REMO STARS - The privately run NPFL club shaking up the domestic scene

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: REMO STARS - The privately run NPFL club shaking up the domestic scene

Post by bret- hart »

wiseone wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:42 pm Well done to Reno Stars. I hope they get an official tie-up with a European club (like Ajax Cape Town once had with Ajax Amsterdam).
Those partnerships hardly work. Its best for Remo to do its own thing. Be a club known for grooming and developing top class ballers like Ajax, RB Salzburg/Lipzig, River Plate, Dortmund etc. and sell them to top teams for a profit. I wish and hope other NPFL clubs follow this model.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I was thinking of the other benefits that Remo Stars could derived: e.g. getting top class European coaches to run coaching clinics for its players, pre-season tours to Europe, physio/health support, data analysis, and increased PR and financing.

All these would of course help them to produce better players they can sell at bigger profits.

bret- hart wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:52 am
wiseone wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:42 pm Well done to Reno Stars. I hope they get an official tie-up with a European club (like Ajax Cape Town once had with Ajax Amsterdam).
Those partnerships hardly work. Its best for Remo to do its own thing. Be a club known for grooming and developing top class ballers like Ajax, RB Salzburg/Lipzig, River Plate, Dortmund etc. and sell them to top teams for a profit. I wish and hope other NPFL clubs follow this model.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

They do have that link with Portuguese club side Feirense that Kunle Soname also own which is where the majority of their best talents go to.
wiseone wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:19 am I was thinking of the other benefits that Remo Stars could derived: e.g. getting top class European coaches to run coaching clinics for its players, pre-season tours to Europe, physio/health support, data analysis, and increased PR and financing.

All these would of course help them to produce better players they can sell at bigger profits.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Okay so it’s the same guy.
Interesting.
Sunset wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:45 am They do have that link with Portuguese club side Feirense that Kunle Soname also own which is where the majority of their best talents go to.
wiseone wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:19 am I was thinking of the other benefits that Remo Stars could derived: e.g. getting top class European coaches to run coaching clinics for its players, pre-season tours to Europe, physio/health support, data analysis, and increased PR and financing.

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Morufdeen Moshood is the latest export from the Remo Stars Academy this season as he joins Portuguese side Leixoes U19's and scores in his debut match for them

He won the Golden Boot in last years TCC League

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Remo Stars with 5 big additions in the mid-season starting with:

Junior Lokosa who was recently in Saudi Arabia he's of course known for his goalscoring exploits in the domestic scene and is the only player of the 5 that hasn't been with the club previously.

Ifeanyi Anaemena is of course well known for his exploits in the domestic scene winning the NPFL with Enyimba at least 3 times, one thing I didn't know was that he was part of Remo Stars early days when they were known as FC Dender.

The trio of Akeem Taiwo (25/FW), Gbenga Opamoye (24/DM), Isah Aliyu (23/AM) are all part of the early generation of Remo stars foreign exports returning to the country

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sunset wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:02 pm Remo Unveil their upgraded livestream production in a friendly vs Kwaraa as they will now be in HD

Same day the owner shows love to club Captain Junior Nduka :clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
This is fantastic!!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

That dribble!
We used to call it ‘roundabout’ or ‘round table’ in sec school!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Shola Ogundana (18) joins Flamengo on loan looks like he'll start off with their U20 side, an odd move imo but we'll see how it goes
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Sunset wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:57 pm Shola Ogundana (18) joins Flamengo on loan looks like he'll start off with their U20 side, an odd move imo but we'll see how it goes
How is it odd? I think its a good move. Flamingoes is a top Brazilian club.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Grooming a new set of average players, it seems .
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

bret- hart wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:26 am
Sunset wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:57 pm Shola Ogundana (18) joins Flamengo on loan looks like he'll start off with their U20 side, an odd move imo but we'll see how it goes
How is it odd? I think its a good move. Flamingoes is a top Brazilian club.
It's odd that he's going on loan from one youth side to another youth side, I'd understand if they just signed him outright, but maybe his lack of first team football was a concern. We'll just have to see
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:23 am That dribble!
We used to call it ‘roundabout’ or ‘round table’ in sec school!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Also made popular by one St Finbarrs player nicknamed Barber Chair who played in the late 70s and early 80s.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

These Beyond Limits people are really impressive.
I wonder whether they have a hospitality package for visitors.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Remo Stars qualify for the Super 6 in style as Odunsi gets his first goal for the senior team against Kwara plus Ogungbe & Olisa both made their NPFL debuts

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:22 am Morufdeen Moshood is the latest export from the Remo Stars Academy this season as he joins Portuguese side Leixoes U19's and scores in his debut match for them

He won the Golden Boot in last years TCC League
Moshood with a Hat trick for Leixoes B team after being promoted from their U19's. He already has 12 goals in total in 10 appearances
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Beyond Limits are on the verge of qualifying for the NNL as they lead 3 -1 against First Bank FC

Looks like they recruited Dele Aiyenugba's son who's to this side as he's starting
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:26 pm Bruno (Cup), Agbeko (U19 +2 assists) & Oyedele (U19) have all scored their first goal of the season :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Sunset wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:13 pmBeyond Limits are on the verge of qualifying for the NNL as they lead 3 -1 against First Bank FC

Looks like they recruited Dele Aiyenugba's son who's to this side as he's starting
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL