EGUAVOEN: Blasts Balogun on "Injury"......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
EGUAVOEN: Blasts Balogun on "Injury"......

Post by Enugu II »

NFF's first step in long planned move now in effect or is it? Just checking and alerting......
Leon Balogun Rangers injury blasted as Nigeria boss offers bristling AFCON absence verdict
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foo ... d-25844306

The centre-back has been missing for the Scottish champions since November and the Super Eagles boss appeared to aim a dig at him.

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you've consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Nigeria boss Augustine Eguavoen appeared to take a dig at Rangers defender Leon Balogon after he pulled out of international duty.

The 33-year-old was part of the Super Eagles squad named last week along with Ibrox teammate Joe Aribo.

However he dropped out of the squad to head to Cameroon as he continues to recover from the mystery injury that has kept him out since November.

Balogun hasn’t played since he limped off during Premier Sports Cup semi-final defeat to Hibs, despite returning to training.

National team boss Augustine Eguavoen has stated that he is missing for Rangers and from the major tournament due to back injury.

But he insists he can't focus on the missing players and warned Balogun he faces a fight to get back into his plans.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: EGUAVOEN: Blasts Balogun on "Injury"......

Post by 1naija »

What's with all the recent sensational headlines?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:22 am NFF's first step in long planned move now in effect or is it? Just checking and alerting......
Leon Balogun Rangers injury blasted as Nigeria boss offers bristling AFCON absence verdict
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foo ... d-25844306

The centre-back has been missing for the Scottish champions since November and the Super Eagles boss appeared to aim a dig at him.

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you've consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Nigeria boss Augustine Eguavoen appeared to take a dig at Rangers defender Leon Balogon after he pulled out of international duty.

The 33-year-old was part of the Super Eagles squad named last week along with Ibrox teammate Joe Aribo.

However he dropped out of the squad to head to Cameroon as he continues to recover from the mystery injury that has kept him out since November.

Balogun hasn’t played since he limped off during Premier Sports Cup semi-final defeat to Hibs, despite returning to training.

National team boss Augustine Eguavoen has stated that he is missing for Rangers and from the major tournament due to back injury.

But he insists he can't focus on the missing players and warned Balogun he faces a fight to get back into his plans.

Where exactly is the dig at Balogun?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:25 am What's with all the recent sensational headlines?
1naija,

I hope you sent an inquiry to the media house to find out why they used such a headline? :rotf:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Not a single quote…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Clicking baiting...Ad revenue is key to survival...
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Mr Shows wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:28 am Clicking baiting...Ad revenue is key to survival...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:28 am
1naija wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:25 am What's with all the recent sensational headlines?
1naija,

I hope you sent an inquiry to the media house to find out why they used such a headline? :rotf:
We'd like to know why you repeated it. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Prof Prof

Hmmmmmmm

Ok o
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ugbowo wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:45 pm Prof Prof

Hmmmmmmm

Ok o
Ugbowo

I guess na me write the article? It is what it is. I will bring to this site all views. That is the GOAL.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:57 pm

Hmmmmmmm

Ok o
Ugbowo

I guess na me write the article? It is what it is. I will bring to this site all views. That is the GOAL.
Prof,

The article was nor worth the computer screen it was typed on. Completely baseless article based on an interview we all heard ourselves. You posted it here, instead of demeaning the article, you continued with the narrative by essentially insinuating that this was NFF smear campaign. Heck even your title on the main page made it seem like indeed Balogun was blasted by Egu.

I'm noticing something but I no wan believe am. I respect you too much so maybe it's all in my head.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Ugbowo wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:10 pmI'm noticing something but I no wan believe am. I respect you too much so maybe it's all in my head.
I'm noticing it too. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ugbowo wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:10 pm
Enugu II wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:57 pm

Hmmmmmmm

Ok o
Ugbowo

Prof,

The article was nor worth the computer screen it was typed on. Completely baseless article based on an interview we all heard ourselves. You posted it here, instead of demeaning the article, you continued with the narrative by essentially insinuating that this was NFF smear campaign. Heck even your title on the main page made it seem like indeed Balogun was blasted by Egu.

I'm noticing something but I no wan believe am. I respect you too much so maybe it's all in my head.
Ugbowo

I have no reason to demean it. Not one. I actually after listening to Egu, I sought to interpret beyond his words in order to unearth insights. I have not done so except a glimpse on why on earth did he mention Kevin Akpoguma when not prompted and I could have used it to seek a conclusion but had no time to make a link. This paper possibly made similar insights. This is new journalism of seeking beyond mere spoken word. It is what it is. In this case, I simply posted the source and you make what you want of it. I am not in the business of censoring.