Eguavoen must be kept as SE coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Eguavoen must be kept as SE coach

Post by Enyi »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:02 pm I agree Egu must stay.

Best SE game since we beat Cameroon 4-0

We completely dominated, but for selfish play we would have won 3-0.
Peseiro is preparing another PowerPoint presentation….
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

That yeye coach had Awoniyi ,yet he went fishing for Ighalo from retirement ,that was when I gave up on the clown. That was the final nail used to nail his coffin.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

For someone having his first ever start for the GWG, I thought Awoniyi was MASSIVE today. His hold up play, runs behind the defense and his torment of the Egyptian centre-backs was a delight for me.
Was really impressed with the young lad and wish him all the very best.
oloye wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:11 am That yeye coach had Awoniyi ,yet he went fishing for Ighalo from retirement ,that was when I gave up on the clown. That was the final nail used to nail his coffin.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Awoniyi is truly a power forward... them no fit handle am at all
SuperEagles

kaysalaw
Egg
Egg

Post by kaysalaw »

Let the campaign begin, Egu for Super eagles coach. Paseiro ko, Pasilie ni
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Robbynice wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:56 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:52 pm I won't say more than this
He wouldn't be even if we win the AFCON. That has been established. I just need them to acknowledge him and give him the credit he deserves if we win the AFCON and not attribute it to some Oyinbo coach. Na my own be that.
Not necessarily true. Yes, NFF said it, but it is not binding. Do you understand the backlash they'd get from Nigerians?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

highbury wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:22 am
He wouldn't be even if we win the AFCON. That has been established. I just need them to acknowledge him and give him the credit he deserves if we win the AFCON and not attribute it to some Oyinbo coach. Na my own be that.
Not necessarily true. Yes, NFF said it, but it is not binding. Do you understand the backlash they'd get from Nigerians?
Eguavoen should LEAVE after the ANC. The 'WOWO' brigade will be out for him! He should learn from Keshis experience.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

After only one game? :laugh:
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Ipe Grams wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:43 am After only one game? :laugh:
How many games do you need to see what clear?
You saw how we played with the same personnel Oyinbo carry dey play rubbish.
And it’s one game more than Pesario abi na PepsiCo…
The evidence is clear, Egu should stay.

#BanForeignCoaches
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

waka-man wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:51 am
Ipe Grams wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:43 am After only one game? :laugh:
How many games do you need to see what clear?
You saw how we played with the same personnel Oyinbo carry dey play rubbish.
And it’s one game more than Pesario abi na PepsiCo…
The evidence is clear, Egu should stay.

#BanForeignCoaches
You dey mind these insufferable party-pooping clowns, they always fail to see perspective from the lens of the bigger picture. Context is key in understanding why Nigerians are very confident (and rightfully so) about the effectiveness of proper coaching inputs based on team performance, and it's not just based on the sentiments of one game... Given the shambolic preparations that inundated this AFCON: dramatic player selections, coaching wahala, lack of adequate preparations for the team etc nobody even gave Nigeria a chance in this tournament and many predicted a loss against Egypt. But the team we saw yesterday shocked many of us, tbh I personally expected us to play out a draw yesterday with some boring, lethargic and safe football, but the Eagles I saw yesterday were far from what I expected... of course we can't delude ourselves into thinking winning the tournament will now be a walk in the park for us (far from that), but there's a lot based on what I saw yesterday to suggest that the boys actually have a sense of self-belief and trust in Eguavoen and were willing to bed in his coaching philosophies into the field of play, and that in itself is very fundamental for any team that wants to win, it's all about CONFIDENCE.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:11 am That yeye coach had Awoniyi ,yet he went fishing for Ighalo from retirement ,that was when I gave up on the clown. That was the final nail used to nail his coffin.
Uncle, you try. I gave up on the man after the world cup.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Otitokoro wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:15 am For someone having his first ever start for the GWG, I thought Awoniyi was MASSIVE today. His hold up play, runs behind the defense and his torment of the Egyptian centre-backs was a delight for me.

He had a lot of good shots on target too and was denied a beautiful headed goal by some magic from the Egyptian 'keeper.

I suspect with better delivery from our wingers, Awoniyi will bang in a lot of goals.

Wha choo looking at?!
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

No.. He is technical director..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Let’s see how the rest of the tournament goes. But I will say this - it is not easy for a non Nigerian coach to fully understand the core essence of the Naija game. There is a confidence that makes 11 Nigerian players playing all over the world become something more than the sum of their parts when they come together and put on the GWG. That is the reason that past Naija teams that should have lost on paper went on to do great things when the moment arrived. Tactics etc is important of course, but that special naija factor is what we largely lost under Rohr and regained yesterday. In the post match interview Egu said he told the players to go and be themselves on the pitch, have fun and enjoy themselves. They went on to show a perfect combination of the discipline and professionalism gained from playing in Europe etc plus the flair and boldness of being a Nigerian. If a foreign coach can capture this then it’s all good, but someone like Egu has captained Nigeria on the field to Afcon gold and played with possibly the best Nigerian team ever in the World Cup so if he does well at this afcon we should seriously consider letting him build on that momentum
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

donadoni wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:14 pm Let’s see how the rest of the tournament goes. But I will say this - it is not easy for a non Nigerian coach to fully understand the core essence of the Naija game. There is a confidence that makes 11 Nigerian players playing all over the world become something more than the sum of their parts when they come together and put on the GWG. That is the reason that past Naija teams that should have lost on paper went on to do great things when the moment arrived. Tactics etc is important of course, but that special naija factor is what we largely lost under Rohr and regained yesterday. In the post match interview Egu said he told the players to go and be themselves on the pitch, have fun and enjoy themselves. They went on to show a perfect combination of the discipline and professionalism gained from playing in Europe etc plus the flair and boldness of being a Nigerian. If a foreign coach can capture this then it’s all good, but someone like Egu has captained Nigeria on the field to Afcon gold and played with possibly the best Nigerian team ever in the World Cup so if he does well at this afcon we should seriously consider letting him build on that momentum
e have picnic who loves everything foreign
SuperEagles

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Otitokoro wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:15 am For someone having his first ever start for the GWG, I thought Awoniyi was MASSIVE today. His hold up play, runs behind the defense and his torment of the Egyptian centre-backs was a delight for me.
He made life uncomfortable for Hegazi the dog gajere in the Egyptian defence,that boy hustled the life out him and the other defenders. I love his aggression,defenders hate attackers like that

Now my second boy has come of age,himself and Osimeh,my two beloved sons in whom I am well pleased and whom I have tipped to wear the crown the great Yeking left behind. May God grant them both long playing career life span to see it come to pass. I am waiting for the time we would unleash both of them on teams.
Shock and awe will a be joke in comparison,it would be Armageddon come too soon!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

donadoni wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:14 pm Let’s see how the rest of the tournament goes. But I will say this - it is not easy for a non Nigerian coach to fully understand the core essence of the Naija game. There is a confidence that makes 11 Nigerian players playing all over the world become something more than the sum of their parts when they come together and put on the GWG. That is the reason that past Naija teams that should have lost on paper went on to do great things when the moment arrived. Tactics etc is important of course, but that special naija factor is what we largely lost under Rohr and regained yesterday. In the post match interview Egu said he told the players to go and be themselves on the pitch, have fun and enjoy themselves. They went on to show a perfect combination of the discipline and professionalism gained from playing in Europe etc plus the flair and boldness of being a Nigerian. If a foreign coach can capture this then it’s all good, but someone like Egu has captained Nigeria on the field to Afcon gold and played with possibly the best Nigerian team ever in the World Cup so if he does well at this afcon we should seriously consider letting him build on that momentum
Westerhoff and Bonfrere were successful because they understood the Nigerian spirit and mentality unlike the one who says our players are not playing for big clubs thereby projecting his inferiority complex to the team.
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

recalling Ighalo was it for me too.

That and starting Musa as an AM after losing to CAR.

Also his insistance with Collins over Aina, Ebuehi, and Zaidu.

an utter clown.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

wanaj0 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:34 am
Eguavoen should LEAVE after the ANC. The 'WOWO' brigade will be out for him! He should learn from Keshis experience.
What is "Keshi's experience" ?

Dude was the most corrupt Nigeria coach. Until Egu starts selling places in the team he will be fine.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

In 6-years **** couldn't understand what makes a Naijarian a Naijarian.

Unfortunately for Equavoen, Pinnick is his boss. And his boss just doesn't rate Naijarian coaches.

I wish him continued success... maybe other African countries will see his attributes and come for him.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:53 pm

Dude was the most corrupt Nigeria coach. Until Egu starts selling places in the team he will be fine.
You are really a despicable fella. You find it easy to call Keshi corrupt at any given opportunity.

Must you denigrate his memory?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Cellular wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:04 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:53 pm

You are really a despicable fella. You find it easy to call Keshi corrupt at any given opportunity.

Must you denigrate his memory?
what is despicable is yours and others attempts to disingenuously claim that people hated Keshi simply for being Nigerian.

He was not liked by many because he is CORRUPT.

He sold places on his team. He filled our dear SE with all manner of "hey yous" Filling the team with junks, taking injured players to tournaments, giving the sacred #10 jersey to an amateur player he was trying to pimp. That is agonizing for any true SE fan.

Just because he wasn't caught red handed like Salisu doesn't mean the crimes did not take place.

After all we have Taiwo, Obasi, and Adebayor all claiming such. Are you calling them liars ?

We saw the smoke, and we know there was fire. You dont have to whitewash his crimes because he is dead.