Nigeria don’t have players in Chelsea, Man Utd – Rohr takes dig

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria don’t have players in Chelsea, Man Utd – Rohr takes dig

Post by Enyi »

truetalk wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:22 pm The sad thing is that is what he says from individual conversations in camp to press conferences.

I genuinely thought it was gamesmanship before the 2018 World Cup.

Until that Croatia game.

I knew there was no hope after that. The dude was a limiting factor, and not an enhancer.

He should have been fired after that, and not even the 1 good half vs Iceland could change my mind.

(And it had nothing to do with the stress of sleeping on cold benches at airports, trying to make my way to and from Russia for the World Cup)
After that game against Croatia, I knew we are lost….

It feels so good to see a SE team that is finding his way back to the good days…

It is not all about winning but at least showing belief that u belong to be there….
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

You know whats worse, that **** convinced folks like Lolly that our players are actually overrated, that regardless what they are doing at their club they are actually crap and thats why we've been playing the way we were playing. I mean what kind of coach sees Simon doing magic at his club on the left wing, then instead continues to play him at RWB where his ability is simply wasted and he just becomes a simple workhorse and he's happy with that. See how Aribo was getting forward today and showing his offensive abilities, something you rarely saw him do, then Aina bombing back and forth like he does for his club. Actually passing out of the back rather than just hoofing the ball anywhere belle face...mschew meennn...its all good.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:59 pm You know whats worse, that **** convinced folks like Lolly that our players are actually overrated, that regardless what they are doing at their club they are actually crap and thats why we've been playing the way we were playing. I mean what kind of coach sees Simon doing magic at his club on the left wing, then instead continues to play him at RWB where his ability is simply wasted and he just becomes a simple workhorse and he's happy with that. See how Aribo was getting forward today and showing his offensive abilities, something you rarely saw him do, then Aina bombing back and forth like he does for his club. Actually passing out of the back rather than just hoofing the ball anywhere belle face...mschew meennn...its all good.
You can't give what you don't have. He had me fooled for a minute but after the WC, I knew he was past his expiration date. Trust NFF as usual to delay the obvious.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:16 pm
Benedict Iroha wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:11 pm Westerhoff didn't have players at Chelsea either but he was able to recruit talents from the streets. We need a local coach who understands Naija football.

Bitter man.
we have plenty and most are from the 1994 set.... today watching the SE , i thought i was watching the 1994 team.. but trust picnic who got dazzled by power point presentation I can google a lot of info about naija players and pass a coaching interview... we do not need jose Preseria.. Egu has enough time almost a month before the playoffs.... we are good with the current setup
It was refreshing to see..big confidence booster that we can win this tournament and games are not being played on paper or by star name.
Last edited by Benedict Iroha on Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I have pointed out before that the infatuation with players in the BIG LEAGUES is misguided when looking at or analyzing Nigerian players, particularly those moving to Europe from Nigeria. If Rohr, indeed, had such a mindset then he was seriously misguided. Players who move from Nigeria are looking for a paycheck and not necessarily some big name club. It is a check first and foremost. Thus, the big leagues and clubs do not necessarily identify Nigeria's best.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

truetalk wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:22 pm(And it had nothing to do with the stress of sleeping on cold benches at airports, trying to make my way to and from Russia for the World Cup)
I was at the Iceland game. The first half was dross, I almost fell asleep.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:45 pm Thus, the big leagues and clubs do not necessarily identify Nigeria's best.
The best players will by and large be found in the best teams and leagues. This is obvious.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I will not lie, i found myself making this argument too. Rohr really messed with me.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:14 pm
Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:10 pm
deanotito wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:05 pm I hope Rohr watched that game. While I supported him for most of his tenure, his problem was and is his rigid conservatism. I hope he saw what a coach willing to play aggressively and organized can do. I hope Rohr learnt something
He did.....don't step foot in Nigeria again
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like I said, I didn't mind the guy. But this game brought back the excitement I used to have around Nigerian soccer. It came back again. Rohr just got results. Entertainment...zero
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:46 pm ROHR WAS SUCH AS LOSER. Who says this stuff openly??? :???:
OJI wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:07 pm https://dailypost.ng/2022/01/11/afcon-n ... er-eagles/

Rohr, who was recently sacked by the Nigerian Football Federation, said that the Super Eagles have no players in Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool.

"The German tactician believes the Super Eagles cannot pretend to be better than Algeria or Egypt.

“When you don’t have the players in fantastic clubs, playing the semi-finals or quarter-finals of the Champions League all the time, you cannot pretend to be better than Algeria or Egypt."

See our favorite coach.

The German tactician believes the Super Eagles cannot pretend to be better than Algeria or Egypt.

Rohr told football magazine World Soccer: “Nigeria don’t have these big stars like Jay-Jay Okocha, Nwankwo Kanu or Victor Ikpeba. [Wilfried] Ndidi isn’t yet a star; [Kelechi] Iheanacho not yet either.

“They don’t have any players in Liverpool, Manchester, Munich or Chelsea, which is the case for Senegal, Egypt, and Ivory Coast.

The biggest clubs are perhaps Leicester, or possibly Napoli with Victor Osimhen.

“When you don’t have the players in fantastic clubs, playing the semi-finals or quarter-finals of the Champions League all the time, you cannot pretend to be better than Algeria or Egypt.

“That is the question of football without stars. It is more collective football.”
Nigeria are in Group D alongside Egypt, Guinea-Bissau and Sudan.
When I told you guys that this loser brought loser mentality to our team, his disciples like Damunk and the wretched Emir attacked me. Not firing this guy years ago has set up years back!

Look at him insulting the players who he claimed wanted to abandon their country because of him, a German. B-A-S-T-A-R-D! KO NI DA FU E!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

The YeyeMan wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:06 pm
truetalk wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:22 pm(And it had nothing to do with the stress of sleeping on cold benches at airports, trying to make my way to and from Russia for the World Cup)
I was at the Iceland game. The first half was dross, I almost fell asleep.
That is why I keep emphasizing 1 good half (the 2nd half).

He then went back to the same rubbish against Argentina.

Ebuehi pretty much had the type of influence that Aina had today (but on the left) against Iceland, yet Rohr did not play him against Argentina.

It can't be that difficult to analyse a Nigerian team.

To give Rohr small credit, there was little to no controversy regarding his call ups to the team. Most of us here would agree with 19 to 20 of the 23 players he called to camp, but for the money he was making, he was doing more harm (actually, damage) than good.

Meanwhile, Yeyeman, I think I met you in Brazil. Russia was last minute.com, but I still saw one of the old men here at one of the games.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

hestonap wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:11 pm
Rohr made Nigerians believe they were minnows. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
With al our arrogance as a people, I dont know how this one man was able to convince Nigerians to be who they are not - Losers! I am still in shock! Is it because he is a white man, and naturally, Africans tend to kowtow to whites?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

The YeyeMan wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:09 pm
Enugu II wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:45 pm Thus, the big leagues and clubs do not necessarily identify Nigeria's best.
The best players will by and large be found in the best teams and leagues. This is obvious.
We have to apply the 80-20 rule here for Africa, so maybe 80% yes, although the percentage is ticking higher with technology and the information age.

Even for a generational talent like Eto'o, he did not make it to Real Madrid (he was jointly owned by Madrid and Barca), who preferred to stick with Raul, even though I thought Eto'o was already one of the best strikers in the world at that time, and Raul was on the downhill (He showed us pepper in 2000). I think Eto remained bitter at Real for most of his career.

Jayjay had to start in the German 3rd division. Osaze, (& even Ndidi and Simon in the current team) had to go to relatively minor leagues before making it to England.

The likes of Keshi and Uche Okechukwu (scouted by Manchester United later in his career) had the talent to be in the top 3 leagues, but spent earlier parts of their career in Nigeria (Keshi) or minor European leagues (Denmark for gentle giant).

The likes of Churchill Oliseh and Academy owners have made the transition to Europe much easier for some players, so the likes of Martins, Makinwa and Oduamadi were able to go straight to Italy I think.

Some (like Kunle Soname) have taken it to the next level by actually owning a club in Europe, so he can has his pick of the best Nigerian talent from the league to his club with some ease.

However, for a minor subset of players, an allowance could be made for them when they are making that transition from Nigeria to Europe, but still (temporarily hopefully) in minor leagues or a lower division. That is the case for (and against) the inclusion of someone like Kelechi Nwakili in the current team, for instance.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

green4life wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:46 pm ROHR WAS SUCH AS LOSER. Who says this stuff openly??? :???:
OJI wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:07 pm https://dailypost.ng/2022/01/11/afcon-n ... er-eagles/

Rohr, who was recently sacked by the Nigerian Football Federation, said that the Super Eagles have no players in Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool.

"The German tactician believes the Super Eagles cannot pretend to be better than Algeria or Egypt.

“When you don’t have the players in fantastic clubs, playing the semi-finals or quarter-finals of the Champions League all the time, you cannot pretend to be better than Algeria or Egypt."

See our favorite coach.

The German tactician believes the Super Eagles cannot pretend to be better than Algeria or Egypt.

Rohr told football magazine World Soccer: “Nigeria don’t have these big stars like Jay-Jay Okocha, Nwankwo Kanu or Victor Ikpeba. [Wilfried] Ndidi isn’t yet a star; [Kelechi] Iheanacho not yet either.

“They don’t have any players in Liverpool, Manchester, Munich or Chelsea, which is the case for Senegal, Egypt, and Ivory Coast.

The biggest clubs are perhaps Leicester, or possibly Napoli with Victor Osimhen.

“When you don’t have the players in fantastic clubs, playing the semi-finals or quarter-finals of the Champions League all the time, you cannot pretend to be better than Algeria or Egypt.

“That is the question of football without stars. It is more collective football.”
Nigeria are in Group D alongside Egypt, Guinea-Bissau and Sudan.
The funny thing is that Rohr would have shackled Jay Jay.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:10 pm
deanotito wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:05 pm I hope Rohr watched that game. While I supported him for most of his tenure, his problem was and is his rigid conservatism. I hope he saw what a coach willing to play aggressively and organized can do. I hope Rohr learnt something
He did.....don't step foot in Nigeria again
...if he was paid, and in full, why would he step foot there? Never even did when you hired him.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

You only need to watch Switzerland in the last few years to realize that not playing for big European clubs does not necessarily mean that you lose to teams with super stars.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Extremely doubtful that he did. If there were a chance that he would learn something, he would have realized that even though Egypt and Algeria have one great player each, a tree does not a forest make. Besides, it is possible for good players, which we have in abundance, to become great players; with the proper encouragement❗️

Cheers.