Emir's disease is becoming contagious, is it a good thing?...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Emir's disease is becoming contagious, is it a good thing?...

Post by Enugu II »

Emir Kongi's disease has become a contagious one and I wonder if you have contracted it and is it really a good thing? With just a few days to the AFCON, there is now pervasive fear and trepidation. I am just wondering how many people has this dangerous disease infected? How are you coping? I feel if I do not have a long walk everyday that my mind could go bonkers. I have not felt like this for along time. I had been detached from the national team for a period. By this I mean, not as attached to it as I had been for years. But the attached has returned and at a dangerous level.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Emir's decease is becoming contagious, is it a good thing?...

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:59 pm Emir Kongi's disease has become a contagious one and I wonder if you have contracted it and is it really a good thing? With just a few days to the AFCON, there is now pervasive fear and trepidation. I am just wondering how many people has this dangerous disease infected? How are you coping? I feel if I do not have a long walk everyday that my mind could go bonkers. I have not felt like this for along time. I had been detached from the national team for a period. By this I mean, not as attached to it as I had been for years. But the attached has returned and at a dangerous level.
I understand your predicament bro. You just confirmed that your support for the SE is conditional based on whether the coach is local or foreign.
You are now attached when Eguavoen is in charge but when Peseiro takes over, your detachment returns. What a great fan of the SE you are! :lol: :lol:
I am happy
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

It shows we are winning the tournament.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:59 pm Emir Kongi's disease has become a contagious one and I wonder if you have contracted it and is it really a good thing? With just a few days to the AFCON, there is now pervasive fear and trepidation. I am just wondering how many people has this dangerous disease infected? How are you coping? I feel if I do not have a long walk everyday that my mind could go bonkers. I have not felt like this for along time. I had been detached from the national team for a period. By this I mean, not as attached to it as I had been for years. But the attached has returned and at a dangerous level.
I suspect that if a survey were to be done, you’d find evidence of the following:

1. Those that were against changing Rohr at this time are more relaxed.
Why?
Because they now have little to lose and as much as they might be tempted into a self-congratulatory ‘I-told-you-so’ attitude should things go wrong for the team, they’ve also got the option of being wrong themselves, which means the team does great despite their misgivings. That success overrides everything else.
So in a sense, it’s a win-win for them.

2. Those in favour of getting rid of Rohr when we did are now a little more stressed than usual.
Why?
Because they’ve forced a change many argued was ill-advised and now they have to look the tiger in the eye.
SE succeed and everyone is happy. There’s a double victory for them because they can legitimately claim ‘We-told-you-so’ :rotf:
If things go wrong however, they’ll have a hard time defending the arrows coming their way from those that told them it was a terrible decision. Add that to the pain of failure and you can see why they might be having a harder time right now.

They say the heart never lies.
So what is your heart telling YOU?

Be honest.

I suspect KONGI is shaking much less this time around than he usually does. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I’m nervous.
We’ve gone with a wonky selection especially at centre back and defensive midfield. And Nwakali has no business in our national team. It’s a head scratcher.
But we still have a better squad than most.
For which, we owe Herr Rohr a debt of gratitude.
But Eguavon is better than Rohr, at least in this moment.
And I still think we have a small chance of winning the whole thing.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

waka-man wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:40 pm I’m nervous.
We’ve gone with a wonky selection especially at centre back and defensive midfield. And Nwakali has no business in our national team. It’s a head scratcher.
Nwakali has no business in the NT on what basis? Let the young man prove his mettle on the green grass and stop this premature mudslinging abeg.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This next one will be a new variant of monumental shaking :scared: :scared: :scared: At this point the score no blow matter, no be Egyot go finish me Lai Lai, ifa oni gba fun won. :scared: :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Emir’s “decease”. A beg title worrisome. Emir is posting and very much alive :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I think that unless covid strikes we are okay in those areas. In cd we have Ekong, Omeruo, Ajayi and Ndah. Not great but adequate. In defensive midfield we have Ndidi, Onyeka and Ajayi again.

Of course, with injuries, suspensions and covid things could go south.

I have a feeling nearly all the squad will get some playong time this Afcon.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

airwolex wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:14 pm
I think that unless covid strikes we are okay in those areas. In cd we have Ekong, Omeruo, Ajayi and Ndah. Not great but adequate. In defensive midfield we have Ndidi, Onyeka and Ajayi again.

Of course, with injuries, suspensions and covid things could go south.

I have a feeling nearly all the squad will get some playong time this Afcon.
It's actually 5 CD's, you've missed out Awaziem, but not one is left-sided. Ajayi and Omeruo can sort of do it, but not naturally.
We really do have only one defensive midfield. Onyeka is a CM. Ajayi is a CD. They can do it, but it's not ideal.
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:58 pm
Nwakali has no business in the NT on what basis? Let the young man prove his mettle on the green grass and stop this premature mudslinging abeg.
On the basis of his career to date. Players are not picked on nothing. He has done nothing that says he should be in our NT. Nothing. We've had too many Hey Yous over the years and it's sad to see that happen again.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:26 pmI suspect that if a survey were to be done, you’d find evidence of the following:

Why?
Because they now have little to lose and as much as they might be tempted into a self-congratulatory ‘I-told-you-so’ attitude should things go wrong for the team, they’ve also got the option of being wrong themselves, which means the team does great despite their misgivings. That success overrides everything else.

2. Those in favour of getting rid of Rohr when we did are now a little more stressed than usual.
Why?
Because they’ve forced a change many argued was ill-advised and now they have to look the tiger in the eye.
SE succeed and everyone is happy. There’s a double victory for them because they can legitimately claim ‘We-told-you-so’ :rotf:
If things go wrong however, they’ll have a hard time defending the arrows coming their way from those that told them it was a terrible decision. Add that to the pain of failure and you can see why they might be having a harder time right now.

Be honest.

I suspect KONGI is shaking much less this time around than he usually does. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I wanted Rohr gone. I'm relaxed. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:34 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:26 pmI suspect that if a survey were to be done, you’d find evidence of the following:

Why?

Why?

Be honest.

I wanted Rohr gone. I'm relaxed. :D
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: likewise
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:26 pm
I suspect that if a survey were to be done, you’d find evidence of the following:

Why?

Why?

Be honest.

You might be right, for some reason I’m not stressed, whatever happens happens, I’m not expecting any miracles given what’s happened with the coach change and shoddy preparations. Though I do think we fortunately stumbled on a good group of players that can do the country proud, but shouldn’t be crucified if they don’t get the requisite luck with Covid and injuries. Someone like an Olayinka who might not be the most high profile but is a player that feels lucky to be here, doesn’t take his position lightly and will be super committed and give his all. That’s all we can ask, let’s see how it goes and support them.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Why?

Why?

Be honest.

Damunk

I am not relaxed but I believe is because we have an opportunity to win but it will be challenging.

Under Rohr, I was relaxed because there was little or no anxiety but I felt I was on the point of low expectations and nothing to look forward to.

Now, I am excited but really understanding that it ain't going to be easy. Tension has risen to a point why it used to be when I followed the NT very very closely. Explosive!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Why?

Why?

Be honest.

...I am of that school.
Win lose or draw no make any difference at this point.
I suspect Salah may flop, wanting 3 and out so he can go back to his real world of Liverpool,same with his compadre Mane, and most epl none bench warmers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I actually do not believe that most of us will be bothered about Rohr in particular and certainly not at this point. Rohr is not bigger than Nigeria. I do not lose a second of sleep over Rohr. It is mostly about confidence in the team's play. I do accept that the play does depend on a manager but I believe the team ultimately supercedes that.

My confidence was shaken in recent results but has been significantly resurrected and I hope that I am not living in a fool's hope. The recent report that the team was playing in a high paced mode was very refreshing although the same report indicated that the intensity lowered in the second half. What usnt clear is whether the intensity lowered because of personnel changes or it was the team losing focus on manager's demands.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:07 pm I actually do not believe that most of us will be bothered about Rohr in particular and certainly not at this point. Rohr is not bigger than Nigeria. I do not lose a second of sleep over Rohr. It is mostly about confidence in the team's play. I do accept that the play does depend on a manager but I believe the team ultimately supercedes that.

My confidence was shaken in recent results but has been significantly resurrected and I hope that I am not living in a fool's hope. The recent report that the team was playing in a high paced mode was very refreshing although the same report indicated that the intensity lowered in the second half. What usnt clear is whether the intensity lowered because of personnel changes or it was the team losing focus on manager's demands.
Prof, not many are still thinking of Rohr.
It’s about the team.
Rohr is now history.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:54 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:07 pm I actually do not believe that most of us will be bothered about Rohr in particular and certainly not at this point. Rohr is not bigger than Nigeria. I do not lose a second of sleep over Rohr. It is mostly about confidence in the team's play. I do accept that the play does depend on a manager but I believe the team ultimately supercedes that.

Prof, not many are still thinking of Rohr.
It’s about the team.
Rohr is now history.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Oga, all this tory wey u write na just anoda way to say u don begin dey shake. :laugh: :laugh: only u can k leg shaking. No hala, wait till gameday, una no go fit type dat day. Shaking is real! :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:38 am

Oga, all this tory wey u write na just anoda way to say u don begin dey shake. :laugh: :laugh: only u can k leg shaking. No hala, wait till gameday, una no go fit type dat day. Shaking is real! :laugh:
Ol boy I no go lie the shaking na wahala ooo.
Baii
Egg
Egg
Re: Emir's disease is becoming contagious, is it a good thing?...

Post by Baii »

On the green grass “Green White Green” shall prevail.
And all will say
Amiii

This is why we are fans 😂😂😂
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Emir's disease is becoming contagious, is it a good thing?...

Post by Tobi17 »

The only shaking I'll be doing come Tuesday will be the fresh palm wine I just got from this amazing Nigerian restaurant close to me, you know... gotta SHAKE that bad boy well to allow the residues of the palmy settle down well... after which I'll pour myself a glass to celebrate our win over Egypt