MAN OF THE MOMENT IN THE NPFL - Ishaq Kayode (POTM)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
MAN OF THE MOMENT IN THE NPFL - Ishaq Kayode (POTM)

Post by Sunset »

Ishaq Rafiu Kayode (21) of Rivers United has started the new NPFL season with a bang with 4 goals and 1 assist in their 3 games in December, he has played a part in all their goals scored so far and if he keeps it up he won't be in the country for very long.

Its good to see him bounce back from last seasons struggles, as it was his piece of individual brilliance that handed Finidi George his first competitive loss as a coach (@0:08).
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: MAN OF THE MOMENT IN THE NPFL - Ishaq Kayode (POTM)

Post by Damunk »

Sunset wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:34 am Ishaq Rafiu Kayode (21) of Rivers United has started the new NPFL season with a bang with 4 goals and 1 assist in their 3 games in December, he has played a part in all their goals scored so far and if he keeps it up he won't be in the country for very long.

Its good to see him bounce back from last seasons struggles, as it was his piece of individual brilliance that handed Finidi George his first competitive loss as a coach (@0:08).
Impressive left foot!
Sure knows how to shoot! :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fajex
Egg
Egg

Post by fajex »

Likely to be the-same Ishaq that was with 3SC last season or so.

Quite a good and intelligent player.

Good start :clap: :clap:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Thanks for posting.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

He's had a great start to the season. One of the players to watch this season in the NPFL.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...I don't understand why Nigeria national coaches will not scout these players who play together every week and integrate them into the national set up, instead na to depend on foreign players scattered all over.
When match day comes they only have few days practice to know each others play style.
Defense don't understand midfield, midfield don't understand forward/strikers hence the misplaced passes, standing around, etc.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

mcal wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:51 pm ...I don't understand why Nigeria national coaches will not scout these players who play together every week and integrate them into the national set up, instead na to depend on foreign players scattered all over.
When match day comes they only have few days practice to know each others play style.
Defense don't understand midfield, midfield don't understand forward/strikers hence the misplaced passes, standing around, etc.
Mcal

While this maybe true, it is important that the NPFL players just begun their season and fitness issues may also exist with them. For me, I am not really concerned about them being left out at the team at the moment.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Was he in the Home-based squad that played against Mexico?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Dude is impressive.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:03 pm
mcal wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:51 pm ...I don't understand why Nigeria national coaches will not scout these players who play together every week and integrate them into the national set up, instead na to depend on foreign players scattered all over.
Mcal

While this maybe true, it is important that the NPFL players just begun their season and fitness issues may also exist with them. For me, I am not really concerned about them being left out at the team at the moment.
...that there is detrimental to the development of a national team. Scout them, use them.
Much much cheaper to get them together given the on-going covid issues decimating foreign contingents.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Lolly wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:18 pm Was he in the Home-based squad that played against Mexico?
...I know someone will point that out.
That team was hastily put together with no adequate support and or conviction.
Just check his name was not in the lineup or subs. See below link.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/match/_/gameId/602806
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

NO. NAME
16 Stanley Nwabali
6 Olisa Ndah
13 Adekunle Adeleke
66' 14  Tebo Degaulle
3 Imo Obot 43'
20 Temitope Olusesi
8 Uche Onwuansanya
67' 2  Zulkifilu Rabiu
4 Tony Msonter
7 Anayo Iwuala
24 Sunusi Ibrahim
11 Charles Atshimene
58' 9  Sunday Adetunji
19 Seth Mayi
57' 21  Jude Steven
SUBSTITUTES
10 Ibrahim Olawoyin
5 Emmanuel Nenrot
17 Auwalu Ali Malam
22 Oriyomi Lawal
18 Chinonso Eziekwe
12 Abdulmutalif Sanusi
1 John Noble
15 Enyinnaya Kazie
23 Josh Oluwayemi
Game Information
VENUE: Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:18 pm Was he in the Home-based squad that played against Mexico?
I doubt it but would not expect that either. I do not think he was in this form at the time and besides this a new season with just a few games. Will he keep this form? That is a key question but form is not static, it changes.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:08 pm
I doubt it but would not expect that either. I do not think he was in this form at the time and besides this a new season with just a few games. Will he keep this form? That is a key question but form is not static, it changes.
Yup!! There's no way he would've made that team based on merit as he struggled to secure a place in Rivers first XI behind Godwin Aguda last season, he already has more starts this season than he managed for the whole of the last season.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

No.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Very nice left foot, won’t likely be in Naija much longer if he keeps it up.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Meanwhile last seasons joint Top-Goalscorer Silas Nwankwo (18) gets his first goal of the season, he's someone I'm very surprised is still in the league, he'll probably be gone by the end of the month.
[tweet][/tweet]

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]
A goal and Assist for him today to keep him as the leagues topgoalscorer so far!! But that third goal by Ebube Duru (LB) :scared:
[tweet][/tweet]
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Does it matter? Why ask this question, about home based players?
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

fabio wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:48 am
Agenda must agend...
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Another Goal and Assist for him today, which already puts him on double figures in Goal contributions after 8 games
[tweet][/tweet]
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

So we can watch and assess him. Do you have a problem with that?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:03 pm
So we can watch and assess him. Do you have a problem with that?
If you follow the NPFL you'd know there was no way he'd deserve to make that team at the time as he spent the majority of the season on the bench.