SE Camp updates

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE Camp updates

Post by maceo4 »

iworo wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:14 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:46 am
Watching the interview with Okoye, I can categorically tell you that the enforcement/management of COVID protocols by each participating country is going to play a big role in determining the winner of 2022 AFCON. Most of these journalists were not wearing the mask properly or not even wearing at all :scared: :scared:. Too many people that should not have access to the players have access to them right now. Just look at the number of people on that soccer field for Christ sake :woot: :woot:!!
This is very worrying.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

waka-man wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:44 pm
niyi wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:04 pm
waka-man wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:34 am It has no bearing on real game outcomes but I have to say Egu interviews are so much more insightful compared to Rohr’s.

I think FIFA should ban foreign coaches. Everyone in every squad including the back room staff should be from the nation they are representing.
Is the first part of your post related to the second in any way or are these two separate observations lumped together?
The word “lump” is an interesting one. Let me help by being very explicit:

I happy say na Naija man dey coach compared to the oyinbo wey just dey chop our money anihow. E go nice make fifa ban dis nonsense foreign coach nonsense.
Thanks bros but you’re still not answering my question. Maybe I’ll get it if you try to say it in Yoruba.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:25 am
Watching the interview with Okoye, I can categorically tell you that the enforcement/management of COVID protocols by each participating country is going to play a big role in determining the winner of 2022 AFCON. Most of these journalists were not wearing the mask properly or not even wearing at all :scared: :scared:. Too many people that should not have access to the players have access to them right now. Just look at the number of people on that soccer field for Christ sake :woot: :woot:!!
This is very worrying.
It's ridiculous. They shouldn't even be allowed near the training facility. All interviews should be remote. Terrible.
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...I hear you.
But how were they allowed into the practice field?
Were they not being check as in credentials, press pass, covid-19 vax card, etc?
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

mcal wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:31 am
...I hear you.
But how were they allowed into the practice field?
Were they not being check as in credentials, press pass, covid-19 vax card, etc?
Just because you are vaccinated does not mean that it is impossible to catch or even pass along COVID to someone else. Credentials, press pass, covid-19 vax card or not, they have to follow the Covid protection protocols by wearing their masks.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Even if they follow covid protocols for stadium, general naija people no believe say covid dey. Hence, they will still be exposed everywhere else including their allocated Ashies!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

niyi wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:23 am
Dammy wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:35 am The decision to exclude Akpoguma is looking more and more brilliant. Anyway we have Baresi Ndah to shore things up at the back! No worries!
Akpoguma almost never plays as a CB in a 2 man central defence. In fact, he rarely plays as a CB… period even in a 3 atb system.

Egu wanted a center back capable of playing in a 2 man defense and he chose a playerbhe was familiar with. Please respect the coach’s decision
dammy was a coach, he knows better ..leave am abeg :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I agree.

I feel Covid management will play a key role. I dont know why we seem so care free about this. And this is another reason why we cannot have any junks in the squad more than ever, and why we need a balanced squad.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

I suspect the NFF's strategy is to have enough players covid positive just before the Egypt game so they can throw in the towel.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:59 am I suspect the NFF's strategy is to have enough players covid positive just before the Egypt game so they can throw in the towel.
Wonderful. I see nobody is blaming Eguavoen. He is the head coach and should lay down the rules. But alas, this is how Nigerians work. Give access to your guys, so they can get good interviews for their blogs. Madness.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Where is Kelechi and Ndidi? Their team didn't even have a game at the weekend. These guys again!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:41 am
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:13 am Oh Lord... Call we call up Bassey?
Bassey is not ready according to dunces like Kongi, 1naija and Lollipops. Leave am
I have not commented on Calvin Bassey’s invitation or non invitation, so what is my name doing here? Shows who is the dunce.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:14 am
Bassey is not ready according to dunces like Kongi, 1naija and Lollipops. Leave am
I have not commented on Calvin Bassey’s invitation or non invitation, so what is my name doing here? Shows who is the dunce.
The boy is an ignorant juvenile who thinks being a nuisance is his ticket to recognition. Just ignore him and he'll fade away like the nothing he's made of.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

niyi wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:23 am
Dammy wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:35 am The decision to exclude Akpoguma is looking more and more brilliant. Anyway we have Baresi Ndah to shore things up at the back! No worries!
Akpoguma almost never plays as a CB in a 2 man central defence. In fact, he rarely plays as a CB… period even in a 3 atb system.

Egu wanted a center back capable of playing in a 2 man defense and he chose a playerbhe was familiar with. Please respect the coach’s decision
Bro, where did I criticise the coach? I said the decision was brilliant!
On another note, Akpoguma made his name primarily as a centre-back, so I don't know where you got your information that he cannot play in a 2 man central defence. He's a player that I have watched play in 2 man central defence in the champions league for Hoffenheim and the German U20 and U21 teams.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Cmoke wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:42 am How soon we forget that the last time we won the ANC, our local coach used young boy Omeruo (who benched Yobo) and a local boy whose name you cant even remember today as our Center backs, even against Drogba!

So no shaking!'

Cmoke
How can we forget that Omeruo and Oboabona played in the AFCON qualifiers and proved their mettle, and not thrown in at the deep end with no experience.
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:43 am
Cmoke wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:42 am How soon we forget that the last time we won the ANC, our local coach used young boy Omeruo (who benched Yobo) and a local boy whose name you cant even remember today as our Center backs, even against Drogba!

So no shaking!'

Cmoke
How can we forget that Omeruo and Oboabona played in the AFCON qualifiers and proved their mettle, and not thrown in at the deep end with no experience.
Your hero Rohr was in charge for 5 years, yet he couldn't give other defenders a chance in friendly matches or dead rubber matches.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:49 am

So no shaking!'

Cmoke
Your hero Rohr was in charge for 5 years, yet he couldn't give other defenders a chance in friendly matches or dead rubber matches.
How can we forget that Ajayi, Akpoguma, Ozornwafor have played in friendlies or qualifiers. And others like Adeleke Adekunle and Izuchukwu Anthony have been called up and looked at.

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So you are lollipops?

Bret Fart, how body?
Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:14 am
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:00 pm

So no shaking!'

Cmoke
How can we forget that Ajayi, Akpoguma, Ozornwafor have played in friendlies or qualifiers. And others like Adeleke Adekunle and Izuchukwu Anthony have been called up and looked at.
Played as in last 15 minutes of match, or they played as CD in those matches.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

So no shaking!'

Cmoke
Don't waste your time bro, not every comment is worth a response. The debate over the selection is over, it's now time to get behind the team.
I am happy
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Well, looks like a lot of the guys knocking on the door will get their chance this AFCON. Let's see if they can make it count.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

highbury wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:07 am Where is Kelechi and Ndidi? Their team didn't even have a game at the weekend. These guys again!
They are in camp https://www.instagram.com/p/CYTR-suLTsC ... =copy_link

Yet to arrive are Collins, Aribo, Ighalo, Samu, and Picnic had stated Ebuehi would meet the team in Cameroon.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:31 pm

So no shaking!'

Cmoke
Played as in last 15 minutes of match, or they played as CD in those matches.
Google is your friend.

Ajayi has played CD both in friendlies and qualifiers
Akpoguma has played RB and CD in friendlies and I believe one qualifier
Ozornwafor paired Awaziem in defence in the 0-0 draw with Cameroon in June 2021

Do you still need more reminders?