Sincere apologies

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Post Reply
User avatar
imehjunior
Egg
Egg
Posts: 6338
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:51 am
Location: No man's land
Contact:
Sincere apologies

Post by imehjunior »

I was one of those who really wanted Rohr to continue and argued vigorously here and elsewhere that he should stay on.

Even if I want to somehow ignore the obvious fact that the team is playing really well the changes were made on time and seems the right ones. Rohr would have waited till 85mins.

Guess I was just scared of change and having Okonkwos mentality.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
User avatar
Enyi
Egg
Egg
Posts: 3086
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:04 pm
Re: Sincere apologies

Post by Enyi »

imehjunior wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:46 pm I was one of those who really wanted Rohr to continue and argued vigorously here and elsewhere that he should stay on.

Even if I want to somehow ignore the obvious fact that the team is playing really well the changes were made on time and seems the right ones. Rohr would have waited till 85mins.

Guess I was just scared of change and having Okonkwos mentality.
Forgiven....Enjoy with the rest of us....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
User avatar
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 34963
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Re: Sincere apologies

Post by cchinukw »

imehjunior wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:46 pm I was one of those who really wanted Rohr to continue and argued vigorously here and elsewhere that he should stay on.

Even if I want to somehow ignore the obvious fact that the team is playing really well the changes were made on time and seems the right ones. Rohr would have waited till 85mins.

Guess I was just scared of change and having Okonkwos mentality.
Image

Let's be fair to Okonkwo - he wouldn't accept worse than average from a foreigner. He would rather die than bow.

We must wake up from our colonial mentality. Nigeria's football was in the doldrums and stagnated at best.

I cannot believe that people were supporting his continued retention because of organisation and management.

Really? Most annoying to read such comments.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The only reason I can think of that God would have put Trump into office was because He ran out of locusts.
User avatar
Lolly
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 38469
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:03 pm
Location: The Kingdom
Re: Sincere apologies

Post by Lolly »

imehjunior wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:46 pm I was one of those who really wanted Rohr to continue and argued vigorously here and elsewhere that he should stay on.

Even if I want to somehow ignore the obvious fact that the team is playing really well the changes were made on time and seems the right ones. Rohr would have waited till 85mins.

Guess I was just scared of change and having Okonkwos mentality.
I disagree with you regarding the changes today. I don't think Egu got them right.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16542
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Re: Sincere apologies

Post by vancity eagle »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:26 pm
imehjunior wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:46 pm I was one of those who really wanted Rohr to continue and argued vigorously here and elsewhere that he should stay on.

Even if I want to somehow ignore the obvious fact that the team is playing really well the changes were made on time and seems the right ones. Rohr would have waited till 85mins.

Guess I was just scared of change and having Okonkwos mentality.
I disagree with you regarding the changes today. I don't think Egu got them right.
can you elaborate ?

I did not like that 10 minute stretch after Kelechi came on and we just sat back. We needed to keep pressing.
User avatar
imehjunior
Egg
Egg
Posts: 6338
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:51 am
Location: No man's land
Contact:
Re: Sincere apologies

Post by imehjunior »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:26 pm
imehjunior wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:46 pm I was one of those who really wanted Rohr to continue and argued vigorously here and elsewhere that he should stay on.

Even if I want to somehow ignore the obvious fact that the team is playing really well the changes were made on time and seems the right ones. Rohr would have waited till 85mins.

Guess I was just scared of change and having Okonkwos mentality.
I disagree with you regarding the changes today. I don't think Egu got them right.
Ejuke and Umar changes seemed like the right call and were on time was my thinking.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
User avatar
imehjunior
Egg
Egg
Posts: 6338
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:51 am
Location: No man's land
Contact:
Re: Sincere apologies

Post by imehjunior »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:30 pm
Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:26 pm
imehjunior wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:46 pm I was one of those who really wanted Rohr to continue and argued vigorously here and elsewhere that he should stay on.

Even if I want to somehow ignore the obvious fact that the team is playing really well the changes were made on time and seems the right ones. Rohr would have waited till 85mins.

Guess I was just scared of change and having Okonkwos mentality.
I disagree with you regarding the changes today. I don't think Egu got them right.
can you elaborate ?

I did not like that 10 minute stretch after Kelechi came on and we just sat back. We needed to keep pressing.
Think he was trying to shore up the middle as it was expected we would be under pressure and they were bound to press us.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
User avatar
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 13797
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Re: Sincere apologies

Post by ANC »

Rohr lost me at hello; when he said Nigeria was at a WorldCup tournament to learn was likely the final straw for me.
I am not a fan of Egu either, never have been, but humble pie be served to me. Simon is not my favorite kind of player,
but I knew he was the key to defend against Salah (I stated so pre-game). He played well, and forever
earned my respect.

Honestly, Rohr has built a YOUNG formidable team. The team is deep. I dont remember the last time that SE
had so much depth in almost every position. Too bad Rohr did not know what to do with the team.
All the team needs now...is the continuation of what Egu
started.
ATTACK and ATTACK.
User avatar
waka-man
Egg
Egg
Posts: 4066
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:49 pm
Re: Sincere apologies

Post by waka-man »

Yep, Rohr should be a talent scout. Great eye for talent. His “invention” of Okoye and Uzoho, the blooding of Aribo, all massive.
But as a manager, once Mikel left the scene, he was cooked.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
User avatar
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 26999
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:11 pm
Re: Sincere apologies

Post by Purity »

Apology accepted..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
User avatar
oscar52
Egg
Egg
Posts: 4423
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:29 pm
Re: Sincere apologies

Post by oscar52 »

A few more like you at the NFF and we would syill have Rohr and be huffing and puffing against Egypt and at the end of the day will be the comment "Nigeria does not have players that play for liverpool". Its sports, make una be flexible with change small, no one is dying if we lose.
User avatar
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 64521
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Re: Sincere apologies

Post by ohenhen1 »

No need to apologize. Life is an experience. We grow every day. We must not repeat mistakes. Nigeria need to have more self esteem. We deserve better. The local politicians have brainwashed people into settling for less like Buhari and Rohr. But we deserve better and should never accept failure. Nigeria super eagles have a standard. We can't water down that standard for any white man or black man.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
User avatar
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 50755
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Sincere apologies

Post by Cellular »

imehjunior wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:46 pm I was one of those who really wanted Rohr to continue and argued vigorously here and elsewhere that he should stay on.

Even if I want to somehow ignore the obvious fact that the team is playing really well the changes were made on time and seems the right ones. Rohr would have waited till 85mins.

Guess I was just scared of change and having Okonkwos mentality.
I have said this countless times, **** did his job well. Stabilized the team. A triage specialist.
But if we have any ambition of going into tournaments and believing we can win it, he is not the man for the job.
He did well with giving (deserving) players an opportunity to play for the country but his philosophy of how the game should be played is not congruent with how we think it should be played.

Like the biblical Moses, he might be the one to take you out of Egypt but not the one to lead you to the promised land.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!

Post Reply