First time in years watching the SE with no tension

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
First time in years watching the SE with no tension

Post by Bigpokey24 »

It is clear as day light we suffered under ****.... person watch ball with no tension and never felt the Egyptians could break us.. coaching matter ooo.. the intensity from our boys was something else
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: First time in years watching the SE with no tension

Post by waka-man »

True to God.
Complete control, complete understanding of what the job was.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Me I had tension oh, but it was welcome tension.

In Rohr’s last 3 years, it was just boredom. I was glad to be tensed. I had missed that feeling
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

It was a maverick performance
SuperEagles

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:26 pm It is clear as day light we suffered under ****.... person watch ball with no tension and never felt the Egyptians could break us.. coaching matter ooo.. the intensity from our boys was something else
Night and day bro....
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

We could have easily won this game by 4 goals with a bit more composure... that's how dominant we were, Ndidi and Aribo absolutely battered the Egyptians in that midfield... Maduka aside from one save he made ALL game might as well have been on FaceTime with his girl.
Last edited by Tobi17 on Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Excellent performance! Well done SE!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

deanotito wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:32 pm Me I had tension oh, but it was welcome tension.

In Rohr’s last 3 years, it was just boredom. I was glad to be tensed. I had missed that feeling
I received a call from Gernot Rohr :curse: :curse: while the game was on (LOL) and he stated:

I am highly disappointed in these boys, they did not play like this. I gave them instructions but they won't listen.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You are lying. No tension for a 1 - 0 game?
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:26 pm It is clear as day light we suffered under ****.... person watch ball with no tension and never felt the Egyptians could break us.. coaching matter ooo.. the intensity from our boys was something else
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

1naija wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:44 pm You are lying. No tension for a 1 - 0 game?
I know what he means.

We were so dominant that it WAS comfortable

However when we kept failing to score a second, I was thinking that Egypt might just steal a draw near the end.

For the last 15 minutes we started to sit back for the first time in the match, and Egypt was starting to ascend. Not sure if that was the right call. When we started to press them again we were the ones getting chances. I think this sitting back does not serve us well. The press was great, I mean I was seeing players like Aribo playing with energy I have never seen before.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:03 pm
Thanks for sharing. I like to be tempered but..this is sweet. This team gave me a hint of th 94 guys. Fearless and played with swag for most of the game. I still think some of the guys there don't belong to the set up - At least one of the substitutes but this is not the time to hate.

Also, I do not think I have ever seen Moses Simon this dominant in GWG. I reckon he was playing to clear instructions - DRIVE at the Egyptian back line. Got the first dude out of the game injured, and then owned his substitute all game and still defended.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:54 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:44 pm You are lying. No tension for a 1 - 0 game?
I know what he means.

We were so dominant that it WAS comfortable

However when we kept failing to score a second, I was thinking that Egypt might just steal a draw near the end.

For the last 15 minutes we started to sit back for the first time in the match, and Egypt was starting to ascend. Not sure if that was the right call. When we started to press them again we were the ones getting chances. I think this sitting back does not serve us well. The press was great, I mean I was seeing players like Aribo playing with energy I have never seen before.
It wasn’t necessarily a ‘call’.
It’s the psychology of the game at play.
It is very common for a team holding onto a narrow lead to begin to capitulate towards the end esp when the teams are fairly closely matched.
You’ve seen it a million times before and you’ve seen coaches frantically urging their players to “push up”.
But it can be easier said than done.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:03 pm

Everyone can now see that we ain’t…Super Chickens….

What Rohr did to us…. :curse: :curse:

Now we are getting the respect that the boys truly deserve
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........