If you are confident about the squad…better read this!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: If you are confident about the squad…better read this!!!

Post by waka-man »

aruako1 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:45 am
waka-man wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:55 pm
aruako1 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:53 pm
waka-man wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:16 pm
highbury wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:42 am Why not just support Eguavoen? Abeg, Nigeria has too many issues.. Eguavoen is not one of them. We got Afcon in days
Is our definition of support not to have criticism at all?
Criticism is fine. You have been critical of the team as I have. But smearing the names of coaches because they are black Nigerians will no longer go unchallenged.
Where did smearing come into it in either Highbury or my post?
Some of you have fights you want to fight and you bring it into any debate you see:
Highbury: Support Eguavon
Me: Does that mean we can’t criticise?
You: Smearing the name of black coaches will not go unchallenged

Do you see the logic leap?
Maybe you should read again. I was supporting Enyi's (and your) right to criticise. I share many of both your concerns.

I was referring to those (not you and Enyi) making baseless corruption allegations. Hopefully it is clear now.
Super clear. Sorry if I misread. Didn’t know or see where the smear accusation came from. Thanks for explaining.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

waka-man wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:58 am
aruako1 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:45 am
waka-man wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:55 pm
aruako1 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:53 pm
waka-man wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:16 pm
highbury wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:42 am Why not just support Eguavoen? Abeg, Nigeria has too many issues.. Eguavoen is not one of them. We got Afcon in days
Is our definition of support not to have criticism at all?
Criticism is fine. You have been critical of the team as I have. But smearing the names of coaches because they are black Nigerians will no longer go unchallenged.
Where did smearing come into it in either Highbury or my post?
Some of you have fights you want to fight and you bring it into any debate you see:
Highbury: Support Eguavon
Me: Does that mean we can’t criticise?
You: Smearing the name of black coaches will not go unchallenged

Do you see the logic leap?
Maybe you should read again. I was supporting Enyi's (and your) right to criticise. I share many of both your concerns.

I was referring to those (not you and Enyi) making baseless corruption allegations. Hopefully it is clear now.
Super clear. Sorry if I misread. Didn’t know or see where the smear accusation came from. Thanks for explaining.
No worries Bro. I share your concerns and I have no expectations for this AFCON
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enyi wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:29 am
maceo4 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:56 am
Enyi wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:57 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:37 pm
Enyi wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:13 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:31 am
Enyi wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:32 pm I criticised Rohr and called for his head and although I wish Egu the best but this is not a good start.

If you ask ANYONE SE’s weakest link…they will say defence….it will then make sense that you will try and fortify it with choices….

Ndah (fitness/injury) is not a choice, Shehu(not good enough) is not a choice, Omeruo is not a choice really, Balogun(fitness/injury) is not a choice..Ekong is a disaster…..

So our defence is Awaziem and his shadow really….

Midfield is short but ok…

The forward line…Musa, Ighalo…are pure space wasters….

Nwakali baffles me…. Listen, I recommended him and Samu to Arsenal so I saw talent just like I fell in love with Nigerian football with the likes of Aneke and Iwobi….

But Nwakali HAS NOT JUSTIFIED THAT SPACE HE OCCUPIES…

No need coming out to criticise Egu when he fails….if u see a wrong say it now or forever hold your peace.
Our defense is just Awaziem, I mean really? Stop being so dramatic…wait and see how we line up how we play TEAM defense, it’s not just about individuals.
Maceo4……please name your staring CB that you will hang ur hat on….. that will be match fit and ready in the day PLEEASEE
I’m not the coach, but Awaziem is fit, Omeruo is fit, Troost might have Covid scare but will be fit, Balogun is back fit, so what’s with the fear mongering? If some of those players somehow can’t go we can bring in Akpoguma, Ajayi, or Bassey, so calmate…
sorry bro but you cannot replace anyone because of injury or COVID.

BTW....Balogun is not match fit....anyways, I will pull up this after the second round.... (hope i dont)
What do you mean by you can’t replace anyone? Where are you getting this from?
The whole point of calling up 28 instead of 23/25 is to cover for Covid…..

In the history of football, you cannot call up and injured player and change him….you can change a player that gets injured after he is called up.

I am tired of teaching you the laws of the game bro
What are you talking about? Where did you read that a player cannot be replaced before the tournament kicks off for reasons of injury? That’s all I’m asking. Because in every prior tournament we’ve been able to and in some cases have done that, if that has suddenly changed in this tourney and you have some awareness of this then please share with the rest of us. Else what you are saying makes no sense and you are just being overly dramatic. The 28 players are to give Covid cover AFTER the tournament has kicked off and you cannot make anymore changes.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!