The thing you didn't know

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The thing you didn't know

Post by airwolex »

I actually like Musa, but he shouldn't be in the team right now. I hope he doesn't have WC hopes
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

gochino wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:03 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:30 am
joao wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:11 am Seems like you have time trying to educate folks who care little about whether
the reasons behind their prejudices makes any sense. Please let them enjoy their
ignorance as those guys are beyond redemption.
:clap: kpom. People forget how dedicated the guy has been to his country. Even now, it has been reported that he has a tragedy in his family and yet he is out there for country. He is our must accomplished goal scorer at the highest global competition. He was stripped of captainship but instead of sulking, he stayed dedicated. In my view, while his days in the SE are coming to a close, one has to acknowdge that he is a highly accomplished Nigerian footballer, like it or not. That is just FACT.
What has that got to do with his current form? Quick question, when did you last see Ahmed Musa put in a good performance for the eagles? Nobody cares if he us from the North....It has nothing to do with his form 8 years ago but all to do with his current form.
Gochino

Maybe you have not paid attention. Musa was being attacked even before the 2018 World Cup. You can do a quick search. Yet he came to the tournament and almost single handedly rescued us in a the game after a loss to Croatia. Yes, he may no longer be a game changer for us but recently take a look at our assist king data and see who leads it ahead of the hyped players that are on our team. It is befuddling. The guy deserves accolades for serving his country. We should be thanking him at this point of his career. What is the big deal that he has been included in a ream over 20 players?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:43 am
bret- hart wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:34 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:06 am The selfishness and entitlement of these older players.

Ighalo has lost us a spot on the team that could have gone to a youngster like Amoo.

Musa has already broken the records after being coddled like a spoiled child by the NFF, and it's still not enough.

Does the guy not realize that football has left him ? The coach should just finish him and tell him he is just here for the ride, so he should find the most comfortable seat on the bench.

I've had enough of watching this wastepipe for al.ost half a decade. Enough is enough.
I was going to blast Misses Ighalo as well. We lost a spot that could have gone to Amoo because that agbaya didnt inform the NFF on time that his Al Queda run team dont want to release him. Selfish useless player on and off the pitch. I hope the new coach cleans house post AFCON and get rid of both of them along with Shehu, Collins Noble and Akpeyi.
Collins ain't doing himself any favors by turning up late in camp. If the coach has any sense he will realize that both our Rbs (Aina and Ebuehi) can play the LB position better than Collins, then add Zaidu and his spot in the team is pointless. Stupid Rohr could not figure this out.

Shehu isn't helping himself either, even though he has powerful backers in the NFF.

I suspect he is done, I cannot see how any sane coach will make space for such a pointless player, especially with the likes of Lookman, Dennis, Osimehn, Ejaria added to the mix.

There is simply no room for passengers.
You are definitely the king of off-point yapping. Osimhen is not available, Dennis has other priorities while Lookman and Ejaria are not eligible to play for Nigeria. That not withstanding, which of the four players you named threaten Shehu’s position on the team in any way❓❗️

Cheers.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Lolly wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:54 pm
joao wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:11 am Seems like you have time trying to educate folks who care little about whether
the reasons behind their prejudices makes any sense. Please let them enjoy their
:clap: kpom. People forget how dedicated the guy has been to his country. Even now, it has been reported that he has a tragedy in his family and yet he is out there for country. He is our must accomplished goal scorer at the highest global competition. He was stripped of captainship but instead of sulking, he stayed dedicated. In my view, while his days in the SE are coming to a close, one has to acknowdge that he is a highly accomplished Nigerian footballer, like it or not. That is just FACT.
What has that got to do with his current form? Quick question, when did you last see Ahmed Musa put in a good performance for the eagles? Nobody cares if he us from the North....It has nothing to do with his form 8 years ago but all to do with his current form.
The away win against Cape Verde.
That was a good performance ? Based on what ?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

airwolex wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:34 pm I actually like Musa, but he shouldn't be in the team right now. I hope he doesn't have WC hopes
I like him too. He has been a good player and ambassador for our country. But he is definitely not in the best form to warrant being in the squad especially now that he is no more the captain. I hope this tournament is his send off unless he surprises us with very good performances on the pitch. He is where Yobo was in 2013 and Keshi in 1994 as captain and off form. Nothing to do with his ethnicity.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:53 pm
Yes it was a good performance. The full match is still on the FIFA YouTube website. Go and watch it again.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:36 pm
Gochino

Maybe you have not paid attention. Musa was being attacked even before the 2018 World Cup. You can do a quick search. Yet he came to the tournament and almost single handedly rescued us in a the game after a loss to Croatia. Yes, he may no longer be a game changer for us but recently take a look at our assist king data and see who leads it ahead of the hyped players that are on our team. It is befuddling. The guy deserves accolades for serving his country. We should be thanking him at this point of his career. What is the big deal that he has been included in a ream over 20 players?
Musa was being attacked before 2018 because he was crap before 2018. Just because he scored 2 goals IN AN OPEN GAME does not deny that.

I had made note, back then when he actually still had speed, that due to his poor decision making and passing ability he was only effective playing for us when we could use a counter attacking strategy that allowed him space to operate. And low and behold that is how he scored those goals, against an Iceland team that had to attack us and get 3 points.

There is a reason Musa has always been crap playing against African teams that sit back. He lacks the technical abilities and his passing is piss poor. These lack of qualities are exposed badly when space is at a premium with teams defending in numbers.

Remember even when Keshi won the nation's cup in 2013, Musa played a very tiny role if any at all in our success. He was poor in that tournament as well. He also didn't do much in Egypt.

The guy has been consistently poor for half a decade, and every now and then he would do something positive mainly based on his speed which he no longer has.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Lolly wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:02 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:53 pm
Yes it was a good performance. The full match is still on the FIFA YouTube website. Go and watch it again.
I just rewatched it weeks ago.

There was nothing good about that performance. Average would even be giving him credit.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:42 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:43 am
bret- hart wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:34 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:06 am The selfishness and entitlement of these older players.

Ighalo has lost us a spot on the team that could have gone to a youngster like Amoo.

Musa has already broken the records after being coddled like a spoiled child by the NFF, and it's still not enough.

Does the guy not realize that football has left him ? The coach should just finish him and tell him he is just here for the ride, so he should find the most comfortable seat on the bench.

I've had enough of watching this wastepipe for al.ost half a decade. Enough is enough.
I was going to blast Misses Ighalo as well. We lost a spot that could have gone to Amoo because that agbaya didnt inform the NFF on time that his Al Queda run team dont want to release him. Selfish useless player on and off the pitch. I hope the new coach cleans house post AFCON and get rid of both of them along with Shehu, Collins Noble and Akpeyi.
Collins ain't doing himself any favors by turning up late in camp. If the coach has any sense he will realize that both our Rbs (Aina and Ebuehi) can play the LB position better than Collins, then add Zaidu and his spot in the team is pointless. Stupid Rohr could not figure this out.

Shehu isn't helping himself either, even though he has powerful backers in the NFF.

I suspect he is done, I cannot see how any sane coach will make space for such a pointless player, especially with the likes of Lookman, Dennis, Osimehn, Ejaria added to the mix.

There is simply no room for passengers.
You are definitely the king of off-point yapping. Osimhen is not available, Dennis has other priorities while Lookman and Ejaria are not eligible to play for Nigeria. That not withstanding, which of the four players you named threaten Shehu’s position on the team in any way❓❗️

Cheers.
Shehu is a midfielder so Ejaria can definately take his spot.

Besides it doesn't need to be a direct replacement to take his spot, but in that regards

Alhassan Yusuf
Obinna Nwobodo
Onyedika

All offer us more.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:56 am Don't mind these clowns who do not even have the debating skills of a cow.

Nobody attacks Zaidu.

People have been calling for Sadiq and Alhassan Yusuf, but this clown thinks we don't like Musa because he is Muslim or "from the north"

Look when Ahmed Musa came on the scene he was dope. I loved him in that U20 world cup. He was great for Nigeria from around 2012 to 2016. Thing is Nigeria had nowhere near the amount of depth we have now back then so Musas spot on the team was always justified even though he peaked and never really improved to become the player we hoped

He was a counter attacking player who relied on speed and space. Was never a highly technical guy but he had his place.

It is now that SE has so much depth that he has become a passenger and an impediment to our team. He was constantly killing attacks even 4 or 5 years ago, couldn't make simple passes.

Now he doesn't even have the speed that use to make him deadly.

HE IS A DEAD WEIGHT TAKING THE POSITION OF MORE DESERVING PLAYERS. An absolute wastepipe at this point in his career. By force the crooks must ram him down our throats and pollute our team with his uselessness.

I no go stand for that rubbish.

Musa is a waste of a player. It has NOTHING to do with his ethnicity, religion, or region.

He is a certified WASTEPIPE.

vancity eagle
I am beginning to think this Northern quota on the first 11 is a real possiblity.

this feckless coach has forced Shehu Abdullahi upon us for so long, when it was apparent that Ebuehi was far better.

Now that it seems Shehu WILL FINALLY be replaced for Ebuehi, all of a sudden in comes "chicken head" Ahmed Musa to apparently take the place of our most creative player. Northern quota satisfied.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=289386&p=5270417&hi ... a#p5270417

vancity eagle
I honestly do not think Rohr has full control any more.

Musa and Shehu make me think the whole "federal character quota" is being enacted.

There is simply no excuse for either player to be called.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=304328&p=5670381&hi ... a#p5670381

vancity eagle
The tribal thing may play a part, but I dont think it's that simple, or else why haven't they forced Sadiq Umar and Alhassan Yusuf on to the team. 2 northerners who actually deserve to be in the team.

I think Musa and Shehu are more than simply "northern quota" I think they have connections that Sadiq and Alhassan do not have.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=306201&p=5707832&hi ... a#p5707832

vancity eagle
5. Misguided Priorities from the NFF - It seems that the priority for the NFF is not for SE to succeed but rather to enact various "quota system" policies, to make sure that "favored" SE players remain entrenched in the team when there are far better players missing from the team. Yes I am talking about Ahmed Musa, Odion Ighalo, and Shehu Abdullahi. All passengers with connections above keeping out more deserving players. These type of actions show that the NFF are not serious about winning at all.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=306761&p=5720160&hi ... a#p5720160
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

fabio wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:23 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:56 am Don't mind these clowns who do not even have the debating skills of a cow.

Nobody attacks Zaidu.

People have been calling for Sadiq and Alhassan Yusuf, but this clown thinks we don't like Musa because he is Muslim or "from the north"

Look when Ahmed Musa came on the scene he was dope. I loved him in that U20 world cup. He was great for Nigeria from around 2012 to 2016. Thing is Nigeria had nowhere near the amount of depth we have now back then so Musas spot on the team was always justified even though he peaked and never really improved to become the player we hoped

He was a counter attacking player who relied on speed and space. Was never a highly technical guy but he had his place.

It is now that SE has so much depth that he has become a passenger and an impediment to our team. He was constantly killing attacks even 4 or 5 years ago, couldn't make simple passes.

Now he doesn't even have the speed that use to make him deadly.

HE IS A DEAD WEIGHT TAKING THE POSITION OF MORE DESERVING PLAYERS. An absolute wastepipe at this point in his career. By force the crooks must ram him down our throats and pollute our team with his uselessness.

I no go stand for that rubbish.

Musa is a waste of a player. It has NOTHING to do with his ethnicity, religion, or region.

He is a certified WASTEPIPE.

vancity eagle
I am beginning to think this Northern quota on the first 11 is a real possiblity.

this feckless coach has forced Shehu Abdullahi upon us for so long, when it was apparent that Ebuehi was far better.

Now that it seems Shehu WILL FINALLY be replaced for Ebuehi, all of a sudden in comes "chicken head" Ahmed Musa to apparently take the place of our most creative player. Northern quota satisfied.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=289386&p=5270417&hi ... a#p5270417

vancity eagle
I honestly do not think Rohr has full control any more.

Musa and Shehu make me think the whole "federal character quota" is being enacted.

There is simply no excuse for either player to be called.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=304328&p=5670381&hi ... a#p5670381

vancity eagle
The tribal thing may play a part, but I dont think it's that simple, or else why haven't they forced Sadiq Umar and Alhassan Yusuf on to the team. 2 northerners who actually deserve to be in the team.

I think Musa and Shehu are more than simply "northern quota" I think they have connections that Sadiq and Alhassan do not have.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=306201&p=5707832&hi ... a#p5707832

vancity eagle
5. Misguided Priorities from the NFF - It seems that the priority for the NFF is not for SE to succeed but rather to enact various "quota system" policies, to make sure that "favored" SE players remain entrenched in the team when there are far better players missing from the team. Yes I am talking about Ahmed Musa, Odion Ighalo, and Shehu Abdullahi. All passengers with connections above keeping out more deserving players. These type of actions show that the NFF are not serious about winning at all.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=306761&p=5720160&hi ... a#p5720160
Shocking!!!!!!

Does anyone know where Vancity Eagle lives? Some abokis would like to pay him a visit.

gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Gochino

Before the 2018 world cup he was at Leicester, demoted to their u23 team and wasn't even making their bench but was always making the eagles squad and playing games. Was that fair? Why wouldn’t he be attacked.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

gochino wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:59 pm
Gochino

Before the 2018 world cup he was at Leicester, demoted to their u23 team and wasn't even making their bench but was always making the eagles squad and playing games. Was that fair? Why wouldn’t he be attacked.
Who cares? I frankly don't care about what one does at Leicester or Zamfara. I have stated so severally. Those mean diddly when playing for Nigeria. All those playing there what did they do at the world's biggest tournament?

Always note that this is about the Super Eagles of Nigeria and not about Leicester so some European club football. It is about what you have done in the GWG. There are numerous players who are explosive with their clubs and implode for national team. Our discussion is about performance for N I geria and Leicester is not Nigeria. I really care absolutely zero about Leicester
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:01 pm
gochino wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:59 pm
Gochino

Who cares? I frankly don't care about what one does at Leicester or Zamfara. I have stated so severally. Those mean diddly when playing for Nigeria. All those playing there what did they do at the world's biggest tournament?

Always note that this is about the Super Eagles of Nigeria and not about Leicester so some European club football. It is about what you have done in the GWG. There are numerous players who are explosive with their clubs and implode for national team. Our discussion is about performance for N I geria and Leicester is not Nigeria. I really care absolutely zero about Leicester
But Musa had not done diddly squat for Nigeria IN YEARS. YES YEARS.

People have asked "When last did Musa have a good game for SE?"

Lolly said Cape Verde away, but I asked him what exactly Musa did in that match for it to be termed "a good game"

Please somebody come and tell me the last time Musa had a good game, and that means ABOVE AVERAGE, and break it down, why exactly it was an ABOVE AVERAGE GAME. As in what did he do ? Did he create chances ? Did he score ? Did he display quality ball control ? technique ? shooting ability ? Please somebody come and tell me because I have been watching SE religiously for decades and I can tell you that probably Musa's last above average game for SE was Iceland ALMOST 4 YEARS AGO.