SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by Lolly »

Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:02 am
Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:41 am
naijaguy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:44 am Lol. All of you leaving Omeruo out will be shocked today. He'll most likely start alongside Ekong in defence. Awaziem will sit on the bench.
Thank you sir. Peope don’t appreciate Omeruo enough. Two world cups and one AFCON. How do you ignore such experience in a position that requires experience the most?
you and experience.... you will bring back JJ if given the chance.....
I don't blame you. I would expect a "fan" to know the big difference between an experienced active player and a retired player. But I wouldn't be too surprised if you don't. Some fans wouldn't. And most fans have never played competitive football in their lives, so they can't understand when people talk about the importance of using experienced players in certain positions. No vex.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:23 pm Knowing Egu, Omeruo, Musa, Iheanacho will start and that's Egu panicking
Maybe he knows more than you, as someone who has played, coached and managed at the highest level. There is an intelligence to football. It not feelings and what you watch on TV.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

gochino wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:55 am
naijaguy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:44 am Lol. All of you leaving Omeruo out will be shocked today. He'll most likely start alongside Ekong in defence. Awaziem will sit on the bench.
Thank you sir. Peope don’t appreciate Omeruo enough. Two world cups and one AFCON. How do you ignore such experience in a position that requires experience the most?
It's actually two Afcons, this will be his third, but despite the experience, that guy is too shaky when it matters most, he was at his best during the Keshi era, before he had that shoulder injury at the confederations cup.
Yes Omueruo is shaky but the same can be said of the other guys in contention - Awaziem and Ajayi. All three are prone to mistakes but Omeruo has tournament experience and has performed well in all the tournaments he has played. You can't ignore that advantage especially in central defence.

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Omeruo is fairly good and experienced but we know from the 2018 World Cup that he is not an exceptional man marker; got hopelessly burnt by Messi. Salah is the same caliber attacker as Messi and we’re gonna need a defender who can key in on Salah❗️

Cheers.
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

4-3-3

Okoye
Aina, Ekong, Awaziem/Omeruo, Sanusi
Onyeka, Aribo, Ndidi
Chukwueze, Iheanacho/Awoniyi, Ejuke
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:23 pm Knowing Egu, Omeruo, Musa, Iheanacho will start and that's Egu panicking
Shame on you. You should apologize to Egu.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

waka-man wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:29 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:14 pm Okay, mek we occupy ourselves on the night before piooom. How do u think Eguavoen rolls out?

Here's mine. 442

Okoye

Awaziem Troost Omeruo Zaidu

Chuks Ndidi Aribo Ejuke

Nacho Awoniyi
I want:

Okoye
Awaziem Ekong Omeruo
Simon Ndidi Onyeka Zaidu
Aribo
Iheanacho Awoniyi
(343)

I think we will get:

Okoye
Aina Ekong Omeruo Zaidu
Samu Ndidi Aribo Iwobi
Iheanacho Awoniyi
(442)
Goodness me, I was out by one: Iwobi instead of Simon.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

lacidi wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:43 pm
Shame on you. You should apologize to Egu.
i do apologise :blushing:
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........