Olise! Olise!! Olise!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Olise! Olise!! Olise!!!

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:43 am
maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:15 pm Funny thing is both he and Eze started and no one seems to care about Eze anymore, of the two he’s the most likely one that we could possibly get…
I think Eze is more talented and creative, he was even selected for the Euros but got injured. For some reason, coaches don't like these "over creative players" anymore. Viera hardly uses Eze these days. I don't see any of them opting for Naija, so we should just move on.
Guy, he is just returning from a ruptured archilles tendon!
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

gochino wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:44 am
airwolex wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:36 am
maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:15 pm Funny thing is both he and Eze started and no one seems to care about Eze anymore, of the two he’s the most likely one that we could possibly get…
I think Eze is more talented and creative, he was even selected for the Euros but got injured. For some reason, coaches don't like these "over creative players" anymore. Viera hardly uses Eze these days. I don't see any of them opting for Naija, so we should just move on.
Huh, he just came back from an injury
He recovered from the injury in November.
Patrick Vierra, November 2021:
“Obviously he’s a talented player but he’s still a long way to go from his best. We need to remind ourselves that he will need time to return to what he was because of the injury. He will get there.”
You might recall that Eze was initially predicted to fully recover ‘in the new year’.
Maybe that was a more accurate prediction after all.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Pinnick and his Waffiman approach is a guarantee of failure. The likes of JayJay and Kanu should talk to the lad.
I am happy
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:09 am Do you bowl?
Yes, medium pace with the occasional swing.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

fabio wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:21 pm
That's a 4 or 6 for me. I love medium pace bowlers and spinners. I use them to add to my runs! :lol:
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

He will get more PT as he recovers, but he more so than Olise actually shows his naija side and you can see him being able to integrate more than the Frenchie Olise who doesn’t appear to be in tune with his naija heritage at least from what he chooses to post on social media.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:36 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:29 pm
airwolex wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:21 pm Hmmmm just watched the highlights. The kids left leg is magic. A goal and an assist.
Dude is a baller I watched the match and he’s special. Let’s see who he ends up playing for.
If we can win AFCON it will be a draw for players to be a part of our set up. Especially if we qualify for WC, then people will naturally want to be a part of something positive.

If we crash out early it will just highlight the chaotic and unstable nature of our national team setup. They would want to stay away.

Rumors that he favored Algeria over us. Would them winning the 2019 AFCON have anything to do with that ?
So you think that FIFA will fast track them into a new National allegiance with 9 months to spare.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Dammy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:17 pm
That's a 4 or 6 for me. I love medium pace bowlers and spinners. I use them to add to my runs! :lol:
I'll be taking at least 28 an over from fabio.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

bushboy wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:57 pm Missing out on this lad might be even worse than missing out on Alaba!! The boy is top notch.
Do you actually miss something you never had?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Sources claiming that Manchester United are leading the race to sign him. I think Eze would be a better signing.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/ ... se-sources
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

wiseone wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:17 am Sources claiming that Manchester United are leading the race to sign him. I think Eze would be a better signing.

Brother, this should be in the world forum. They are NOT Nigerian players!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:07 pm
Dammy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:17 pm
I'll be taking at least 28 an over from fabio.

Was a fast bowler in Edo College. With a devilish spin too!!! :lol: :lol:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:32 am
wiseone wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:17 am Sources claiming that Manchester United are leading the race to sign him. I think Eze would be a better signing.

Relax.
As long as he is not yet a full international for any country AND remains an EPONI (Eligible Player of Nigerian Interest) then he still belongs here.
Don’t let it scratch you for bodi and definitely don’t lose any sleep over it!
It’s not that serious. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:08 pm

Relax.
As long as he is not yet a full international for any country AND remains an EPONI (Eligible Player of Nigerian Interest) then he still belongs here.
Gbam!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Relax.
Una no dey ever learn. If a player wants to play for you it shouldn't be a challenge or a guess work. It will be pretty straightforward .You remember Eze, Tammy Abraham, Tomori, Musiala etc?
Olise doesn't want to play for Nigeria. If you want to engage in mental masturbation about the possibility, please knock yourself out
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

highbury wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:46 pm

Relax.
Una no dey ever learn. If a player wants to play for you it shouldn't be a challenge or a guess work. It will be pretty straightforward .You remember Eze, Tammy Abraham, Tomori, Musiala etc?
Olise doesn't want to play for Nigeria. If you want to engage in mental masturbation about the possibility, please knock yourself out
Until he has played for another country, or you produce his citizenship renunciation certificate, he remains eligible to play for Nigeria, hence any post about him belongs on Eagles Nest. Personally, I don't care whether he plays for Nigeria or not. But discussions about his eligibility belongs here.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Relax.
Highbury,

I think that, psychologically, some of them may be close to considering Nigeria. Why? First, their no.1 option can never be Nigeria given lessons about socialization. Those lessons are yet to disappoint. However, because a few of those lads are headed towards the end of their football career without real opportunity elsewhere, Nigeria would now come into focus with the allure of consistent international appearances.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Just so you guys know, there are at least two England-capped players that are already having regrets for making the choices they made. Too late.
I have it on very good authority from a very credible source close to them.

You see, the younger a person is, the more gullible they are. We all get wise the more mature we get.
Recent studies are showing that the human brain is not fully developed until the mid 20s.

So in a sense, you can’t blame them. I know some really crazy things I did in my late teens and early twenties.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Enugu II wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:25 pm

Relax.
Highbury,

I think that, psychologically, some of them may be close to considering Nigeria. Why? First, their no.1 option can never be Nigeria given lessons about socialization. Those lessons are yet to disappoint. However, because a few of those lads are headed towards the end of their football career without real opportunity elsewhere, Nigeria would now come into focus with the allure of consistent international appearances.
Which one EII? I hear people hinting about certain players. Nothing concrete. We don't have these issues with Nigerian born players. The only player I recall hearing about is Chuba Akpom.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:53 pm Just so you guys know, there are at least two England-capped players that are already having regrets for making the choices they made. Too late.

You see, the younger a person is, the more gullible they are. We all get wise the more mature we get.
Recent studies are showing that the human brain is not fully developed until the mid 20s.

So in a sense, you can’t blame them. I know some really crazy things I did in my late teens and early twenties.
Damunk

It really should not be surprising and it isn't about wisdom per se. As a young player, at the height of your performance you think you are very good and that very confidence is what makes you good. Thus many think they can achieve the wish to play for their first choice. Unfortunately, it may not happen and as their career goes towards the end, the lure of international soccer makes them now think of Nigeria, their next option. Logical, it is difficult to see an occasion where a highly talented player in England will choose Nigeria over England. It just won't happen. The best way to get that to happen is to chase after them very early when England is not even an option and then hope that they will agree and later blossom.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:11 am
Damunk wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:53 pm Just so you guys know, there are at least two England-capped players that are already having regrets for making the choices they made. Too late.

Damunk

It really should not be surprising and it isn't about wisdom per se. As a young player, at the height of your performance you think you are very good and that very confidence is what makes you good. Thus many think they can achieve the wish to play for their first choice. Unfortunately, it may not happen and as their career goes towards the end, the lure of international soccer makes them now think of Nigeria, their next option. Logical, it is difficult to see an occasion where a highly talented player in England will choose Nigeria over England. It just won't happen. The best way to get that to happen is to chase after them very early when England is not even an option and then hope that they will agree and later blossom.
Prof it’s always a mix of several factors and there’s no one way.
All I know is that as a young man in your early twenties with ‘the world at your feet’, it’s a heady cocktail which can be hard to manage. Thinking about your medium to long term future can be a real challenge and like a child in a sweet shop, you are more likely to grab at the more obvious things right under your nose.

A few years later - and not necessarily as your career is “coming to an end” - you might be in a more rational position to analyse the same scenario you did a few years earlier and you could come to a far more mature and often different decision.
There aren’t many situations in life that force you at such a young, under the pressure of time and in the public space to make such a far reaching, irrevocable decision as choosing a ‘football nationality’.

Not getting married, or buying your first house, having a kid or even signing for a club. If I had had the kind of fame and fortune at 22 that some of these young footballers have, only God knows what I would have done with my life.
It’s quite peculiar.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:22 am

Damunk

All I know is that as a young man in your early twenties with ‘the world at your feet’, it’s a heady cocktail which can be hard to manage. Thinking about your medium to long term future can be a real challenge and like a child in a sweet shop, you are more likely to grab at the more obvious things right under your nose.

A few years later - and not necessarily as your career is “coming to an end” - you might be in a more rational position to analyse the same scenario you did a few years earlier and you could come to a far more mature and often different decision.
There aren’t many situations in life that force you at such a young, under the pressure of time and in the public space to make such a far reaching, irrevocable decision as choosing a ‘football nationality’.

Not getting married, or buying your first house, having a kid or even signing for a club. If I had had the kind of fame and fortune at 22 that some of these young footballers have, only God knows what I would have done with my life.
It’s quite peculiar.
Damunk

Sure that it doesn't have to be at end of one's career that the realization sets in. The key is that it can set in but it explains why top talents born in places like UK do not often choose Nigeria first.

For me, I always wonder why some of these lads do not file a class suit against FIFA. The rule is ripe for a challenge. Why is it that dual citizenship and multiple passports exist yet FIFA continues to insist on "one country" attachment? I hope that a class may one day challenge its legality.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 7:44 am
Damunk wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:22 am

Damunk

It’s quite peculiar.
Damunk

Sure that it doesn't have to be at end of one's career that the realization sets in. The key is that it can set in but it explains why top talents born in places like UK do not often choose Nigeria first.

For me, I always wonder why some of these lads do not file a class suit against FIFA. The rule is ripe for a challenge. Why is it that dual citizenship and multiple passports exist yet FIFA continues to insist on "one country" attachment? I hope that a class may one day challenge its legality.
Actually, that’s a good idea.
FIFA sees itself as unchallengeable, but it shouldn’t be the case.
In a world in which it now seems acceptable to change your gender to allow you compete in a less competitive environment (and I doubt FIFA is complaining right now, nor will they be any time soon), it boggles the mind why a player cannot do something as innocent as change nationalities.

Anyway, I suspect the age limit will be raised to something like 25 in the near future, because the very thing FIFA is trying to prevent in very young gullible players is still happening to slightly older players for whom at the moment, there is no going back.