Nigeria vs Egypt 1-0

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria vs Egypt Live! 1-0

Post by Lolly »

mapet wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:30 pm
Cellular wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:07 pm
txj wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:58 pm Aribo my MOM by a country mile...
With many to choose from... he is mine too!
Moses Simon is mine
Meanwhile, the organisers gave it to Kelechi. :lol:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Nigeria vs Egypt 1-0

Post by King Futcha »

awesome
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:18 pm
Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:15 pm If Ejuke will look up.....he will be one hell of a player
Difficult to train that out of him now. Old habits die hard.
It has to be removed otherwise we are down with another Pius Ikedia (no disrespect).
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Heliopolis wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:00 pm Lucky win. We go take you in 2nd leg.
How is that a lucky win, you are a freaking moronic clown.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Moses Simon was my man of the match, but they probably gave it to Kelz because he scored the winning goal. Btw, Ejuke is not the only selfish winger we have, he is just the most selfish. Chuwkueze, Iwobi, Kalu, and at times Simon have all shown that tendency in recent times. Passing to the open man in the final third is something that needs to be instilled in our wingers.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:31 pm
Moses Simon is mine
Aribo got robbed. Stellar performance
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

King Futcha wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:32 pm awesome
Beautiful!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

1naija wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:30 pm Our guys played like they were tired of hearing Salah this, Salah that...
I was definitely tired of hearing Salah this Salah that. Like I was telling some on one of my whatsApp group, Salah is good but he hasn't won jack with Egypt not even when they hosted the AFCON in 2019. Egypt with Salah is not even ranked Top 5 in Africa. So I didn't know what the fear in facing them was. On well, we move...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

My overall take on the game:

The starters played very well except for Chukwueze, who was t in his element today. I don’t what the problem was; perhaps an off day?

Now, about the most talked about peripheral players:

1) Chidera Ejuke

I called him out a while back on his style of play. Some think he is a selfish player. I think it’s more like he has t really developed his field vision and consequently, he has trouble passing or swuaring the ball under pressure. That’s an area of his game he needs to work on and improve drastically.

2) Sadiq Umar

All I can say about him today is that he came, he saw but failed to conquer. He wasn’t really in the game. Hopefully, he’ll do better next time; if there’s a next time.

3 Kelechi Nwakali

Not much that was very conclusive about him. The flow of the game started to shift in favor of Egypt when he came on. Wasn’t necessarily his fault. The entire team sort of took a step back.

Well, there you have it. All in all, a good shift for the SuperEagles. I don’t think anyone who saw today’s game, including the most ardent Rohr supporters, would quarrel with the coaching change ❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:17 pm My only disappointment today was Chukwueze. Hope he starts the next match and Egu doesn't replace him with Ejuke.
I wasn't disappointed at all with him. He was pinching inside and was rather disciplined with his defensive responsibilities. I think the team/game made Simon a focal point for the wing play.

We did not switch plays consistently enough to isolate Chukwueze and get him the ball.

I respected that he swallowed his ego and provided midfield solidity.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:31 pm
Moses Simon is mine
As they should for his sublime goal.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Aribo served me serious humble pies, I'm starting to believe...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mutiman
Egg
Egg

Post by mutiman »

olu wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:34 pm Moses Simon was my man of the match, but they probably gave it to Kelz because he scored the winning goal. Btw, Ejuke is not the only selfish winger we have, he is just the most selfish. Chuwkueze, Iwobi, Kalu, and at times Simon have all shown that tendency in recent times. Passing to the open man in the final third is something that needs to be instilled in our wingers.
Well said. All our forwards/wingers tend to be selfish in those positions, they need to be taught to pass to the best placed teammate.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Robbynice wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:42 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:30 pm Our guys played like they were tired of hearing Salah this, Salah that...
I was definitely tired of hearing Salah this Salah that. Like I was telling some on one of my whatsApp group, Salah is good but he hasn't won jack with Egypt not even when they hosted the AFCON in 2019. Egypt with Salah is not even ranked Top 5 in Africa. So I didn't know what the fear in facing them was. On well, we move...
Salah is a very dangerous player as he demonstrated towards the end but Nigeria is considerably better than Egypt❗️

Cheers.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

Cellular wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:43 pm
Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:17 pm My only disappointment today was Chukwueze. Hope he starts the next match and Egu doesn't replace him with Ejuke.
I wasn't disappointed at all with him. He was pinching inside and was rather disciplined with his defensive responsibilities. I think the team/game made Simon a focal point for the wing play.

We did not switch plays consistently enough to isolate Chukwueze and get him the ball.

I respected that he swallowed his ego and provided midfield solidity.

Agree with the bolded :agree:

The Egypt defender NO 6 was quite good including their Right winger
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:48 pm
Robbynice wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:42 pm
Salah is a very dangerous player as he demonstrated towards the end but Nigeria is considerably better than Egypt❗️

Cheers.
Oh I know Salah is a very dangerous player. He is a world class player. My emphasis was more on team. Salah is good but as a team Egypt haven't done anything to warrant all the fear IMHO
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

just look at the celebration after Kele's goal... a true 100% Nigerian Celebration.. Egu is the man a true Super Eagles , he bleeds it , he knows it, it is part of his DNA... he knows the pain of the SE .. he lived it. He is a naijaman 100% to the core.. he knows our football... he is tactical and intelligent .. he has been there.. this is just the beginning
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Cellular wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:09 pm
theYemster wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:58 pm Ejuke needs a serious talking to. He should've squared the ball during that last fastbreak. He had the goalie and two defenders on him. But he wanted to go for glory.

So Moses once again terrorises Egypt.
He really needs to learn how to involve his teammates and pass the damn ball.

Once he gets that into his repertoire of skills he will be a star.
This. Ejuke's brain doesn't work in the critical areas of the last third. Also, defensively, he lacks a bit of awareness which betrays his attacking exuberance. So much talent but still comes up short mentally.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Zaidu Sanusi looks a lot like Antonio Brown.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

I kept waiting for him to explode on his wing like Simon was doing on the left but the bobo didn't get the message to show up for the party.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Good first game. Still a lot of work to be done. But good first start. We have to do better with the final ball. Nigeria should have won by 4 goals today. But only scored one goal. Continue to work on crosess and finishing. Hopefully we can play our beset football at the later stages of the tournament.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx