Nigeria 🇳🇬 vs Egypt 🇪🇬 Predictions

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 🇳🇬 vs Egypt 🇪🇬 Predictions

Post by Tbite »

As far as scores go, this is the best I can do.

There won't be more than 4 goals scored in the match. The win margin will be within 2 goals. I.e. if there is a win, it will be by 1 or 2 goals. It will not be a scoreless draw, though 1-1 is possible.

I.e. I am predicting a relatively tight contest. It will boil down to a stupid mistake from a defender. Somebody like Troost making a bone headed play or someone on the Egyptian side failing to clear their lines. It will not be a footballing masterclass. It will be part brilliance, part stupidity.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

fabio wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:50 pm
aruako1 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:32 pm It is not enough to "know" that "some" or "most" coaches are "corrupt" to call an individual local coach corrupt. I am very particular about this issue because at my former company, my nomination for Head of Africa was questioned because a Nigerian did something in the past. The guy who was favoured by the "questioners" was European and several people from his country had been fired for dodgy dealings. It didn't affect him as an individual, but could have cost me the role. I was lucky that my manager insisted on me.

I hate corruption and what it does to our football. However, smearing people based on their nationality without evidence is wrong. I have probably been guilty of it sometimes with our politicians but it doesn't make it right.
My Wife had similar experience. She was the best in the interview process. They asked for another round of interview, she was the best again. Her Manager, Kenyan, put his foot down and hired her.

Only to find out after employment, one oga said they can't trust Nigerians with procurement, the said Oga is now her padi.
Don’t mean to rain on your parade but how does a candidate know that he/she was the best in the interview process? Even if it was suggested to her by a particular interviewer, different interviewers tend to have different preferences. I’m betting that, typically, a number of candidates will come away from an interview feeling extremely good about themselves. That hardly means that any particular one of them was the best in the interview process❗️

Cheers.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:38 am Don’t mean to rain on your parade but how does a candidate know that he/she was the best in the interview process? Even if it was suggested to her by a particular interviewer, different interviewers tend to have different preferences. I’m betting that, typically, a number of candidates will come away from an interview feeling extremely good about themselves. That hardly means that any particular one of them was the best in the interview process❗️

Cheers.
oga Tiger killer no vex! Na her oga tell her sey she be the best for interview, which was collaborated with other interview board members.

The organisation in question, uses a scoring formula and she was an external candidate. She was the best based on competencies used at the interview, not, feelings, or emotions etc!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

I have the game on tape delay...my prediction Egypt 0 Nigeria 1..:)
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

waka-man wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:07 pm 1-0 to Nigeria.
It will a tense, dire affair.
I got it right as usual
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.