Dennis Situation clarified

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Goalgetter
Egg
Egg
Dennis Situation clarified

Post by Goalgetter »

Link
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Dennis Situation clarified

Post by bushboy »

I believe it. For all his talent, Dennis seems like a very difficult individual. I'm almost glad he won't be at AFCON. We don't need the headache. Maybe the new coach can try again once he takes the helm...
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Addition by subtraction. He can always announce his international retirement.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Watford fans call him a “Diva.” Seems like he’s one.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Pampering and cuddling athletes is not the right thing to do in team sports.
If a player is not interested in the team, it's best to let him be else he/she
might be a liability to the cause.
Football, like many team sports is more about team cohesion and discipline than
about individual talent. There are more instances where games and trophies are
won as a team than those due to individual 'inspiration'.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

About a month ago, a friend attended a Watford home game and met up with Troost Ekong and Dennis at the car park after the match (he posted photos on Facebook with the duo). According to him, Troost told him that Dennis was not interested in going to AFCON and Dennis agreed with Troost's comments. He is only trying to avoid the backlash by making it seem as if Watford is preventing him from joining the squad.
He should not be called up till at least after the world cup.
I am happy
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Who is Mr. Mowiz and why should we believe everything he said? I think Dennis wanted to stay back at Watford also, but it seems this mowiz guy is pouring on.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Fock this little *kindperson* called Denise, he's disrespecting us for a relegation fight. Are u freaking kidding me! :curse: He should never be called to SE ever again. SOB has 8 goals for a team that's getting relegated and he thinks he's arrived.

Ko ni da fun Iya la ya e... oloburuku. :curse:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Goalgetter wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:28 pm Watford fans call him a “Diva.” Seems like he’s one.
You mean Denise?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:53 pm
Goalgetter wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:28 pm Watford fans call him a “Diva.” Seems like he’s one.
You mean Denise?
Yes indeed!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

joao wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:31 pm Pampering and cuddling athletes is not the right thing to do in team sports.
Its all about balancing. Any good leader will tell you that you have to find a way to handle a group, individualistically. You cant treat everyone equal. Some are stronger than others, and some need more cuddling than others, some need love, some dont! When you learn this, you will become a fantastic leader.

Anyone who has children will tell you the same, you dont treat all of them the same way.

P.s-- there is a reason why the "5 love languages" is very effective. People relate differently to different senses. You find which one they crave the most, give it to them and they will go to war for you!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dennis, Watford, Eguavoen had a three hours conversation
When I saw this, I knew most of his tweet was a lie! 3 hours conversation??!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: yea right! If he had said, 30 minutes, I will even say he is pushing it. 3 hours? what were they talking about, because it sure wasnt about the invitation. :rotf: I can guarantee you that Ranieri or Watford officials do not have the time to sit with Eguavoen for 3 hours when they have games to prepare for. And Denis is not going to be on a call for 3 hours and neither is Eguavoen. If you want to lie, lie to make it believable. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

abeg let's move on from the guy and wish him well with his watford career.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:09 pm
Dennis, Watford, Eguavoen had a three hours conversation
When I saw this, I knew most of his tweet was a lie! 3 hours conversation??!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: yea right! If he had said, 30 minutes, I will even say he is pushing it. 3 hours? what were they talking about, because it sure wasnt about the invitation. :rotf: I can guarantee you that Ranieri or Watford officials do not have the time to sit with Eguavoen for 3 hours when they have games to prepare for. And Denis is not going to be on a call for 3 hours and neither is Eguavoen. If you want to lie, lie to make it believable. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I agree. The long story, though spiced up with facts to look credible, feels inaccurate. Ranieri himself had earlier said that Watford was considering rejecting the request because it was out of time. See below link for the position he then confirmed.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 74441.html

If the request had been made on time, then the club would have been in breach of the regulations if they refused it. NFF played it wrongly. I believe Dennis wanted to go to AFCON, but had to respect the wishes of his employers (particularly given his bad record in that regard with previously employers). The story is malicious, and calculated to cause disfavor for the player. Disgraceful.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:07 pm
joao wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:31 pm Pampering and cuddling athletes is not the right thing to do in team sports.
Its all about balancing. Any good leader will tell you that you have to find a way to handle a group, individualistically. You cant treat everyone equal. Some are stronger than others, and some need more cuddling than others, some need love, some dont! When you learn this, you will become a fantastic leader.

Anyone who has children will tell you the same, you dont treat all of them the same way.

P.s-- there is a reason why the "5 love languages" is very effective. People relate differently to different senses. You find which one they crave the most, give it to them and they will go to war for you!
dd, did someone steal your handle? :clap: :clap: :clap:
I am happy
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

might be a liability to the cause

Football, like many team sports is more about team cohesion and discipline than about individual talent. There are more instances where games and trophies are won as a team than those due to individual 'inspiration'.
KPAM! Thx bro, that's exactly what I think. :clap: :clap: :clap: Dennis should be left alone if he doesn't want to play for us. It's not by force
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

These lies, deceit, manufacturing stories should stop.

This is the only truth:
Watford Manager in a press interview (also shown on TV) that no request for Dennis was made initially (when request for Ekong) was made; & that it was past the official FIFA deadline that the club received a second player request this time for Dennis, hence the club no action.

Any person telling you anything different is lying.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

You mean Denise?
Maceo4,

What are you saying, bro? Isn't 'Denise' for females?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Odas wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:24 pm
You mean Denise?
Maceo4,

Or sensitive males like Denise lol…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Oguleftie wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:22 pm These lies, deceit, manufacturing stories should stop.

This is the only truth:
Watford Manager in a press interview (also shown on TV) that no request for Dennis was made initially (when request for Ekong) was made; & that it was past the official FIFA deadline that the club received a second player request this time for Dennis, hence the club no action.

That's what I initially read and believed because it made a lot of sense, but the news keeps changing, I don't know what to believe anymore.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Oguleftie wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:22 pm These lies, deceit, manufacturing stories should stop.

This is the only truth:

Of course, but if Dennis wanted to come he would have pushed his club for it, else NFF has no choice but to back off.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:25 pm
Odas wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:24 pm
You mean Denise?
Maceo4,

Or sensitive males like Denise lol…
Okaaaay, I see what you mean
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:27 pm

This is the only truth:

Of course, but if Dennis wanted to come he would have pushed his club for it, else NFF has no choice but to back off.
Based on what Watford coach reiterated, they made plans for the club after Ekong request & after FIFA deadline, and that is what they will follow regardless of who comes to them. So the issue issue of Dennis coming to them holds no water.
Translating further in simple english: Dennis can do what he wants, and the club can do what it wants.