Nacho, Ndidi 1 vs 0 Liverpool…

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nacho, Ndidi 1 vs 0 Liverpool…

Post by Damunk »

Can't believe Lookman has now become flavour of the minute.
Wow. Fans sha...
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Nacho, Ndidi 0 vs 0 Liverpool…

Post by Tobi17 »

Lager-back wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:44 pm Salah will smoke us in Cameroon when we meet Egypt in the final. kai
And Osimhen will drink them like garri when we meet them as well, goes both ways.
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

good block with Ndidi
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:45 pm
waka-man wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:34 pm Super goal from Lookman.

If he’s eligible for Naija, is ok for me to complain he’s not in our 28? Or does that mean I’m “not supporting SE” or “not giving Eguavon a chance”?

We could certainly use that control, pace and composure in the box.
This AFCON squad wasn't Eguavoen's list, always remember that. We will get to see the real list of Eguavoen or whoever will be coach by March when the world cup playoffs start.

Tobi you need to stop this defending of Eguavoen.

Rohr drew up the 40

Eguavoen called up the 28 and even inserted Nwakali and Ndah who were both not in the 40.

If the entire process from the beginning of the 40 was in Egu's hands, dare I say the final 28 might even have been worse. I can gaurantee you would be seeing more Ndah's.

Foreign coach cannot come soon enough. If Egu can prove me wrong that this is not his/NFF agenda, then I will apologise, but I've seen this story before.
Last edited by vancity eagle on Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

If he’s eligible for Naija, is ok for me to complain he’s not in our 28? Or does that mean I’m “not supporting SE” or “not giving Eguavon a chance”?

This AFCON squad wasn't Eguavoen's list, always remember that. We will get to see the real list of Eguavoen or whoever will be coach by March when the world cup playoffs start.
How come you make that statement with so much confidence? Are you not spinning this just a bit. I thought 40 man list was Rohr and 28 man Egu. If so actually incorrect and means Afcon list was Egu. From what we heard, Lookman was in Rohr’s list.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

the commentators say Ndidi is struggling/injured.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Can't believe Lookman has now become flavour of the minute.
Wow. Fans sha...
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Massive win.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Lager-back wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:44 pm Salah will smoke us in Cameroon when we meet Egypt in the final. kai
He didn’t perform well in the last one in his own country, let’s hope for more of that…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ndidi is a beast. One of the disruptive players in football. Gotta have him on the pitch no matter where.
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I gotta say, great resilience and defending by Leicester. Great game❗️

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:46 pm Can't believe Lookman has now become flavour of the minute.
Wow. Fans sha...
Select few of us were calling for him last season as well, he’s a good player…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Who said it was Egu’s list. I’m curious at your response to any critics of the list.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:46 pm Can't believe Lookman has now become flavour of the minute.
Wow. Fans sha...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: We no go sleep oooo! We no go sleep! All we want na Lookman for AFCON!!

Abi, now naaa VE v Emir
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

This thread is funny sha ..lookman that people had cursed out on other threads :0 :)
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:57 pm
Wow. Fans sha...
Select few of us were calling for him last season as well, he’s a good player…
Last season I stated that he is better than ALL of our wingers. If he regains that form I have no doubt about that.

in 2022 we are still fielding Ahmed Musa instead. Thunder fire all these CROOKS in the NFF.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:03 pm
Wow. Fans sha...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: We no go sleep oooo! We no go sleep! All we want na Lookman for AFCON!!

Abi, now naaa VE v Emir
Good for lookman that Nigeria hasn't called him yet, he can continue his England career where he left off. Thanks but no Thanks. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I was strictly watching the Nigeriansd on display today and I am happy that they each did reasonably well. Ndidi, although he gabe uip the pk, he seems to be slowly but surely regaining the szenith of his ability. If you note for club and country he had been a bit off for a while but today there was a ghlimmer of hope that he can be at the very top again. As for Kele, you did notice his fight which is usually there when he suits up for Lericester. He really has to up his game in the green and white and show similar grit and determination. As for Lookman, he did quite well but the reality is that he had acres of space to run onto as his team basically defended most of the second half.

Addendum: This game did help to put FIFA/IFAB and authorities on notice about this limit on substitutions. Ity is increasinhgly questionable not just because of covid but what sense does it really make, I ask? You have injured players and they cannot be replaced because of an archaic rule.
Last edited by Enugu II on Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:15 pm I was strictly watching the Nigeriansd on display today and I am happy that they each did reasonably well. Ndidi, although he gabe uip the pk, he seems to be slowly but surely regaining the szenith of his ability. If you note for club and country he had been a bit off for a while but today there was a ghlimmer of hope that he can be at the very top again. As for Kele, you did notice his fight which is usually there when he suits up for Lericester. He really has to up his game in the green and white and show similar grit and determination. As for Lookman, he did quite well but the reality is that he had acres of space to run onto as his team basically defended most of the second half.
LOL. There's something off about this analysis....I'm not sure what it is yet.

Is Lookman a wide midfielder or a wide forward? :roll:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ugbowo wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:18 pm
Enugu II wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:15 pm I was strictly watching the Nigeriansd on display today and I am happy that they each did reasonably well. Ndidi, although he gabe uip the pk, he seems to be slowly but surely regaining the szenith of his ability. If you note for club and country he had been a bit off for a while but today there was a ghlimmer of hope that he can be at the very top again. As for Kele, you did notice his fight which is usually there when he suits up for Lericester. He really has to up his game in the green and white and show similar grit and determination. As for Lookman, he did quite well but the reality is that he had acres of space to run onto as his team basically defended most of the second half.

I do not know what he is nor do I care. What I put up there is where he presented himself today down the left when he came in. I hope you watched the actual game. In essence, what his heatmap will demonstrate.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:19 pm

I do not know what he is nor do I care. What I put up there is where he presented himself today down the left when he came in. I hope you watched the actual game. In essence, what his heatmap will demonstrate.
This is reference to your quote in another thread saying the SE AFCON list is littered with midfielders and we have no issues there. You then proceeded to name Samu, Ejuke, Musa, etc as wide midfielders! So in the same vein I am asking you about Lookman who you seem to have a very lukewarm attitude to. Seeing that he plays in somewhat similar roles to Ejuke, Musa and Samu, is he a wide midfielder or a wide forward??
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ugbowo wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:24 pm

This is reference to your quote in another thread saying the SE AFCON list is littered with midfielders and we have no issues there. You then proceeded to name Samu, Ejuke, Musa, etc as wide midfielders! So in the same vein I am asking you about Lookman who you seem to have a very lukewarm attitude to. Seeing that he plays in somewhat similar roles to Ejuke, Musa and Samu, is he a wide midfielder or a wide forward??
In my view, he played well today as a wide midfielder on the left but TBH it is difficult for me to say he is such a good player given the fact that he presented mostly (aside from the goal) when Liverpool left acres of space as they pushed forward to tie the game. Generally (Beyond this game), i am not one to tag a player with one position. I abhor that and believe it to be ridiculous. I believe that most players can/should play in multiple positions and that is actually a necessity given the evolution of the game. Thus, while I may discuss positions, deep inside I believe they matyer little as per tagging a player with a precise position as something inherent and immutable.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:29 pm
Ugbowo wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:24 pm

In my view, he played well today as a wide midfielder on the left but TBH it is difficult for me to say he is such a good player given the fact that he presented mostly (aside from the goal) when Liverpool left acres of space as they pushed forward to tie the game. Generally (Beyond this game), i am not one to tag a player with one position. I abhor that and believe it to be ridiculous. I believe that most players can/should play in multiple positions and that is actually a necessity given the evolution of the game. Thus, while I may discuss positions, deep inside I believe they matyer little as per tagging a player with a precise position as something inherent and immutable.
I couldn't disagree with you more.

Players need to master a role with the ability to adapt as necessary. But they need to be masters of certain roles. You cant ask a defender to go strike. I mean you can, but what do you get exactly? In my coaching journey, i find it fool hardy asking players to continue to adapt to multiple roles with different tactical instructions. It's an exercise in futility unless u are dealing with a special breed of player. Even then you cant ask them to continuously change.

But my wide midfielder wide forward question was tongue in cheek. Wide midfielders are archaic, its an almost extinct term especially when you view it from the lines of pressing teams adopt. The terms wide and midfield used together can today, be classified as an oxymoron. So when someone is complaining of a lack of depth in the SE midfield and you list wide forwards as wide midfielders to try to make your point, you are not having the same discussion. We don't have proper cover for Ndidi. I know you will say Shehu but he's a hybrid who is not necessarily good at either role. Na manage we go manage am. Aribo always tires out at minute 65/70 and Iwobi is having a dreadful season. Onyeka is a good add as is Nwakali. The team needed at least 1 more. A like for like replacement for Ndidi.

So please dont list Musa, Ejuke, Simon, Samu as wide midfielders when discussing the SE depth issue. They are wide forwards in today's game.