 28-man squad for 2021 AFCON tournament which kick off in Cameroon next month.

Details later.
doctorollie
Egg
Egg
Re: Augustine Eguavoen has named Flag of Nigeria Nigeria’s 28-man squad for 2021 AFCON tournament

Post by doctorollie »

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2021/12/ ... a-onuachu/

Owngoal lists 27! I hope Ebuehi makes it!

I would have dropped Ighalo for Dressers,
Ndah for Akpoguma and John Noble for Adeleye!
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Augustine Eguavoen has named Nigeria’s 28-man squad for 2021 AFCON tournament

Post by Purity »

Augustine Eguavoen will lead Nigeria to the AFCON in Cameroon.
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: Augustine Eguavoen has named Nigeria’s 28-man squad for 2021 AFCON tournament

Post by Synopsis »

What do they have against Ebuehi? He hasn’t had a bad game in green white green.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

So he selects Musa over Kalu and onyekueu Why has Musa not self retiref from the national team? He is harming the team.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i like the list
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Musa and Shehu vindicated :laugh:

Interesting tgat iwobi is listed as a forward Ejuke & Nacho as Mf.

Not fair to Akpoguma &Ebuehi

Olisa Ndah's agent win agent od the yr.
Noble is waste of space, young player would be better.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
fajex
Egg
Egg

Post by fajex »

Synopsis wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:04 pm

Truly, this is fair. Looks a balanced list and we can see a few guys that have been touted for awhile. May not be the time for a wholesale dismantling. Well done Cerezo :clap: :clap:
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

since we dont full story about some players that did not make.

Akpoguma or Ebuehi, you never know whether this are players talking back to the coach. if am the same shoe, also i will ask coach what is my use in the the team if am going to seat on the bench when NIgeria team or defence is calamity at moment.
doctorollie wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:42 pm Apparently Ebuehi, Akpoguma, Onuachu, Dressers didn't make it!

Purity wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:35 pm Augustine Eguavoen has named Nigeria’s 28-man squad for 2021 AFCON tournament which kick off in Cameroon next month.

Details later.
thanks
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Different coach same madness. Too many goalkeepers, too many defenders, too many forwards but very few central midfielders. Who swear for us?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

I would have preferred Dessers in the squad. Nevertheless, the list seems fair and balanced. An objective wouldn't take issue with the list for the most part
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

highbury wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:43 pm I would have preferred Dessers in the squad. Nevertheless, the list seems fair and balanced. An objective person wouldn't take issue with the list for the most part
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Why drop Akpoguma who has been part of the squad and bring in a newcomer in Ndah?
This is why people complain about local coaches!
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Very nativist list. Ndah over Akpoguma ?
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:08 pm So he selects Musa over Kalu and onyekueu Why has Musa not self retiref from the national team? He is harming the team.
...what difference does i make? Focus on the 1st eleven or 15 players who will actually.
It's not like Musa will start. He can only come in when we are cruising and needing to rest players, or come in when the whole team is stinking like we saw during qualification matches.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

lol
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:04 pm Very nativist list. Ndah over Akpoguma ?
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

When asked why Rohr should be sacked
Many people said it was a scandal that the clueless coach brought Ighalo from retirement, Spent and quota system Ahmed Musa, unproductive and quota system Shehu and finally the Useless.Miloses Simon.

Newcastle linked with same Ighalo

The new coach has Ighalo, Musa, Shehu and Moses in the final 28
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold
George Bush
Egg
Egg

Post by George Bush »

AS THE SUPREME LEADER OF THIS FORUM, I WISH ALL UNA MERRY CHRISTMAS. EGUAVOEN DEY MY HOUSE DEY CHOP GOAT AND WE GO RE-DO THAT 28 MAN LIST!!! NEED MORE MIDFIELDERS!!!
Oti sheleh!!!
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

delisyomie don wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:36 pm since we know dont full story about some players that did not make.

Akpoguma or Ebuehi, you never know whether this are players talking back to the coach. if am the same shoe, also i will ask coach what is my use in the the team if am going to seat on the bench when NIgeria team or defence is calamity at moment.
doctorollie wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:42 pm Apparently Ebuehi, Akpoguma, Onuachu, Dressers didn't make it!

Details later.
thanks
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

These would have been my changes:

Shehu for Ebuehi
Musa for Ejaria (the squad could do with another AM)
Ndah for Akpoguma
Ighalo for Dessers
Noble for Adebayo Adeleke

If allowed, I would also have invited 31 players and included Bassey, Dele-Bashiru, and Yusuf and dropped 3 before the AFCON.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

delisyomie don wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:31 pm
delisyomie don wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:36 pm since we know dont full story about some players that did not make.

Details later.
Predictable list, plus/minus a couple of names. Let the back sit coaching start in earnest. Ohenhen, starting 11? Betting on likely first to put Kelechi Nwakali in starting 11( VE, Ayo ( where is he)). Most importantly go SE and to you my
brothers and sisters please stay safe, merry Xmas and the best of the holidays.
I have good feelings about the SE in this tournament. Maybe a little pre-tourney turmoil may just be a good thing.