REMO STARS - The privately run NPFL club shaking up the domestic scene

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The privately run NPFL club on the verge of a major shakeup to the domestic scene and the SE - REMO STARS

Post by bret- hart »

These boys should form the bedrock of our u17 and u20 teams.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The privately run NPFL club on the verge of a major shakeup to the domestic scene and the SE - REMO STARS

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The privately run NPFL club shaking up the domestic scene - REMO STARS

Post by Sunset »

WAFU: Golden Eaglets To Use Ultra-Modern Remo Stars Sports Complex
https://newnationalstar.com/wafu-golden ... ts-complex
By Online Editor ON MAY 19, 2022 0

The newly built ultra modern Remo Stars sports complex in Ikenne, Ogun state, is set to host players and officials of five times Under-17 World Champions, the Golden Eaglets of Nigeria.
Just days after hosting the MTN Under-15 championship, the chairman Remo Stars Football Club, Chief Kunle Soname, has agreed to play host to Nigeria’s cadet team, as they finalize preparation to the Under-17 WAFU qualifier in Ghana.
A top source from the football house said discussions have been concluded to have 40 players travel to Ikenne any time soon.
Currently, over 70 players are in the Abuja Camp preparing for the qualifier.
This number will be trimmed down to 40 before they embark on a training tour of West Africa, our source confirmed.
He said the 40 players will stay at the Remo Stars training facility and hotels in Ikenne for a few days before embarking on a tour of West Africa.

During the tour, the team will be pruned down to 25 players on the eve of their departure to Ghana, venue of the WAFU Under-17 qualifier.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

Sunset wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:01 am [tweet][/tweet]
this is just beautiful soccer. good first touch, timely passes, correct passing angles. wow.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lolly »

I wonder how long Soname can continue to fund his teams with little revenue coming in except from his betting business. That’s going to be the challenge for privately run clubs in Nigeria.

But I hear some news about some foreign guys bringing in some big investment to develop our league. Let’s wait and see.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:18 pm I wonder how long Soname can continue to fund his teams with little revenue coming in except from his betting business. That’s going to be the challenge for privately run clubs in Nigeria.

But I hear some news about some foreign guys bringing in some big investment to develop our league. Let’s wait and see.
Lolly,

I hope he continues to locate sources for revenue. Remo is the future of privately run Nigerian football. I wonder how much he is securing from transfer of rights to footballers who move to clubs in Europe. This year, I am hoping that Remo will be one of the clubs to represent the country in next year's continental competitions. They just need to hold off Rangers International to achieve that goal. Just a few more rounds to go.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:18 pm I wonder how long Soname can continue to fund his teams with little revenue coming in except from his betting business. That’s going to be the challenge for privately run clubs in Nigeria.

He also owns Portuguese club Feirense who aren't doing too bad in the transfermarket so I do think that's a big reason whe he has been able to invest in Remo so far
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:42 pm

He also owns Portuguese club Feirense who aren't doing too bad in the transfermarket so I do think that's a big reason whe he has been able to invest in Remo so far

BTW, was he not responsible in moving Etebo to Europe? I know he has moved several other players including, Dele Alampasu, the former U17 keeper who won the WC U17 with Nigeria.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:11 pm

Lolly,

I hope he continues to locate sources for revenue. Remo is the future of privately run Nigerian football. I wonder how much he is securing from transfer of rights to footballers who move to clubs in Europe. This year, I am hoping that Remo will be one of the clubs to represent the country in next year's continental competitions. They just need to hold off Rangers International to achieve that goal. Just a few more rounds to go.
My point is the Nigerian leagues need to start being commercially viable for private club owners else it won’t end well. Ifeanyi Ubah FC is an example of a privately run football club that also came with a bang but is slowly dying. These private investors can’t sustain the spending from their other businesses.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:03 pm I'm sure a number of people know about the club and how difficult it is in the country for one to run a private club successfully as they have been through their fair share of trials & tribulations getting relegated in the two NPFL seasons they competed in, but one thing was for sure and it was that they were producing some talented young players regardless of it. Oche Salefu & Victor Mbaoma in particular have been two of the biggest talents in the domestic and continental scene.

Marcus Abraham & Olisa Ndah for example are two players in recent time that have been called up to the full SE

That makes it 4 former Remo players (Ndah, Rafiu, Mbaoma, Abraham) & 2 youth products to get capped by the main SE in the last 2 years. And they're also amongst the top goalscorer in the League.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Can’t believe I missed this thread!
I’m only just tuning in to the Remo Stars story.
Shame. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:30 am Can’t believe I missed this thread!
...because the national team scouts/recruiters/coaches are focused abroad on players who hardly play every week, and do not gel well with fellow players when they gather for a national or international match.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:34 am
...because the national team scouts/recruiters/coaches are focused abroad on players who hardly play every week and do not gel well with fellow players when they gather for a national or international match.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:source:
Apart from uhm…..Uzoho and now Ekong, which of them hardly plays every week? Add Balogun.
3 out of 25?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:06 am
mcal wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:34 am
...because the national team scouts/recruiters/coaches are focused abroad on players who hardly play every week and do not gel well with fellow players when they gather for a national or international match.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:source:
Apart from uhm…..Uzoho and now Ekong, which of them hardly plays every week? Add Balogun.
3 out of 25?
...my friend keep adding and you'll come up with half of the 25 :lol:
We have to be realistic about our national team players, coaches, and support staff.
With the way things are going we may see another disappointment at next AFCON if we make it there.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

[tweet][/tweet]
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Sunset wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:09 pm
Impressive :thumb:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ONE more game and Remo is at home. Africa beckons.........
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

SW derby? More like battle of losers!

Serious teams are winning league titles while losers are battling for SW supremacy. Chai! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
YemiBrazil wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:12 pm
Sunset wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:09 pm
Impressive :thumb:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Their U19's playing in the NLO (third division) right now

[tweet][/tweet]