We are Witnessing a WATERSHED for the Respect of the AFCON....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: We are Witnessing a WATERSHED for the Respect of the AFCON....

Post by vancity eagle »

Imagine all of you telling your employers you are going to stop working for a month during a crucial work period, AND STILL GET PAID, then cry racism when your employers are not happy.

Grow up people.

Afcon is the only competition that does this.

Concacaf, Conmebol, and UEfa all have their tournaments in the euro off season. The world cup is in the off season.

But for some reason Africans think they are special.

If African and European football had absolutely nothing to do with each other ie (no African players play in europe) then fine. But you cannot just show no desire to cooperate and cry racism when people complain. Just juvenile and immature.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:17 pm Imagine all of you telling your employers you are going to stop working for a month during a crucial work period, AND STILL GET PAID, then cry racism when your employers are not happy.

Grow up people.

Concacaf, Conmebol, and UEfa all have their tournaments in the euro off season. The world cup is in the off season.

If African and European football had absolutely nothing to do with each other ie (no African players play in europe) then fine. But you cannot just show no desire to cooperate and cry racism when people complain. Just juvenile and immature.
If my employers understand at the start of my employment that I have an obligation to play for my country they will not mind. Spurs did not ask Korea to cancel its military service requirements because they stood yo lose Son did they?

On this thread the only one crying is you. Africans have asked for a FIFA calendar that considers its own peculiarities, not just that of Europe.

I hope you condemned all the European fans that protested against the Super League. After all it is all about who pays who. Those fans must think they are special.

In any case you can keep moaning. Africa will keep on doing its thing.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Weather is one of the considerations. In the European off season, it tends to coincide with the wet season for most parts of the continent.

It is time that Africa began to assert itself. Look at China - Any fem from Europe and dem go flex. Why do they always have to dictate the weather?
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:17 pm Imagine all of you telling your employers you are going to stop working for a month during a crucial work period, AND STILL GET PAID, then cry racism when your employers are not happy.

Grow up people.

Just go away with your master's view. Go as eat his excrement as you love to do
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

aruako1 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:30 pm

Grow up people.

If my employers understand at the start of my employment that I have an obligation to play for my country they will not mind. Spurs did not ask Korea to cancel its military service requirements because they stood yo lose Son did they?

On this thread the only one crying is you. Africans have asked for a FIFA calendar that considers its own peculiarities, not just that of Europe.

I hope you condemned all the European fans that protested against the Super League. After all it is all about who pays who. Those fans must think they are special.

Aruako, let me tell you what employers would do. Your salary offer would be lower compared to other similar workers that don’t have this requirement. The total number of employment opportunities available to you would also be lower than that for comparably skilled workers.

“They will not mind” in that they won’t necessarily throw a temper tantrum. But if you think they wouldn’t adjust to your reality, you’re kidding.

The only way you overcome such realities is if you’re exceptional. And African players really ain’t exceptional. So who are we hurting here?
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

cchinukw wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:43 pm Weather is one of the considerations. In the European off season, it tends to coincide with the wet season for most parts of the continent.

It is time that Africa began to assert itself. Look at China - Any fem from Europe and dem go flex. Why do they always have to dictate the weather?
China’s GDP is equivalent to the GDP of all of Europe.

Flex no be by mouth. It’s about raw power that Africa does not have. Football wise, our leagues are shambles. On the national team stage, we rarely get out of the 2nd round. Commercially, we contribute little…our companies are not global football sponsors. Our fans don’t have the economic power that the big global sponsors really seek in a customer base.

So please, let us not fool ourselves into thinking this Afcon date thing isn’t hurting our players. It is
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

deanotito wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:52 pm
aruako1 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:30 pm

Grow up people.

Aruako, let me tell you what employers would do. Your salary offer would be lower compared to other similar workers that don’t have this requirement. The total number of employment opportunities available to you would also be lower than that for comparably skilled workers.

“They will not mind” in that they won’t necessarily throw a temper tantrum. But if you think they wouldn’t adjust to your reality, you’re kidding.

The only way you overcome such realities is if you’re exceptional. And African players really ain’t exceptional. So who are we hurting here?
That is not my experience in my field. People also have to go off for jury duty. Even if it were the case would it not make sense to find a harmonised solution than to insist that only one side budges?

European based players are important but they are not the only consideration for AFCON scheduling. The vast majority of fans are happy with the scheduling- don't their views matter?

Again, I ask - why can't Europe compromise with a winter break? Why does Africa have to be the only ones to compromise?
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

This is not Europe v Africa it is Club v country issue…

FIFA certified the dates to accommodate other tournaments…

The clubs are the ones pulling this crrap, I didn’t hear the premier league complaining…despite Liverpool losing at least 3 great players and other teams…it is Watford!! WATFORD ffs….

I didn’t hear Germany/ Spain or France complain….?

We don’t have the organization and leadership needed to over promote the event and make it bigger than what it is but the release of players…..SHOULD NOT BE QUESTIONED PERIOD….

The event has already been moved to the summer this event is purely due to Covid
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Enyi wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:52 am This is not Europe v Africa it is Club v country issue…

The clubs are the ones pulling this crrap, I didn’t hear the premier league complaining…despite Liverpool losing at least 3 great players and other teams…it is Watford!! WATFORD ffs….

We don’t have the organization and leadership needed to over promote the event and make it bigger than what it is but the release of players…..SHOULD NOT BE QUESTIONED PERIOD….

The event has already been moved to the summer this event is purely due to Covid
But didn’t Infantino just say the other week that Afcon date is problematic?
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

deanotito wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:11 pm
Enyi wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:52 am This is not Europe v Africa it is Club v country issue…

He said it and what did our “leaders” do? Nothing.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Enyi wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:08 pm

And they didn't cause they are relatively powerless. Africans can insist on holding the Afcon at this time - as they have for generations - but if you think it doesn't hurt our players, you're kidding
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

deanotito wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:54 pm
Enyi wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:08 pm

And they didn't cause they are relatively powerless. Africans can insist on holding the Afcon at this time - as they have for generations - but if you think it doesn't hurt our players, you're kidding
It may or may not hurt the players and that’s the least of our worries…..

Main worry is that you and the heads of FA and CAF think they are powerless…..

FIFA and UEFA are always clashing…..the deciding factor/power is CAF…..

That’s why Infantino made sure he had their support before hand…the next question is what did CAF or African Football get out of it? NOTHING…they probably said YES with a SIR at the end….

Until we understand the power we hold and how to use it to enrich the stakeholders ie National teams and the players…we will always be looked down upon…

Remember, if you treat yourself like a rag….EVERYONE will mop the floor with you.

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

tippy
Egg
Egg

Post by tippy »

I think the issue is that it's every two years. After all the Asian Cup is also in january but is every four years. So if you sign a player for 4 years, you'll be without them for a month inside the season twice over the course of the contract.

However, i don't really have much sympathy for the clubs. They know this is the case when they sign African players. They benefit from the low transfer fees and often times low wages.
My usual reaction after most Arsenal games: "lol, f*** Arsenal."
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Can I just say….who does marketing for this AFCON? You have a game that involves Nigerians and Salah’s Egypt and is being shown SKY and BBC and they couldn’t sell advertising boards for the stadium…. Not a single one….

What is wrong with these ppl???

-Martin Luther King- Jr.