Akpoguma is now the new front to push an agenda

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Akpoguma is now the new front to push an agenda

Post by Enugu II »

waka-man wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:51 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:57 pm
Eaglezbeak wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:40 pm
Eaglezbeak wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:03 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:51 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:06 pm For crying out loud, there is no agenda.

You think we should all not bat an eyelid when a guy playing in the Bundesliga is dropped for a South African based defender who was a key part of a 4-0 drubbing by a poor form Mexico who struggled against concacaf minnows and lost to a US B team.

Then we have this "he didn't impress" nonsense.

When was he played in his right position ?

Why have the myriad of other players WHO ALSO DIDNT IMPRESS not been dropped ?

Abeg stop this "we get agenda" nonsense.

I called out Rohr for all his rubbish, and I will do the exact same for Eguavoen or whatever Portugese coach replaces him.

No mind them joor. The worst form of corruption us looking the other way. While corruption is being committed.

These, crooks and liars know that what happened to Akpoguma and Ebuehi would never happen in any serious country. France would not cut a Bundesliga defender for an unproven defender in Lithuania league. Southgate would never cut a West Ham starter for a Korean team defender on the eve of the Euros. Even South Africa wouldn't do what Nigeria just did.
Nigeria is not serious and will pay for these pathetic decisions if continues to happen.If Shehu and Musa keep appearing there’s not much that has changed.
In my view, there isd ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG in rem,oving Akpoguma and others from the list. The new manager has a right to select the players that he wants to select. He should not be bound by a squad selected by Gernot Rohr. Afterall, he Eguavoen will be responsible for the success or failure at AFCON. Her is accountable and he better have his own team. I see absolutely norhing wrong and what he did is exactly what any responsible manager should do.
That’s such a poor poor argument for a fans’ forum.
Of course he has “the right”.
But as fans, are we happy with how he has exercised that right?

Your argument hides behind a truism; so out with it: do you personally agree with the exclusion or not? It’s not about what the manager has a right to do, it’s about, as fans, do we think he’s used that right well.
waka-man,

Well, I do not want to write simply from the perspective of a "fan." This is about reality and someone put in masnagement position to deliver.

If you are going into game will you simply just take the men that your predecessor selected? or would you prefer to make your own selection? That is actually the question here.

TBH, I believe he only made these few chanbges because of how close the tournament is. If he had more time, he really should have justifiably removed additional players from Rohr's list and added his own picks.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:06 pm For crying out loud, there is no agenda.

You think we should all not bat an eyelid when a guy playing in the Bundesliga is dropped for a South African based defender who was a key part of a 4-0 drubbing by a poor form Mexico who struggled against concacaf minnows and lost to a US B team.

I called out Rohr for all his rubbish, and I will do the exact same for Eguavoen or whatever Portugese coach replaces him.

No mind them joor. The worst form of corruption us looking the other way. While corruption is being committed.

These, crooks and liars know that what happened to Akpoguma and Ebuehi would never happen in any serious country. France would not cut a Bundesliga defender for an unproven defender in Lithuania league. Southgate would never cut a West Ham starter for a Korean team defender on the eve of the Euros. Even South Africa wouldn't do what Nigeria just did.
Cough cough Cantona
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

bamenda boy wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:47 am

Cough cough Cantona
Leave them. They are in their alternate universe.