Emmanuel Dennis, Shehu, Balogun Out of AFCON squad

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Emmanuel Dennis, Shehu, Balogun Out of AFCON squad

Post by Tobi17 »

The aforementioned players are out for reasons unclear for now, but Olayinka, Ebuehi, Semi Ajayi and Onyekuru have been called up to camp.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Emmanuel Dennis, Shehu, Balogun Out of AFCON squad

Post by Tobi17 »

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

FIFA have not cleared Lookman,yeah.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

So many agendas crushed by this tweet.

Eguavoen refused to invited Lookman - crushed

Eguavoen hates foreign born players - crushed

Now we need to know why Dennis did not make the team. Why was he a late addition to the 40 man list?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

aruako1 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:48 am So many agendas crushed by this tweet.

Now we need to know why Dennis did not make the team. Why was he a late addition to the 40 man list?
Baba Rohr, probably forgot to add Emmanuel Dennis to the squad. We need to know which agent caused this....
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Now it all makes sense... Rohr didn't include Dennis Emmanuel in his 40 or so original team list which was confirmed from the screenshot leak of the squad Rohr submitted. Watford quite reasonably interpreted that to mean Nigeria didn't need the services of Dennis, two weeks later Rohr gets the sack, Eguavoen steps in and made adjustments to the list by inviting Dennis after the injury and withdrawal of Onuachu... But the timing of the invitation was rather too late and disruptive to Watford and to some extent Dennis who was already busy with club commitments especially now that they face possible relegation. Dennis now faced with a very tough choice of ruining his club reputation by honoring a call up he was not invited to in the first place went for the option that seemed more logical for him, "Let me stick to my club that actually care about me."

I apologize for calling Eguavoen corrupt, the poor man was just caught in the whole loop of the cesspool of corruption and incompetence called the NFF.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

fabio wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:56 am
aruako1 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:48 am So many agendas crushed by this tweet.

Baba Rohr, probably forgot to add Emmanuel Dennis to the squad. We need to know which agent caused this....
They are in a bind with this one. If Rohr did not add the name of the last 3 names on that list, we need to know why? If he added Dennis, then that means he also added Iwuji
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:00 am Now it all makes sense... Rohr didn't include Dennis Emmanuel in his 40 or so original team list which was confirmed from the screenshot leak of the squad Rohr submitted. Watford quite reasonably interpreted that to mean Nigeria didn't need the services of Dennis, two weeks later Rohr gets the sack, Eguavoen steps in and made adjustments to the list by inviting Dennis after the injury and withdrawal of Onuachu... But the timing of the invitation was rather too late and behind the deadline cause Watford and I believe Dennis were already busy with club commitments especially now that they face possible relegation.

I apologize for calling Eguavoen corrupt, the poor guys just caught in the whole loop of the cesspool of corruption and incompetence called the NFF.
Dude flopping again. Look at the data. According to the list everyone has seen on CE, Dennis was added 11/28 two weeks before Rohr was sacked. Isn’t 5 weeks before camp long enough if club was informed then. Can we all just agree we don’t know what actually went on and just leave it at that?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:25 am The aforementioned players are out for reasons unclear for now, but Olayinka, Ebuehi, Semi Ajayi and Onyekuru have been called up to camp.
Ajayi for Balogun is frying pan to fire.
Ajayi is probably really low on confidence right now.

God…we really do have CD problems.
My view.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Dennis a big loss though. Was looking forward to seeing him at Afcon
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

What happened to the supposed stand by list of Home-based players?

Some of you guys just swallow any rumor that makes the rounds.

In any case, this is the most shambolic build-up to the Nations Cup that we've seen in some time.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

kawawa wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:12 am
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:00 am Now it all makes sense... Rohr didn't include Dennis Emmanuel in his 40 or so original team list which was confirmed from the screenshot leak of the squad Rohr submitted. Watford quite reasonably interpreted that to mean Nigeria didn't need the services of Dennis, two weeks later Rohr gets the sack, Eguavoen steps in and made adjustments to the list by inviting Dennis after the injury and withdrawal of Onuachu... But the timing of the invitation was rather too late and behind the deadline cause Watford and I believe Dennis were already busy with club commitments especially now that they face possible relegation.

I apologize for calling Eguavoen corrupt, the poor guys just caught in the whole loop of the cesspool of corruption and incompetence called the NFF.
Dude flopping again. Look at the data. According to the list everyone has seen on CE, Dennis was added 11/28 two weeks before Rohr was sacked. Isn’t 5 weeks before camp long enough if club was informed then. Can we all just agree we don’t know what actually went on and just leave it at that?
I think people are overthinking this list thing.
To what end? To lay ‘blame’ somewhere I guess. :roll:

I woulda thought the focus should be on those that will be there regardless, rather than Sherlock Holmesing how they got there, and who did or didn’t pencil them in.
People really get time o.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

mystic wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:17 am What happened to the supposed stand by list of Home-based players?

In any case, this is the most shambolic build-up to the Nations Cup that we've seen in some time.
Agree. It is a mess and who knows what comes next
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:00 am Now it all makes sense... Rohr didn't include Dennis Emmanuel in his 40 or so original team list which was confirmed from the screenshot leak of the squad Rohr submitted. Watford quite reasonably interpreted that to mean Nigeria didn't need the services of Dennis, two weeks later Rohr gets the sack, Eguavoen steps in and made adjustments to the list by inviting Dennis after the injury and withdrawal of Onuachu... But the timing of the invitation was rather too late and disruptive to Watford and to some extent Dennis who was already busy with club commitments especially now that they face possible relegation. Dennis now faced with a very tough choice of ruining his club reputation by honoring a call up he was not invited to in the first place went for the option that seemed more logical for him, "Let me stick to my club that actually care about me."

I apologize for calling Eguavoen corrupt, the poor man was just caught in the whole loop of the cesspool of corruption and incompetence called the NFF.
How about exercising caution next time before casting aspersions on a man's character? A man that has a family that can probably access this forum. If you suspect corruption contact David Hundeyin or Fisayo Soyombo (there are many more investigative journalists in and out of Nigeria). If there is something to find they will find it.

All of you are now giving Rohr the benefit of doubt that you could not give your fellow Nigerian. Oyibo na oyibo
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mystic wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:17 am What happened to the supposed stand by list of Home-based players?

Too much, too readily.
Conspiracy theories gone crazy, often based on nothing at all.

Happy for Ebuehi though! :thumb:
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Damunk wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:13 am
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:25 am The aforementioned players are out for reasons unclear for now, but Olayinka, Ebuehi, Semi Ajayi and Onyekuru have been called up to camp.

My view.

Calling up Semi Ajayi (who has not been starting in the English Championship of late) over Kevin Akpoguma really buttresses my earlier opinion that Akpoguma is primarily seen as a Right Back by this coaching staff.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Another angle to the Dennis saga

kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Damunk wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:22 am

Too much, too readily.
Conspiracy theories gone crazy, often based on nothing at all.

Happy for Ebuehi though! :thumb:
At this point just safe to say we don’t know what the hell went on. No matter go SE. What we have is what we have. I await the games
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Let’s at least try and be fair.
The fact that we have able call-ups indicates a depth of squad… apart from our CD which is just my minority opinion.

Dennis’ absence is not a disaster and even coupled with Victor’s loss it still will not be.
Ebuehi in for Shehu many will say is even an improvement. So really, nuttin really spoil.

We need to look on the bright side and focus less on the negative.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

It's obvious it's only Nigeria having all these issues with players, I'm yet to hear of any drama for other countries... Na wa ooo
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mystic wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:23 am
Damunk wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:13 am

My view.

Calling up Semi Ajayi (who has not been starting in the English Championship of late) over Kevin Akpoguma really buttresses my earlier opinion that Akpoguma is primarily seen as a Right Back by this coaching staff.
Hmmm. I have a sneaky suspicion that there is more to the Akpoguma story than we know.
It makes even less sense now that reinforcements have not included him.
The facts will eventually emerge.

For now, we move…
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damunk wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:28 am Let’s at least try and be fair.
The fact that we have able call-ups indicates a depth of squad… apart from our CD which is just my minority opinion.

Dennis’ absence is not a disaster and even coupled with Victor’s loss it still will not be.
Ebuehi in for Shehu many will say is even an improvement. So really, nuttin really spoil.

We need to look on the bright side and focus less on the negative.
Balogun was always a minus one for me, imagine a slow-footed Balogun vs Salah? I trust Awaziem to marshall that defense now cause Ekong just isn't it.. but I really hoped to see Bassey and Akpoguma make I no lie.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:29 am It's obvious it's only Nigeria having all these issues with players, I'm yet to hear of any drama for other countries... Na wa ooo

Are you actually listening out? :idea: