BREAKING: Victor Osimhen Pulls out of AFCON...(Onyekuru IN)...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BREAKING: Victor Osimhan Pulls out of AFCON...(Onyekuru IN)...

Post by Enugu II »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:28 pm I'm looking at the bigger picture here, Osimhen has a big heart and you can definitely tell the kid always wears it like a badge of honor when he represents the GWG, we will never know whether Napoli are been truant with the true nature of his covid status, but in any case Osimhen definitely needs the rest. We will need him in the world cup playoffs which is more important.

The blessing in disguise from this situation is that based on the strikers going to the AFCON, we will now know which striker is ready to step as the bona-fide #1 in the absence of Osimhen and of course #2 in his presence... I will stake my bet on Sadiq Umar but Awoniyi and Dennis will have something to prove as well.
Tobi,

Agreed that the kid has a big heart and no one should ever question his love for his country. However, he really needs some wise counsel. Football career is an exceedingly bief one. It is HAIL VICTOR TODAY. In just 5-6 years time these same supporters (Myself included) may well be cursing him out. He must really focus also on his career and his health. That is the bottomline.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I would have invited an AM to replace Osimhen since we are light in that position. We have 4CFs in the squad already. In addition, Dennis can also play as a CF
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Erhmnn, dosen't this apply to the other 22 players that have not pulled out of the tournament also? I personally don't think he should have been invited in the first place giving the severity of the facial injury he suffered. But since he accepted the invitation and supposedly declared himself fit for the tournament, he should not be allowed to pull out with this Covid excuse crap. I am with Ohenhen on this. The NFF are opening themselves up for future last minute pull out with covid excuse.

Enugu II wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:36 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:28 pm I'm looking at the bigger picture here, Osimhen has a big heart and you can definitely tell the kid always wears it like a badge of honor when he represents the GWG, we will never know whether Napoli are been truant with the true nature of his covid status, but in any case Osimhen definitely needs the rest. We will need him in the world cup playoffs which is more important.

The blessing in disguise from this situation is that based on the strikers going to the AFCON, we will now know which striker is ready to step as the bona-fide #1 in the absence of Osimhen and of course #2 in his presence... I will stake my bet on Sadiq Umar but Awoniyi and Dennis will have something to prove as well.
Tobi,

Agreed that the kid has a big heart and no one should ever question his love for his country. However, he really needs some wise counsel. Football career is an exceedingly bief one. It is HAIL VICTOR TODAY. In just 5-6 years time these same supporters (Myself included) may well be cursing him out. He must really focus also on his career and his health. That is the bottomline.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
BigMuze
Egg
Egg
Re: BREAKING: Victor Osimhan Pulls out of AFCON......

Post by BigMuze »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:33 pm sucks about Osimehn, but in the long run we will be better off, we truly need to find out who is his #1 backup. We rely too much on him without any plan B. No more of this "Air Onuachu" nonsense.
100% we need a suitable backup. Unfortunately for Onuachu he has missed his chance. More politely put, Onuachu's may be fortunate for us finding another striker better suited to our playing style.
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Ok you guys keep saying invite a midfielder an AM yada yada who be that AM or midfielder that should have been called ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Thought Desser should have been called to take his place .
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:16 pm Ok you guys keep saying invite a midfielder an AM yada yada who be that AM or midfielder that should have been called ?
That na de real question.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
BigMuze
Egg
Egg

Post by BigMuze »

I guess worst case scenario is we will see either Shehu or Awaziem as DM if things go south with Ndidi and Onyeka
"Everyone, and particularly every true beliver, should decide which is more important to them. But as for me, I choose eternity over lifetime".
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Cito wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:31 pm
Siddonlook11 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:16 pm Ok you guys keep saying invite a midfielder an AM yada yada who be that AM or midfielder that should have been called ?
Ovie Ejaria, Alhassan Yusuf, Obinna Nwobodo, Onyedika, Tom Dele Bashiru

the people running our team lack vision. They think they are playing playstation and can just play a bunch of strikers.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:39 pm

the people running our team lack vision. They think they are playing playstation and can just play a bunch of strikers.
:rotf: :rotf: play station .

Anyhow I hear Ejaria is in the same boat as Lookman.. Onyedika / Obinna I think have been tested and Rohr found them wanting. Cant speak for Alhassan I only remember him from u17 , tom dele as well cant speak for.

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

imehjunior wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:30 pm Thought Desser should have been called to take his place .
Ahh another striker ke ?
Winger or Midfielders o not another striker abeg.

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Vancity seems to have a good list sha..at least 2 there could have been looked at. 2 have been tested in the past .

...Socrates
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:03 am
vancity eagle wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:39 pm

:rotf: :rotf: play station .

Anyhow I hear Ejaria is in the same boat as Lookman.. Onyedika / Obinna I think have been tested and Rohr found them wanting. Cant speak for Alhassan I only remember him from u17 , tom dele as well cant speak for.
Una sabi lie. Onyedika has never been called up same for Nwobodo and Tom Dele. You guys on CE are just as clueless as the morons that sadly handle the SEs. :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
donadoni
Egg
Egg
Re: BREAKING: Victor Osimhen Pulls out of AFCON...(Onyekuru IN)...

Post by donadoni »

It would have been great to have him at afcon but a combination of his facial injury and COVID means he should probably rest and recover. It may end up being a blessing in disguise as some other striker will have to step up and then we have more proven options for WC
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

donadoni wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:40 am It would have been great to have him at afcon but a combination of his facial injury and COVID means he should probably rest and recover. It may end up being a blessing in disguise as some other striker will have to step up and then we have more proven options for WC
Kpom. As much as we all love Osimhen, the reality is he will not be firing on all cylinders in every single game and as long as we have strong and competing options on the bench, we are good.
This is the time to find out.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:47 pm Erhmnn, dosen't this apply to the other 22 players that have not pulled out of the tournament also? I personally don't think he should have been invited in the first place giving the severity of the facial injury he suffered. But since he accepted the invitation and supposedly declared himself fit for the tournament, he should not be allowed to pull out with this Covid excuse crap. I am with Ohenhen on this. The NFF are opening themselves up for future last minute pull out with covid excuse.

Enugu II wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:36 pm

Tobi,

1naija

It is not just about covid. In fact with covid issue he still could be in the squad. Covid quarantine is only 5 days. The issue is he has not received medical clearance for contact play. That is the issue.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:07 pm
Ugbowo wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:05 pm Let's wait for official confirmation.
Henry Onyekuru slated to replace Osimhen
Yeaaaah, get Onyekuru. The few times I saw him play, I liked him because of his hustling
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I am not happy. But if he is injured, he is injured. That means he shouldn't be playing for Napoli while the tournament is going on. He should rest and play his next game after the tournament. If Napoli is pulling a double cross. NFF musr report them to FIFA.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

We'd rather strikers that score.
Odas wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:22 pm
Yeaaaah, get Onyekuru. The few times I saw him play, I liked him because of his hustling
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:57 pm We'd rather strikers that score.
Odas wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:22 pm
1Naija

... and in the games I saw him play, he scored also. So there is a combination of goal-scoring and hustling in him, a good thing, I believe.

Anyway, let's wait and see how it all goes. Personally, I think we will do better than any of us think of our team (the Super-eagles).
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.