SE Camp updates

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE Camp updates

Post by fabio »

Lolly wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:35 pm Lest we forget (I know you are mostly guilty of it), the former coach used the same Simon to defeat Cameroon 4-0 and Algeria 3-1.
Baba Lolly, I only reported what Simon said.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

wanaj0 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:47 pm
Lolly wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:35 pm
fabio wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:29 pm Moses Simon: One of my best games for the past two years.

We change coach and change tactics.

Every coach has his own mentality and tactics. I played based on Rohr instruction.

Eguavoen, gives me the freedom, to bring what I have in my club. It helps me alot and my team mates.

Eguavoen: I have given players freedom to express themselves. Players deserve credit for carrying out instructions.
Lest we forget (I know you are mostly guilty of it), the former coach used the same Simon to defeat Cameroon 4-0 and Algeria 3-1.
And what has happened since then?
Then maybe we should wait a few more years of the new coach and then do a comparison.

When some were saying Simon Moses was going to be a big miss for us in the World Cup, you guys didn't know his value then. Now he plays one game as he used to play before his pre-World Cup injury, and you are using him to yab the coach that consistently played him.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:53 pm
fabio wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:29 pm Moses Simon: One of my best games for the past two years.

Every coach has his own mentality and tactics. I played based on Rohr instruction.

Eguavoen, gives me the freedom, to bring what I have in my club. It helps me alot and my team mates.

Eguavoen: I have given players freedom to express themselves. Players deserve credit for carrying out instructions.
Lest we forget (I know you are mostly guilty of it), the former coach used the same Simon to defeat Cameroon 4-0 and Algeria 3-1.
Then maybe we should wait a few more years of the new coach and then do a comparison.

When some were saying Simon Moses was going to be a big miss for us in the World Cup, you guys didn't know his value then. Now he plays one game as he used to play before his pre-World Cup injury, and you are using him to yab the coach that consistently played him.
Lolly

Read what Simon stated. It is about responsibility and freedom granted by a manager. This by the way is not just Simon but the team. Under Rohr, the focus was mostly on safety first. That was not the case against Egypt. Rohr could possibly argue that if we played against a superior team and played as we did that we would have been blown away. However, he will never argue that his team played as we did against Egypt. There is a difference if you had watched closely.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

So you don't acknowledge that the coach had been playing him in a different position for the 2 years? He didn't just wake up from a slump, like he said he was following the coaches instructions and doing what the coach wanted in a position he's not used to playing and left Spain b/c his club kept playing him there. But with that said, he was obviously doing what the coach wanted correctly else the coach would have benched/removed him in that 2 year stretch...its just annoying that you keep trying to blame players without looking at whether the coaches tactics/formation put them in a position to give their best...even when the player just CLEARLY spelled it out, that he was put in a position to give what he does for his club and that's why he was able to play so well...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

You can check what this coach did in his previous spell. How many wins in 12 matches or so.

Not sure how you turned this to 'yabbing' the coach. The player gave an honest answer to a question. Wait till after the AFCON and you will hear many stories about players having to 'drop' to play under Rohr :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Of course he was a big miss. Who doubted that?
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I'm just glossing over all the reactions after one game.

I'm not the type to make proclamations based on one game. We should take it one game at a time. Too much is being made off Tuesday's performance.

Long long road ahead.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Ugbowo wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:48 pm I'm just glossing over all the reactions after one game.

I'm not the type to make proclamations based on one game. We should take it one game at a time. Too much is being made off Tuesday's performance.

Long long road ahead.
I agree with you. It is only ONE game. Knowing the NFF, they can easily start war in the camp that can lead to a first round exit! That's how easy it is for us to press the self destruct button.

That said, that ONE match shows what SE can become if coaches like Rohr are kept FAR away from the team. Coaches that does not ooze any confidence.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:10 pm

Lolly

Read what Simon stated. It is about responsibility and freedom granted by a manager. This by the way is not just Simon but the team. Under Rohr, the focus was mostly on safety first. That was not the case against Egypt. Rohr could possibly argue that if we played against a superior team and played as we did that we would have been blown away. However, he will never argue that his team played as we did against Egypt. There is a difference if you had watched closely.
Under Rohr, we never played as we did against Egypt? :lol: Bros, you know that’s not true. Why am I the only reminding everybody. We played much better when we beat Cameroon and Algeria in Nigeria. We scored 7 goals against the top rated teams in Africa at the time, playing free-flowing attacking football. I will say Rohr used Victor Moses then, the way Egu used Simon Moses against Egypt.

Let’s not put Rohr down just to praise Egu. Rohr’s teams at the early days played very good football. But unfortunately it went downhill from the WC.
Last edited by Lolly on Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

aruako1 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:29 pm

Of course he was a big miss. Who doubted that?
When I say players can make a big difference to a coach’s ratings, some people will say not so.

Have you asked yourself why Rohr’s teams at the early days of his tenure played good entertaining attacking football and then sadly started playing boring football at the tail end of his tenure? What do you think was the reason?

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Lolly wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:52 pm
When I say players can make a big difference to a coach’s ratings, some people will say not so.

Have you asked yourself why Rohr’s teams at the early days of his tenure played good entertaining attacking football and then sadly started playing boring football at the tail end of his tenure? What do you think was the reason?
Please let's know the reason.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Ugbowo wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:48 pm I'm just glossing over all the reactions after one game.

I'm not the type to make proclamations based on one game. We should take it one game at a time.
Too much is being made off Tuesday's performance.

Long long road ahead.
:clap: :agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Many herein simply go with the flow of current results - overhype a win,
or curse and shower absolute condemnation in a loss. Facts and reality seems
thrown aside always.
Against Egypt we should have won the game handily in the first half, but threw
away several chances. Now, everything was overlooked because we won. I hope
we can objectively analyze our performance in each game, as then will we be
true to our team.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:02 pm

Long long road ahead.
I agree with you. It is only ONE game. Knowing the NFF, they can easily start war in the camp that can lead to a first round exit! That's how easy it is for us to press the self destruct button.

That said, that ONE match shows what SE can become if coaches like Rohr are kept FAR away from the team. Coaches that does not ooze any confidence.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Where do you guys get these dodgy Nollywood scripts from?
"Start a war in the camp"
Like how?
To what end? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:31 pm

Long long road ahead.

Like how?
Because they have been known to do it in the past.

They plan for reaching the finals... seek funds for reaching the finals.

Despite the budget being heavily padded, they will prefer that they don't reach the finals so that they can share money.

There's a history... past behavior is indicative of future behavior when it comes to this NFF leadership.

AFCON 2013
Confederation Cup 2014
World Cup 2014
Even the Olympics that was supposed to be funded by NOC, they found a way to instill themselves into the middle of it.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:40 pm
Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:31 pm

Long long road ahead.

Like how?
Because they have been known to do it in the past.

They plan for reaching the finals... seek funds for reaching the finals.

Despite the budget being heavily padded, they will prefer that they don't reach the finals so that they can share money.

There's a history... past behavior is indicative of future behavior when it comes to this NFF leadership.

AFCON 2013
Confederation Cup 2014
World Cup 2014
Even the Olympics that was supposed to be funded by NOC, they found a way to instill themselves into the middle of it.
So we are talking about NFF misdemeanours before this administration took office.
I see.
'Guilty by inheritance'.
Very interesting. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Super Eagus 4 Life!
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

iworo wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:53 pm
I saw this on YouTube but I had doubts that it was recent.
There are some people posting old videos on YouTube.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:03 pm
Lolly wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:52 pm

Please let's know the reason.
One or two players can be the difference between being a good team and an average team. Just one or two.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

I don dey shake o

Super Eagus 4 Life!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:37 pm I don dey shake o

Every fool is st Afcon with a camera. That player was showed class answering those stupid questions.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

The line- up for today’s game should be out now!!!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:46 am
maceo4 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:37 pm I don dey shake o

Every fool is st Afcon with a camera. That player was showed class answering those stupid questions.
...the player should've given him back a foolish answer, "yes, we are shaking like hell" :lol: :lol: :lol:
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

^^^
This video made me laugh! The fact that Sudanese player was so reluctant to name is club and just said "I play in Hungary" probably means he plays in the lower tier :rotf: :rotf:
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?