ADEMOLA LOOKMAN??: NFF Responds.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ADEMOLA LOOKMAN??: NFF Responds.......

Post by txj »

Nobody is entitled to be in the team. Its all about performance. CURRENT performance.

Flex Swift wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:39 pm
fabio wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:40 am
Enugu II wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:21 am I don't even understand why it is an issue. Is the expectation that they should be regularly 'capped' simply because they decide to play for Nigeria?
Flex Swift, post reads like an entitlement. I guess, it all boils down to what promises / assurances (guaranteed starting XI or tournament team) were made to the players when asked to switch.
Personally I find it disgusting dropping players that contributed to the team’s qualification for a tournament in favour of players that didn’t play a single game and haven’t played for the national team. So nobody including the coach knows how good they really are.

Further more Obasi stated in an interview that he was asked to pay a bribe to be selected for Keshi’s World Cup squad and his refusal led to his omission.

Again Nigeria dropped from its World Cup squad the top scorer in the qualifying campaign. Who does that?

As a player with duel nationality do they really want to be involved in such a messy football environment where the best are not necessarily selected????
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

txj wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:41 pm Nobody is entitled to be in the team. Its all about performance. CURRENT performance.

If Nigeria doesn’t want the dual citizen player in the team they shouldn’t chase them to make the switch. Continue with your second division players and be content.

Flex Swift wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:39 pm
fabio wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:40 am
Enugu II wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:21 am I don't even understand why it is an issue. Is the expectation that they should be regularly 'capped' simply because they decide to play for Nigeria?
Flex Swift, post reads like an entitlement. I guess, it all boils down to what promises / assurances (guaranteed starting XI or tournament team) were made to the players when asked to switch.
Personally I find it disgusting dropping players that contributed to the team’s qualification for a tournament in favour of players that didn’t play a single game and haven’t played for the national team. So nobody including the coach knows how good they really are.

Further more Obasi stated in an interview that he was asked to pay a bribe to be selected for Keshi’s World Cup squad and his refusal led to his omission.

Again Nigeria dropped from its World Cup squad the top scorer in the qualifying campaign. Who does that?

As a player with duel nationality do they really want to be involved in such a messy football environment where the best are not necessarily selected????
Silver-Shadow
Egg
Egg

Post by Silver-Shadow »

"Personally I find it disgusting dropping players that contributed to the team’s qualification for a tournament in favour of players that didn’t play a single game and haven’t played for the national team. So nobody including the coach knows how good they really are."

This mentality seems very Rohresq, so you'd rather carry Deadwood rather than improve your squad? Rory's loyalty to players who no longer add to the squad has been very much Nigeria's undoing.
No Escape
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Flex Swift wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:39 pm Personally I find it disgusting dropping players that contributed to the team’s qualification for a tournament in favour of players that didn’t play a single game and haven’t played for the national team. So nobody including the coach knows how good they really are.
Did Uzoho, Brian Idowu, Simy Nwankwo and Tyronne Ebuehi play in any of the Russia WC qualifiers?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Silver-Shadow wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:00 am "Personally I find it disgusting dropping players that contributed to the team’s qualification for a tournament in favour of players that didn’t play a single game and haven’t played for the national team. So nobody including the coach knows how good they really are."

This mentality seems very Rohresq, so you'd rather carry Deadwood rather than improve your squad? Rory's loyalty to players who no longer add to the squad has been very much Nigeria's undoing.
We will soon see if it was truly Rohr that was to blame. So far Egu picked all of "Rohrs" junks and even appears to be putting Musa in the first team. I pray he was just hiding his hand because if he has any serious thoughts about starting Musa against Egypt I will start my insurgency campaign against him right away.

That IMO is a sackable offense based on gross negligence.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Silver-Shadow wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:00 am "Personally I find it disgusting dropping players that contributed to the team’s qualification for a tournament in favour of players that didn’t play a single game and haven’t played for the national team. So nobody including the coach knows how good they really are."

Explain how the following players included in the 2014 World Cup improved the squad from play the players that participated in the qualifying campaign: Reuben Gabriel, Ejuke Uzoenyi, Ramon Azeez, Michael Babatunde, Michael Uchebo, Uche Nwofor & Sola Ameobi. None of those players is playing active football today in any meaningful league.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Flex Swift wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:27 am

Explain how the following players included in the 2014 World Cup squad, improved the squad from the players that participated in the qualifying campaign: Reuben Gabriel, Ejuke Uzoenyi, Ramon Azeez, Michael Babatunde, Michael Uchebo, Uche Nwofor & Sola Ameobi.

None of those players are playing active football today in any meaningful league. None was really an improvement to the squad
Do you think Sadiq Umar has strengthened the squad? I made it a point to watch all of his games this season and he is not better than Dessers he is a lightweight striker playing at his appropriate level Spanish second division. I have seen Olise play club football but he manned the CB position against Mexico where Nigeria lost 4-0 and it could have been worst…….. Nigeria begged Kevin to switch and now Nigeria has dropped him in favour of Olise. How does that encourage other dual nationals?

My view if we wanted Sadiq Umar & Olise in the final squad they should have participated in the qualifiers so that they are battle ready and tested. Nobody in the final squad should be winning their first cap at the tournament.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Flex Swift wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:01 am
Flex Swift wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:27 am

Explain how the following players included in the 2014 World Cup squad, improved the squad from the players that participated in the qualifying campaign: Reuben Gabriel, Ejuke Uzoenyi, Ramon Azeez, Michael Babatunde, Michael Uchebo, Uche Nwofor & Sola Ameobi.

None of those players are playing active football today in any meaningful league. None was really an improvement to the squad
Do you think Sadiq Umar has strengthened the squad? I made it a point to watch all of his games this season and he is not better than Dessers he is a lightweight striker playing at his appropriate level Spanish second division. I have seen Olise play club football but he manned the CB position against Mexico where Nigeria lost 4-0 and it could have been worst…….. Nigeria begged Kevin to switch and now Nigeria has dropped him in favour of Olise. How does that encourage other dual nationals?

My view if we wanted Sadiq Umar & Olise in the final squad they should have participated in the qualifiers so that they are battle ready and tested. Nobody in the final squad should be winning their first cap at the tournament.
Flex

No one is and should be assured a place in the national team. There are hundreds of players willing and struggling to get to the national team. Thus no one can be and should be assured a chance. What you are offered is OPPORTUNITY. No more. You either take it or fail in attempt to do so. That is the nature of the business.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics