SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

User avatar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 22262
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Okay, mek we occupy ourselves on the night before piooom. How do u think Eguavoen rolls out?

Here's mine. 442

Okoye

Awaziem Troost Omeruo Zaidu

Chuks Ndidi Aribo Ejuke

Nacho Awoniyi
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Abbey
Egg
Egg
Posts: 3846
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:03 pm
Location: The WINDY City
Re: SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by Abbey »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:14 pm Okay, mek we occupy ourselves on the night before piooom. How do u think Eguavoen rolls out?

Here's mine. 442

Okoye

Awaziem Troost Omeruo Collins

Chuks Ndidi Aribo Ejuke

Nacho Awoniyi
:shock: Abeg if na play play make you stop am quick quick :)
Na who go defend? Collins dey kamp sef?
Now I see whey you dey shake like midnight pr!!ck all the time :)
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
User avatar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 22262
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Re: SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Abbey wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:30 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:14 pm Okay, mek we occupy ourselves on the night before piooom. How do u think Eguavoen rolls out?

Here's mine. 442

Okoye

Awaziem Troost Omeruo Collins

Chuks Ndidi Aribo Ejuke

Nacho Awoniyi
:shock: Abeg if na play play make you stop am quick quick :)
Na who go defend? Collins dey kamp sef?
Now I see whey you dey shake like midnight pr!!ck all the time :)
E gba mi. Na zaidu I wan type but na Collins show. :scared:
OCCUPY NFF!!
User avatar
Enyi
Egg
Egg
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:04 pm
Re: SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by Enyi »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:36 pm
Abbey wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:30 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:14 pm Okay, mek we occupy ourselves on the night before piooom. How do u think Eguavoen rolls out?

Here's mine. 442

Okoye

Awaziem Troost Omeruo Collins

Chuks Ndidi Aribo Ejuke

Nacho Awoniyi
:shock: Abeg if na play play make you stop am quick quick :)
Na who go defend? Collins dey kamp sef?
Now I see whey you dey shake like midnight pr!!ck all the time :)
E gba mi. Na zaidu I wan type but na Collins show. :scared:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: So u head said Zaidu but your hands want Collins
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
User avatar
Enyi
Egg
Egg
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:04 pm
Re: SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by Enyi »

I think your lineup is close to it but something tells me that Okoye won’t start, I think that Aina will start as well…..

We play that formation we will be 2-0 before halftime….

Zaidu and Ejuke is a recipe for disaster against Salah…

4-4-2 is ineffective with our players…

He should play 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1

He will play….

Akpeyi

Aina Ekong Awaziem Zaidu

Chuks/Ejuke Ndidi Aribo Ejuke/Simon

Iheanacho

Awoniyi



But I pray he sees sense and play

Okoye
Aina Ekong Awaziem Zaidu
Ndidi Onyeka
Chuks Aribo Iwobi/Simon
Awoniyi
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
User avatar
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 24034
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Location: Ukwuani
Re: SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by Odas »

Abbey wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:30 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:14 pm Okay, mek we occupy ourselves on the night before piooom. How do u think Eguavoen rolls out?

Here's mine. 442

Okoye

Awaziem Troost Omeruo Collins

Chuks Ndidi Aribo Ejuke

Nacho Awoniyi
:shock: Abeg if na play play make you stop am quick quick :)
Na who go defend? Collins dey kamp sef?
Now I see whey you dey shake like midnight pr!!ck all the time :)
Com, na Oga Emir you dey tok to like dat? You efen say im dey shake like 'midnight priick?'

De kwesion wey I wan ask you be, how 'midnight priick' dey shake? Abeg, I wan no.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
User avatar
waka-man
Egg
Egg
Posts: 4066
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:49 pm
Re: SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by waka-man »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:14 pm Okay, mek we occupy ourselves on the night before piooom. How do u think Eguavoen rolls out?

Here's mine. 442

Okoye

Awaziem Troost Omeruo Zaidu

Chuks Ndidi Aribo Ejuke

Nacho Awoniyi
I want:

Okoye
Awaziem Ekong Omeruo
Simon Ndidi Onyeka Zaidu
Aribo
Iheanacho Awoniyi
(343)

I think we will get:

Okoye
Aina Ekong Omeruo Zaidu
Samu Ndidi Aribo Iwobi
Iheanacho Awoniyi
(442)
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16542
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Re: SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by vancity eagle »

Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:38 am I think your lineup is close to it but something tells me that Okoye won’t start, I think that Aina will start as well…..

We play that formation we will be 2-0 before halftime….

Zaidu and Ejuke is a recipe for disaster against Salah…

4-4-2 is ineffective with our players…

He should play 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1

He will play….

Akpeyi

Aina Ekong Awaziem Zaidu

Chuks/Ejuke Ndidi Aribo Ejuke/Simon

Iheanacho

Awoniyi



But I pray he sees sense and play

Okoye
Aina Ekong Awaziem Zaidu
Ndidi Onyeka
Chuks Aribo Iwobi/Simon
Awoniyi
I dont know what is the fascination with our coaches and this silly outdated 442. Maybe because we get so many strikers, but this is not playstation. Any sound coach would have watched our tapes of matches and concluded we must play either 352 or 433.

These guys are dinosaurs.
User avatar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 22262
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Re: SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:30 am
Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:38 am I think your lineup is close to it but something tells me that Okoye won’t start, I think that Aina will start as well…..

We play that formation we will be 2-0 before halftime….

Zaidu and Ejuke is a recipe for disaster against Salah…

4-4-2 is ineffective with our players…

He should play 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1

He will play….

Akpeyi

Aina Ekong Awaziem Zaidu

Chuks/Ejuke Ndidi Aribo Ejuke/Simon

Iheanacho

Awoniyi



But I pray he sees sense and play

Okoye
Aina Ekong Awaziem Zaidu
Ndidi Onyeka
Chuks Aribo Iwobi/Simon
Awoniyi
I dont know what is the fascination with our coaches and this silly outdated 442. Maybe because we get so many strikers, but this is not playstation. Any sound coach would have watched our tapes of matches and concluded we must play either 352 or 433.

These guys are dinosaurs.
The Niaja 442 is not similar to what you might know about the formation. It's designed to overwhelm opponents with speed ,power and skill. It's the only formation we've ever had any success with. The good Niaja teams of old all played that way.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16542
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Re: SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:43 am
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:30 am
Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:38 am I think your lineup is close to it but something tells me that Okoye won’t start, I think that Aina will start as well…..

We play that formation we will be 2-0 before halftime….

Zaidu and Ejuke is a recipe for disaster against Salah…

4-4-2 is ineffective with our players…

He should play 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1

He will play….

Akpeyi

Aina Ekong Awaziem Zaidu

Chuks/Ejuke Ndidi Aribo Ejuke/Simon

Iheanacho

Awoniyi



But I pray he sees sense and play

Okoye
Aina Ekong Awaziem Zaidu
Ndidi Onyeka
Chuks Aribo Iwobi/Simon
Awoniyi
I dont know what is the fascination with our coaches and this silly outdated 442. Maybe because we get so many strikers, but this is not playstation. Any sound coach would have watched our tapes of matches and concluded we must play either 352 or 433.

These guys are dinosaurs.
The Niaja 442 is not similar to what you might know about the formation. It's designed to overwhelm opponents with speed ,power and skill. It's the only formation we've ever had any success with. The good Niaja teams of old all played that way.
We dont have the players.

In 1994 we had Amuneke and George on the wings. Those were real wingers playing at the highest level.

Simon, Chukwueze, Musa, Ejuke are not wingers but wide forwards. Their strengths are speed and dribbling, and not passing and crossing the ball. They dont have the vision and football IQ necessary to play as a traditional winger in a 442.

What happens when these kind of players are in a 442 is that they run into culdesacs and our 2 strikers are starved of service. Anyone who watched our matches in this formation would easily see this.

Also our 2 central midfielders are confused about their roles, they are busy defending and do not have the lungs to go back and forth at will, and thus again our strikers get isolated.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16542
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Re: SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by vancity eagle »

I would go with a 352 and play compact, starve Salah of service


GK: Okoye
RWB: Aina
RCB: Awaziem
CB: Troost
LCB: Ajayi
LWB: Sanusi
DM: Ndidi
CM: Onyeka
AM: Aribo
SS: Iheanacho
ST: Sadiq

If necessary and we need a goal we switch to a 433

take off Nacho and Ajayi for Chukwueze and Ejuke

GK: Okoye
RB: Aina
CB: Troost
CB: Awaziem
LB: Sanusi
DM: Ndidi
CM: Onyeka
AM: Aribo
LW: Ejuke
ST: Sadiq
RW: Chukwueze
User avatar
waka-man
Egg
Egg
Posts: 4066
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:49 pm
Re: SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by waka-man »

So we rarely play a true 4-4-2. It’s usually a 4411 or a 4141.

The 4141 worked with Oliseh because of his range of passing. It could have worked with Mikel but he rarely played as the defensive mid for us. It doesn’t work with Ndidi because he doesn’t have that passing range.
So I think what we’ll end up with is a 4411 that allows us to clog the middle. It does sacrifice genuine width and can leave the striker and the person playing closest to them starved of service.
With Aribo in the team, I think we’ll eventually settle on three central midfielders with Aribo controlling possession higher up the field. Iwobi and Nacho are often tried in that role, but neither protects the ball sufficiently to do it.
Eguavon is a smart man. I expect a few tricks up his sleeve. Don’t be surprised to see a back four that is really a back three with the left sided full back given license to help overload the opponents right side.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
User avatar
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 13797
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Re: SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by ANC »

this is the only time that I would go on record (probably never again) tipping Simon to start on the left. I dont trust Colins with Salah. I hope Aina plays ahead of Colins though.
User avatar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 22262
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Re: SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

ANC wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:52 am this is the only time that I would go on record (probably never again) tipping Simon to start on the left. I dont trust Colins with Salah. I hope Aina plays ahead of Colins though.
Dude, Collins is the LB for FC PORTO in the champions league, he has faced Salah twice this in the last few months and did very well.. I know your opinion means a lot to you but it's not better than those who FC Porto. Zaidu is one of the best young LB in the world.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Abbey
Egg
Egg
Posts: 3846
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:03 pm
Location: The WINDY City
Re: SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by Abbey »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:19 am
ANC wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:52 am this is the only time that I would go on record (probably never again) tipping Simon to start on the left. I dont trust Colins with Salah. I hope Aina plays ahead of Colins though.
Dude, Collins is the LB for FC PORTO in the champions league, he has faced Salah twice this in the last few months and did very well.. I know your opinion means a lot to you but it's not better than those who FC Porto. Zaidu is one of the best young LB in the world.
Sanusi
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
User avatar
TonyTheTigerKiller
Egg
Egg
Posts: 9749
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Re: SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Akpeyi

Aina
Awaziem
Ekong
Sanusi

Simon
Onyeka
Ndidi
Iwobi

Iheanacho
Awoniyi


Cheers.
olu
Egg
Egg
Posts: 3249
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Re: SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by olu »

My line up (4-2-3-1)

Okoye
Aina Ekong Awazeim Sanusi
Ndidi Onyeka
Chuwkueze Aribo Simon
Umar

I think Eguavoen may go with a 4-4-2 that looks kind of like this:

Okoye
Aina Ekong Awazeim Sanusi
Simon Aribo Ndidi Chuwkueze
Awoniyi Ejuke
User avatar
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 15422
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Location: South London
Contact:
Re: SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by Eaglezbeak »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:19 am
ANC wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:52 am this is the only time that I would go on record (probably never again) tipping Simon to start on the left. I dont trust Colins with Salah. I hope Aina plays ahead of Colins though.
Dude, Collins is the LB for FC PORTO in the champions league, he has faced Salah twice this in the last few months and did very well.. I know your opinion means a lot to you but it's not better than those who FC Porto. Zaidu is one of the best young LB in the world.
Zaidu.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
User avatar
naijaguy
Egg
Egg
Posts: 1084
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:24 am
Location: Obodo Oyibo
Re: SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by naijaguy »

Lol. All of you leaving Omeruo out will be shocked today. He'll most likely start alongside Ekong in defence. Awaziem will sit on the bench.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
User avatar
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 38469
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:03 pm
Location: The Kingdom
Re: SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by Lolly »

naijaguy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:44 am Lol. All of you leaving Omeruo out will be shocked today. He'll most likely start alongside Ekong in defence. Awaziem will sit on the bench.
Thank you sir. Peope don’t appreciate Omeruo enough. Two world cups and one AFCON. How do you ignore such experience in a position that requires experience the most?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
User avatar
Enyi
Egg
Egg
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:04 pm
Re: SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by Enyi »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:41 am
naijaguy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:44 am Lol. All of you leaving Omeruo out will be shocked today. He'll most likely start alongside Ekong in defence. Awaziem will sit on the bench.
Thank you sir. Peope don’t appreciate Omeruo enough. Two world cups and one AFCON. How do you ignore such experience in a position that requires experience the most?
you and experience.... you will bring back JJ if given the chance.....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
gochino
Egg
Egg
Posts: 1176
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:35 pm
Re: SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by gochino »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:41 am
naijaguy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:44 am Lol. All of you leaving Omeruo out will be shocked today. He'll most likely start alongside Ekong in defence. Awaziem will sit on the bench.
Thank you sir. Peope don’t appreciate Omeruo enough. Two world cups and one AFCON. How do you ignore such experience in a position that requires experience the most?
It's actually two Afcons, this will be his third, but despite the experience, that guy is too shaky when it matters most, he was at his best during the Keshi era, before he had that shoulder injury at the confederations cup.
User avatar
Enyi
Egg
Egg
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:04 pm
Re: SE v Egypt lineup prediction

Post by Enyi »

Knowing Egu, Omeruo, Musa, Iheanacho will start and that's Egu panicking
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........

Post Reply