Nigeria 🇳🇬 vs Egypt 🇪🇬 Predictions

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 🇳🇬 vs Egypt 🇪🇬 Predictions

Post by furiously frank »

Nigeria 0 Egypt 4
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

4-2 Nigeria win.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

furiously frank wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:30 am Nigeria 0 Egypt 4
Mods,

Would it be possible to arrange some kind of bet on the Nigeria vs Egypt predictions so that these doomsayers can put their money exactly where their mouth is❗️

Cheers.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Uncle FF, when was the last time any team beat Nigeria by such margin in a competitive game?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

1naija wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:33 am Uncle FF, when was the last time any team beat Nigeria by such margin in a competitive game?
There is always a first time for everything.
Who would have even imagined Brazil chopping seven lumps at home?
Just hoping our SE never gets disorganized and demoralized that much.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
doctoryinka
Egg
Egg

Post by doctoryinka »

Even Argentina with Messi didn't beat us with this margin!
JESUS IS LORD
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You do know that Egypt is a one man team right? We are the better team!! Believe that!
joao wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:11 am
1naija wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:33 am Uncle FF, when was the last time any team beat Nigeria by such margin in a competitive game?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Rohrists need to understand that Rohr is gone for good. Praying or hoping for the SuperEagles humiliation at AFCON so they can say “I told you so” isn’t going to bring Rohr back. Be patriots, let Rohr stay gone and support the SuperEagles❗️

Cheers.
visieC
Egg
Egg

Post by visieC »

Egypt 3 - Nigeria 1
visieC
Egg
Egg

Post by visieC »

Without Ohsimen...I am very worried.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

I kind of think that Osimhen sitting this tournament out is a blessing in disguise,
as this will allow the coaches have a feel for other capable strikers in order to
enhance team depth. If we can find one or two more potent strikers, that will
give the team a hydra-headed attack which can be difficult to stop.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

joao wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:32 am I kind of think that Osimhen sitting this tournament out is a blessing in disguise,
as this will allow the coaches have a feel for other capable strikers in order to
enhance team depth. If we can find one or two more potent strikers, that will
give the team a hydra-headed attack which can be difficult to stop.
“If we can find”? :rotf:
We have them already! Give them enough opportunity and they will prove it.
Osimhen was not guaranteed to be top scorer in the tournament any more than Awoniyi or even Sadiq might be.
And if they don’t, it won’t be an individual failing on their part.

We are blessed with top strikers regardless of the outcome and time will surely tell.
They will probably walk into virtually every other African squad no shakin.

Let’s just hope they prove it here and now.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

visieC wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:36 pm Without Ohsimen...I am very worried.
Understandable but unfounded.
I am confident that the drop in quality is minimal, if at all.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:29 am
Rohrists need to understand that Rohr is gone for good. Praying or hoping for the SuperEagles humiliation at AFCON so they can say “I told you so” isn’t going to bring Rohr back. Be patriots, let Rohr stay gone and support the SuperEagles❗️

Cheers.
Anyone predicting disaster for Nigeria is doing so out of an irrational fear, not a desire for an ‘I-told-you-so’ moment. You have bought into the silly argument that the support for Rohr was a “white love” or ‘WOWO’ thing and superseded support for the team. :rotf:

No way.
That was the anti-Rohr crowd projecting their own issues.
Some of them couldn’t even get over their personal dislike for that “white man” to allow them even enjoy a simple SE victory.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
If you didn’t see that, you weren’t paying attention.
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Our firepower in attack is quite superior to theirs as they are mostly Salah-reliant... it will be a close one and we should be ready for some heart-in-our-mouths moments with Salah doing his magic (we can cage Salah, but for how long?) all it takes is a lapse in concentration.
Too much watching of the PL is not good oh, what has Salah done for the pharaohs ?.
I remember the last WC the media was craving about Salah and he did nada even against a piss poor Saudi Arabia.
He is only capable of doing that his so called magic in his comfy zone "the PL"
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

chopachop wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:41 am
Our firepower in attack is quite superior to theirs as they are mostly Salah-reliant... it will be a close one and we should be ready for some heart-in-our-mouths moments with Salah doing his magic (we can cage Salah, but for how long?) all it takes is a lapse in concentration.
Too much watching of the PL is not good oh, what has Salah done for the pharaohs ?.
I remember the last WC the media was craving about Salah and he did nada even against a piss poor Saudi Arabia.
He is only capable of doing that his so called magic in his comfy zone "the PL"
If I’m not mistaken, he was extremely poor at the last AFCON too.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:32 am

Cheers.
Anyone predicting disaster for Nigeria is doing so out of an irrational fear, not a desire for an ‘I-told-you-so’ moment. You have bought into the silly argument that the support for Rohr was a “white love” or ‘WOWO’ thing and superseded support for the team. :rotf:

No way.
Some of them couldn’t even get over their personal dislike for that “white man” to allow them even enjoy a simple SE victory.
You can downplay the “WOWO” angle as much as you like but how come almost no one seems disconcerted at Pinnick’s move of replacing one mediocre white journeyman coach with another? From where I stand, there should have been plenty of outrage but all I see is resignation to the status quo. Amongst Nigerians, “white love” is very real and ultimately detrimental to the development of Nigerian football❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:33 am

Cheers.

No way.
You can downplay the “WOWO” angle as much as you like but how come almost no one seems disconcerted at Pinnick’s move of replacing one mediocre white journeyman coach with another? From where I stand, there should have been plenty of outrage but all I see is resignation to the status quo. Amongst Nigerians, “white love” is very real and ultimately detrimental to the development of Nigerian football❗️

Cheers.

There’s no downplaying of ‘WOWO’ going on. It is you lot that are blowing it out of proportion and probably feeling good about yourselves in the process. So there is nothing to “downplay”. It is largely a figment of your fertile imagination. :D

I and many others here supported Rohr, not because he was ‘white’ but because he was the national team coach. Apart from a couple, you might be surprised to find that those backing Rohr were also staunch backers of Keshi.
It seems too many had - and still have - extreme difficulty processing that simple fact. They’d rather ignore it and play up how, as “strong and proud black men”, they - unlike the ‘WOWOs’ - have much more self-esteem and ‘don’t-tolerate-nonsense-from-any-white-man-goddammit!’ :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

And as for those who criticize local coaches, again, it is not because the coaches are ‘not white’.
It is because they prefer not to pretend that there are no skeletons in the cupboard that have done untold damage to Nigerian football both on and off the field.

This place loves to push simplistic arguments simply to score cheap points which in reality are meaningless.
If you were to meet up with the real people behind the CE handles like some of us actually do, you’d find that all the silly labeling and mudslinging is totally baseless.

I guess it is one of the many reasons why we have lost some of the most vibrant members of the forum who really do not have time for all that ish.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:03 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:33 am

Cheers.

No way.

Cheers.

There’s no downplaying of ‘WOWO’ going on. It is you lot that are blowing it out of proportion and probably feeling good about yourselves in the process. So there is nothing to “downplay”. It is largely a figment of your fertile imagination. :D

I and many others here supported Rohr, not because he was ‘white’ but because he was the national team coach. Apart from a couple, you might be surprised to find that those backing Rohr were also staunch backers of Keshi.
It seems too many had - and still have - extreme difficulty processing that simple fact. They’d rather ignore it and play up how, as “strong and proud black men”, they - unlike the ‘WOWOs’ - have much more self-esteem and ‘don’t-tolerate-nonsense-from-any-white-man-goddammit!’ :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

And as for those who criticize local coaches, again, it is not because the coaches are ‘not white’.
It is because they prefer not to pretend that there are no skeletons in the cupboard that have done untold damage to Nigerian football both on and off the field.

This place loves to push simplistic arguments simply to score cheap points which in reality are meaningless.
If you were to meet up with the real people behind the CE handles like some of us actually do, you’d find that all the silly labeling and mudslinging is totally baseless.

I guess it is one of the many reasons why we have lost some of the most vibrant members of the forum who really do not have time for all that ish.
Well said! One of them even openly admitted on the forum that he's now attached to the SE again.
I am happy
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Cheers.
TTT, this has got nothing to do with Rohr….

I am happy that coward is gone but looking at what we have without Oshimen, Dennis, Okoye and the rest either injured or coming back from injury….Egu’s tactics…. :shock: During that practice game

Egypt is not a one man team….the are a collective of players that play regularly together, we look clobbered together….

Salah probably will be poor again but…..my team worries me
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Cheers.

No way.
Most of it was not a "dislike for that white man" but an exasperation with Rohr, especially in the latter stages. Many more have only called for local and foreign coaches to recieve the same treatment.

Look at the Iwuji case. When some thought he was put on the list by Eguavoen, they concluded that it was corruption by Eguavoen. When it turned out that Rohr was still manager when Iwuji was added, they went quiet or mumbled about NFF corruption. That is just one example.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:04 am

Cheers.

No way.
Most of it was not a "dislike for that white man" but an exasperation with Rohr, especially in the latter stages. Many more have only called for local and foreign coaches to recieve the same treatment.

Look at the Iwuji case. When some thought he was put on the list by Eguavoen, they concluded that it was corruption by Eguavoen. When it turned out that Rohr was still manager when Iwuji was added, they went quiet or mumbled about NFF corruption. That is just one example.
Guy, don’t take the fringe loonies as representative of the Rohr backers.
Those ones are regularly called out by both sides for their irrationality.

Difference however is that even moderates like yourself casually bring in the race factor as if it is the key point on which support for Rohr is built. And I don’t recall you or any other moderates challenging that popular slur slapped on anyone arguing in Rohr’s favor.

Have you noticed that no Rohr supporter has used the race factor to push their own argument?
Nothing could be easier than to accuse all the anti-Rohr vitriol as racist - or ‘reverse’ racism if you prefer that term.
But nobody has because it’s an emotional argument that has no basis - just like the WOWO thing.

Local coaches get scrutinized far more for corruption because they have been caught red handed and even officially sanctioned; or have been accused openly by ex-national players, or are known personally by some of us, myself included, to have made some funny backroom demands.

So you can’t bury all that under the carpet and expect us all to act as if all is well when questionable decisions are being made. There is a higher index of suspicion for Nigerian coaches, sadly.
For now, too many of our coaches have compromised themselves and have thereby forfeited being given the benefit of the doubt.
One bad apple….
In our case, many bad apples. :idea:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Cheers.
...never say never. Remember you are dealing with NFA that lov'em foreign, no matter how rotten things are.