Nigeria vs Egypt 1-0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Egypt Live! 0-0

Post by The YeyeMan »

kbt wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:42 pm What formation is this? 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-4?
4-1-1-4
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

This is a line-up will expect a foreigner that has never seen us play produce.....

ARIBO is not a CM.....Thats what Onyeka is there for and has more lungs, Aribo is better technically

I understand Simon...... But i would have preferred Ejuke or Iwobi because our defense is porous and our best cause of defending today is attack. If Salah runs at our defense....he scores

Iheanacho....Love the guy but we have tried him in that position several times and it never worked.....Aribo would have been a better choice....

BTW.....this is a defensive line-up

Only attacking players there are Samu and the strikers.....I sincerely hope that i am wrong....

Anyways.....Good luck to the Super Eagles
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:02 pm
Goalgetter wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:23 pm Very attacking lineup..Eguavoen is a brave coach. Rhor will never try that. Go Super Eagles!!

Always puzzled why we never take advantage of Chukwueze’s talent!
Maybe he doesn't believe we are here to learn
gbosa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

The YeyeMan wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:04 pm
4-1-1-4
it is 4-4-2
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Awoniye and Kele upfront
wing play Chuks and simon
cms Aribo and Wilf
and the back 4 plus Okoye
SuperEagles

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:09 pm
4-1-1-4
it is 4-4-2
That's what I suspect :thumb:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The YeyeMan wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:15 pm
Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:09 pm
4-1-1-4
it is 4-4-2
That's what I suspect :thumb:
you knew it was 442 :D , you just wanted to look for wahala
SuperEagles

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

I would have preferred Sadiq to Awoniyi, but the coach sees both in training. I respect his decision.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

1naija wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:40 pm
Goalgetter wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:23 pm Very attacking lineup..Eguavoen is a brave coach. Rhor will never try that. Go Super Eagles!!

Always puzzled why we never take advantage of Chukwueze’s talent!
You mean while he was injured? Because he was a key part of our attack before his injury.
Until Rohr dropped him in the last matches for a 352 with Collins and Simon
mojojojo
Egg
Egg

Post by mojojojo »

Looks like a 4-4-2 with Iheanacho and Awoniyi at the top.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

442 has never worked for us.

If it is a 433 the Nacho as an AM has never worked.

At least no Musa. Heart attack averted.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Chukwueze is still performing far below his potential.

I have studied this guy, he is no ordinary talent. This is not some Victor Moses type of player.

My estimation of his abilities is that he could go all the way. He is performing way way way way way way way below his talent. He needs to step it up, for both club and country.

Particularly on his end product. His deliveries are actually reasonable. His finishing however is nowhere near his other abilities. He can get to the same level as Salah and Mane. I hope he does not forget that.

He should not be pleased with anything less. His close control is just out of this world. Most footballers would kill for that level of close control. I give his close control a world class rating.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
seyiblack
Egg
Egg

Post by seyiblack »

AFCON and "attacking" or "attacking line up" should not go together. Two days gone and no single game has more than a goal margin, with most ending 1-0.
Support our boys regardless of coach, ethnicity of players and pure jealousy.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

seyiblack wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:28 pm AFCON and "attacking" or "attacking line up" should not go together. Two days gone and no single game has more than a goal margin, with most ending 1-0.
Nigeria does not typically play cagey against competitive sides. We never have. Perhaps we should.

but it is just not in our nature. It is always end to end when we playing competitive sides. Whether in Africa, South America or Europe.

I can't think of a single cagey game we played against decent opposition. Even in those mickey mouse tournaments. I am sure there is at least one, but I honestly cannot even remember one.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

If you have a smart TV at home or Amazon fire stick, download iptv smarters at home and ping me inbox for user name and log in.
You can also download iptv smarters if you have iPhone. Hit me inbox for log in details.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

My boy Awoniyi will deliver, you heard it here first
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Tbite wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:33 pm
seyiblack wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:28 pm AFCON and "attacking" or "attacking line up" should not go together. Two days gone and no single game has more than a goal margin, with most ending 1-0.
Nigeria does not typically play cagey against competitive sides. We never have. Perhaps we should.

but it is just not in our nature. It is always end to end when we playing competitive sides. Whether in Africa, South America or Europe.

I can't think of a single cagey game we played against decent opposition. Even in those mickey mouse tournaments. I am sure there is at least one, but I honestly cannot even remember one.
vs. Croatia
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Very attacking lineup. Simon will have to do a job against Sallah.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Actual line up not really different from a potential Rohr. Maybe Rohr would have started Awaziem over Omeruo. Hopefully though how they play and react will be different
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

kawawa wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:46 pm Actual line up not really different from a potential Rohr. Maybe Rohr would have started Awaziem over Omeruo. Hopefully though how they play and react will be different
Rohr would definately have started Collins and Awaziem. But with Collins arriving late maybe not.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:48 pm
kawawa wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:46 pm Actual line up not really different from a potential Rohr. Maybe Rohr would have started Awaziem over Omeruo. Hopefully though how they play and react will be different
Rohr would definately have started Collins and Awaziem. But with Collins arriving late maybe not.
Abeg leave Rohr alone. It's piooom and he's a spectator too. Let it be.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Synopsis wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:38 pm
Tbite wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:33 pm

vs. Croatia
thanks.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Tuned into BBC instead of Sky. Already much better. Efan Ekoku is the co-commentator