REMO STARS - The privately run NPFL club shaking up the domestic scene

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: REMO STARS - The privately run NPFL club shaking up the domestic scene

Post by kalani JR »

Damunk wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:08 am These Beyond Limits people are really impressive.
I wonder whether they have a hospitality package for visitors.
I once flew on ValueJet and while the flight was fine I had an isssue with the lounge, it so hopefully they do things differently there.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:03 pm I'm sure a number of people know about the club and how difficult it is in the country for one to run a private club successfully as they have been through their fair share of trials & tribulations getting relegated in the two NPFL seasons they competed in, but one thing was for sure and it was that they were producing some talented young players regardless of it. Oche Salefu & Victor Mbaoma in particular have been two of the biggest talents in the domestic and continental scene.

so of course bigger NPFL clubs would often lure them away which didn't help their chances of cementing themselves as an NPFL regular. In this they ensured there was a well run youth development system from U10 up to U19 along with their links with Feirense in Portugal.

As you can see from even their youth sides there is a clear understanding of the football philosophy they follow and want to achieve, one thing is for sure I think its just a matter of time till theres one talent that will explode at a major level.

Their U19's won a private league last season that had a number of 2nd & 3rd division senior teams competing in
And I believe a couple of those players were promoted to the first team.

Marcus Abraham & Olisa Ndah for example are two products in recent time that have been called up to the full SE

The main team at the moment have kicked off the current NPFL season with a bang as they currently sit top of the league with only 1 goal conceded in 4 matches with more than half of their starting XI being U21. It goes to show that their owner is truly serious about what he wants to achieve as there have been a number of sides that tried the same thing but couldn't last the test of time. :clap: :clap: :clap:

They even rebranded their U19 team
Remo Stars will be receiving €750k from Porto for the sale of Marcus :clap: :clap: :clap:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:18 pm
Sunset wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:22 am Morufdeen Moshood is the latest export from the Remo Stars Academy this season as he joins Portuguese side Leixoes U19's and scores in his debut match for them

He won the Golden Boot in last years TCC League
Moshood with a Hat trick for Leixoes B team after being promoted from their U19's. He already has 12 goals in total in 10 appearances
Nigerian forward Morufdeen Moshood, 18, and Brazilian central defender Danrlei, 28, are the latest reinforcements of Leixões.
https://www.futebol365.pt/artigo/300900 ... it_twitter

OFFICIAL: Leixões guarantees two more reinforcements
The SAD leixonenses reports that it has agreed with Remo Stars, from Nigeria, the “purchase of 50% of the economic rights” of Moshood, which he signed for three seasons. Last season, the player was on loan to Leixonenses and scored 20 goals in 15 games for the under-19 and B teams.

"My job is to score goals and I love what I do. I love scoring goals and winning games," said Moshood, quoted on Leixões' Facebook social network.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:50 pm :clap: :clap: :clap:
I guess that this resulted from CAF's order that any club wishing to play in the continent must have a ladies club as well. I love that move from CAF. I am hopeful that the NFF also enforces this with any club at the NPFL level. Such clubs must not only have a women's team but also have an academy for both boys and girls.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

They had an away win last week. Remo Stars is setting a good example. They play my 2nd team Sporting Lagos on Sunday.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:29 pm They had an away win last week. Remo Stars is setting a good example. They play my 2nd team Sporting Lagos on Sunday.
SIGNED. I hope Remo and Sporting Lagos finish in the top TWO positions this year. I am rooting for them. They both embody the change that we need at the top of Nigeria's League football.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:30 am
ohenhen1 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:29 pm They had an away win last week. Remo Stars is setting a good example. They play my 2nd team Sporting Lagos on Sunday.
SIGNED. I hope Remo and Sporting Lagos finish in the top TWO positions this year. I am rooting for them. They both embody the change that we need at the top of Nigeria's League football.
Seconded. :clap: :clap: :clap:
It is important for the future of our football that those genuinely trying to do things the right way succeed in their endeavours.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 3:30 am
In just the space of a few months they've built up quite the rivalry already on and off the pitch, its nice to see. :rotf:

Can't forget about the 3rd privately owned side Doma United who're based in Gombe
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

What a game 👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿 6 of their starting XI are academy graduates
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Sunset wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:43 pm What a game 👏🏿👏🏿👏🏿 6 of their starting XI are academy graduates
:thumbs:

Still a long way to go but we are taking giant steps with the professionalism being introduced by these privately owned clubs.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."