Akpoguma is now the new front to push an agenda

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Akpoguma is now the new front to push an agenda

Post by vancity eagle »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:26 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:06 pm For crying out loud, there is no agenda.

You think we should all not bat an eyelid when a guy playing in the Bundesliga is dropped for a South African based defender who was a key part of a 4-0 drubbing by a poor form Mexico who struggled against concacaf minnows and lost to a US B team.

Then we have this "he didn't impress" nonsense.

When was he played in his right position ?

Why have the myriad of other players WHO ALSO DIDNT IMPRESS not been dropped ?

Abeg stop this "we get agenda" nonsense.

I called out Rohr for all his rubbish, and I will do the exact same for Eguavoen or whatever Portugese coach replaces him.
So, playing in the the bundesliga is all the credential you need, huh? Nacho plays in the premiership but it hasn’t stopped you from bad-mouthing him every chance you get… and even though you don’t have the benefit of assessing Akpoguma properly due to lack of game time, you automatically conclude he’s better than Ndah simply because Ndah plays in South Africa. If all that does not indicate an agenda then I don’t know what does❗️

Cheers.
Iheanacho has been crap for SE.

He is the reason we started to play like crap. We were doing fine with 433 but when his club form forced Rohr to change formations to accommodate him, Nacho did not return the favor and we kept sinking with that stupid formation where Nacho couldn't control the ball and was running around lazily.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:06 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:20 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:06 pm For crying out loud, there is no agenda.

You think we should all not bat an eyelid when a guy playing in the Bundesliga is dropped for a South African based defender who was a key part of a 4-0 drubbing by a poor form Mexico who struggled against concacaf minnows and lost to a US B team.

I called out Rohr for all his rubbish, and I will do the exact same for Eguavoen or whatever Portugese coach replaces him.
Yes. You have an agenda. Nigeria has regularly picked players from South Africa and Orlando Pirates is one of the best teams in Africa. You did not call out Rohr when he picked Okoye and you are making the same lazy accusations of corruption. When you are asked to prove it you will go and speculate. Why don't you use your real name to publish an article calling Eguavoen corrupt? You hide behind anonymity to cast aspersions on another man's character.
Tell me when Nigeria picks a south African based player over a Bundesliga one. That is not acceptable IMO. No serious country will do such a thing. And you all make these excuses and look the other way.

You guys keep talking about Okoye but forget we had NO CREDIBLE OPTIONS IN TOP LEAGUES.

Do you think we would defend Rohr if he chose a striker or midfielder from the 3rd tier of Germany ?

Goalkeeper is a position we lack and you clowns keep repeating the same nonsense about 3rd tier.
So still nothing to back your smears? I'm waiting. Again, why don't you publish your libellous claim with your real name? Why hide behind the anonymity of CE?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:09 pm

So, playing in the the bundesliga is all the credential you need, huh? Nacho plays in the premiership but it hasn’t stopped you from bad-mouthing him every chance you get… and even though you don’t have the benefit of assessing Akpoguma properly due to lack of game time, you automatically conclude he’s better than Ndah simply because Ndah plays in South Africa. If all that does not indicate an agenda then I don’t know what does❗️

Cheers.

He is the reason we started to play like crap. We were doing fine with 433 but when his club form forced Rohr to change formations to accommodate him, Nacho did not return the favor and we kept sinking with that stupid formation where Nacho couldn't control the ball and was running around lazily.
Lol, he’s the reason because he forced the coach to change formation and play him abi? Lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Tell me when Nigeria picks a south African based player over a Bundesliga one. That is not acceptable IMO. No serious country will do such a thing. And you all make these excuses and look the other way.

You guys keep talking about Okoye but forget we had NO CREDIBLE OPTIONS IN TOP LEAGUES.

Do you think we would defend Rohr if he chose a striker or midfielder from the 3rd tier of Germany ?

Goalkeeper is a position we lack and you clowns keep repeating the same nonsense about 3rd tier.
Which top league was Okoye playing in, when he was fast tracked into the SE?

Rohrbots, created 'goalkeeping crisis phenomenon' in the SE to justify Rohr actions. They are yet to produce any evidence of such goalkeeping crisis.

I will use their template as well. At the moment, we have defending or defensive crisis. Our defence has been shipping in goals left, right and centre. This is the new coach solution to the problem.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Yes. You have an agenda. Nigeria has regularly picked players from South Africa and Orlando Pirates is one of the best teams in Africa. You did not call out Rohr when he picked Okoye and you are making the same lazy accusations of corruption. When you are asked to prove it you will go and speculate. Why don't you use your real name to publish an article calling Eguavoen corrupt? You hide behind anonymity to cast aspersions on another man's character.

Ndukwe Chukwu of Mamelodi Sundowns over Jonathan Akpoborie of Wolfsburg in 2000. It was a foreign coach however so there was clearly no corruption.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:09 pm

Cheers.

Dude, quit the obnoxious ranting against Nacho. It makes you sound really silly. You didn’t address any of the issues I raised. Instead, you launch this mindless attack on Nacho, even though he is our highest active goal-scorer, if you exclude Ighalo, who most of us agree should not be in the mix. You need to take a chill pill❗️

Cheers
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:48 pm

Ndukwe Chukwu of Mamelodi Sundowns over Jonathan Akpoborie of Wolfsburg in 2000. It was a foreign coach however so there was clearly no corruption.
How could it be corruption. No be oyibo do am? How about a semi-amateur goalie for Super Eagles? Na oyibo call up and thus no corruption.

This just child play. Very soon you will read about the Edo-Bini axis under Egu because he is Nigerian.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:30 pm

How could it be corruption. No be oyibo do am? How about a semi-amateur goalie for Super Eagles? Na oyibo call up and thus no corruption.

Assume we were going to the WC and had the same group as we did last time and it starts on Jan 9th.

Would you pick Ndah over Akpoguma ? Abeg....
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:33 pm

Assume we were going to the WC and had the same group as we did last time and it starts on Jan 9th.

Possibly if I am familiar with Ndah. Akpoguma has done nothing to warrant any privileges
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:36 pm

Possibly if I am familiar with Ndah. Akpoguma has done nothing to warrant any privileges
Haba, oga mi. Didn't you just comment about Ndah's superiority to Akpiguma?

Na im be dis naw.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=306742

Did u forget? Wetin happen naw?
I hope Ndah is really for Salah, I mean the forward not the holiday.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:53 pm

Na im be dis naw.

Did u forget? Wetin happen naw?
You expect our deep bench players to go up against Egypts starters? Well I pray that happens because that would mean we are up by so many goals that the coach doesn’t mind experimenting…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:53 pm

Na im be dis naw.

Did u forget? Wetin happen naw? ===
Read carefully. I am unawed by Ndah from what I have seen and had to debate with Sunset. However, I have watched Akpohuma with the Super Eagles and he has been underwhelming. In my view, Rohr simply inserted him in that first game because he was enamored with the fact that Akpoguma was in the Bundesliga without any care on how good the guy was in SE. Those days of club-name dropping should be over. It has to be what YOU AS A PLAYER can do. We saw the results of pushing Akpoguma so quickly to the field and it was greatly disappointing. He was constantly found wanting in the games in which he played. In my view, Ndah cannot be any worse.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

This just child play. Very soon you will read about the Edo-Bini axis under Egu because he is Nigerian.
And Vancity will avoid my response re Chukwu and Akpoborie. And yes, the "Edo-Bini axis" talk is loading
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Lets compare shall we

Kevin Akpoguma A defender o : 2 goals 1 assist in the Bundesliga a top 5 Euro leaugue.

Ahmed Musa SEs captain/Saviour/Roger Milla/ Talisman : 1 goal 2 assists in the shiit Turkish league

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:37 am Lets compare shall we

Kevin Akpoguma A defender o : 2 goals 1 assist in the Bundesliga a top 5 Euro leaugue.

Ahmed Musa SEs captain/Saviour/Roger Milla/ Talisman : 1 goal 2 assists in the shiit Turkish league

Honestly Musa's continous invitation to the NT is nothing short of a travesty, and as much as I appreciate his services to Nigeria, it has to be said that Musa and Ighalo are both very selfish individuals who are benefiting hugely from some political goodwill from top officials they are close to... Because I know deep down, they know they are undeservedly occupying the spots other young, hungry and promising players would have sold a limb to get but just don't get the chance...i wonder how a player like Dessers (who is actually doing the business in a decent league) would feel knowing that he chose Nigeria over Netherlands, burst his #$% to score goals for Feyenoord, only to have his spot in the NT occupied by done-and-dusted players who offer absolutely nothing to the NT anymore
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:55 am

Honestly Musa's continous invitation to the NT is nothing short of a travesty, and as much as I appreciate his services to Nigeria, it has to be said that Musa and Ighalo are both very selfish individuals who are benefiting hugely from some political goodwill from top officials they are close to... Because I know deep down, they know they are undeservedly occupying the spots other young, hungry and promising players would have sold a limb to get but just don't get the chance...i wonder how a player like Dessers (who is actually doing the business in a decent league) would feel knowing that he chose Nigeria over Netherlands, burst his #$% to score goals for Feyenoord, only to have his spot in the NT occupied by done-and-dusted players who offer absolutely nothing to the NT anymore
Bros thats why some of us are disgusted by the team list. A good chunk of these players were selected based on Nigerian politricks. Its was the same during ****'s time and now its still going on. There is no justification for leaving out Akpoguma. He deserves to be on the squad. Same goes for the likes of Bassey, Ebuehi, Dessers etc. Is it too much to ask that a Nigerian player be called up based on merit?

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

bret- hart wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:14 am

Bros thats why some of us are disgusted by the team list. A good chunk of these players were selected based on Nigerian politricks. Its was the same during ****'s time and now its still going on. There is no justification for leaving out Akpoguma. He deserves to be on the squad. Same goes for the likes of Bassey, Ebuehi, Dessers etc. Is it too much to ask that a Nigerian player be called up based on merit?
Akpoguma has made no meaningful contributions to the SuperEagles in the past so, if you would dispense with the rhetoric and the platitudes, would you tell us exactly why you think Akpoguma deserves to be on the squad❓❗️

Cheers.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:33 am

Akpoguma has made no meaningful contributions to the SuperEagles in the past so, if you would dispense with the rhetoric and the platitudes, would you tell us exactly why you think Akpoguma deserves to be on the squad❓❗️

Cheers.
Has he been giving an good run of games to show what he can contribute? No. Has he been giving a chance? no

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

bret- hart wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:36 am

Cheers.
Has he been giving an good run of games to show what he can contribute? No. Has he been giving a chance? no
Bret hart

Egu is not bound to think like Rohr or make decisions like Rohr. He is his own man. If I was in a similar position, I might ditch more players than Egu has ditched and select those that I prefer. It is his preference and he has to live and die based on those preferences as a manager. He should never be married to Rohr's preferences. BTW, I personally would not have selected Akpoguma. I see nothing that he brings to the team after watching a few of his games with the SE. That is my own opinion and as a manager I would act on it. His best bet now is to hope that Egu had him on injury standby. That should be his hope. For me he may not even be on standby.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cheers.
The answers to your questions are irrelevant. Must he be given a run in? Of course not. If you want to quarrel with Rohr for not giving him a chance, be my guest but Eguavoen is entitled to take whoever he feels is appropriate for his team and that doesn’t have to include Akpoguma❗️

Cheers.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:45 am

Cheers.
The answers to your questions are irrelevant. Must he be given a run in? Of course not. If you want to quarrel with Rohr for not giving him a chance, be my guest but Eguavoen is entitled to take whoever he feels is appropriate for his team and that doesn’t have to include Akpoguma❗️

Cheers.
Typical rubbish response. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:45 am

Cheers.
Bret hart

Egu is not bound to think like Rohr or make decisions like Rohr. He is his own man. If I was in a similar position, I might ditch more players than Egu has ditched and select those that I prefer. It is his preference and he has to live and die based on those preferences as a manager. He should never be married to Rohr's preferences. BTW, I personally would not have selected Akpoguma. I see nothing that he brings to the team after watching a few of his games with the SE. That is my own opinion and as a manager I would act on it. His best bet now is to hope that Egu had him on injury standby. That should be his hope. For me he may not even be on standby.
So if Egu fills the team with NPFL players we are not allowed to question him? Is that what you are implying? You watched him and you feel he does not offer anything well that is your own opinion. I otoh look at the whole picture. This guy has better stats than some of the useless players that Egu has invited. He has not been given a proper run of games to assess. **** never gave him the opportunity too so now you drop him for a guy that plays in South Africa who was never even part of the quaifying games to begin with. Man you guys are funny. No logic whatsoever.

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Tbh I'm not so mad about Akpoguma's exclusion from the final list, he's a decent player no doubt but he just strikes me as one of those players that's so uncharismatic that you won't really miss him, I doubt he even bonded that well with his team mates in camp (Victor Moses was another player like that but he had the skill and winning mentality to redeem him). The player I'm angry wasn't selected is Bassey, I believe that lad is arguably the most interesting/talented player we have, I've watched him closely in almost all his games at Rangers and he has always earned high plaudits for his outstanding performances.

But at the end, the circumstances behind the exclusion of these players will never be known, the unexpected firing of Rohr just when he had already submitted his final list and was expected to lead the team after all the brouhaha with the NFF must have significantly unsettled whatever plans Eguavoen had in mind, who knows? maybe Akpoguma, Bassey etc excused themselves from the tournament after pressures from their clubs or for other personal reasons we might not know. For all its worth, Eguavoen knows what the deal is and he will live and die by his decisions when the tournament starts... I'm more interested in what tactics, system and style of football we will see under him than which player or not made the team... at the end its the managers TACTICS on the field of play that will decide how far we go in the tourney, and not Akpoguma, Bassey, Ebuehi or whoever.