Let's Give credit where it is due

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

User avatar
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 20343
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Re: Let's Give credit where it is due

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:11 am
maceo4 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:42 am
txj wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:32 am To Rohr: for much of the spade work in building the squad and the options we have..
Mschew really? The majority of these players had played for Nigeria (at some level) before **** came. We can thank him for Okoye that’s about it. No need to associate our players doing well at their clubs to ****.


Not saying anything new here. His management work in building the squad to where we are today with the multiple options we have is probably the only real achievement one can assign him...Simply a fact...
I KPOM this statement. I have written severally that Rohr's trump card is really the fact that he has built a squad with players who can fit into multiple roles. That cannot be taken from him.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
User avatar
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 51035
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Re: Let's Give credit where it is due

Post by 1naija »

Bad belle x 3


YemiBrazil wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:09 am Can someone delete this nonsense!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
User avatar
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 51035
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Re: Let's Give credit where it is due

Post by 1naija »

Uncle you've shown bad belle for Yobo severally also. It doesn't surprise us that you will use a thread dedicated to one of the greatest defensive minds Nigeria has ever seen to profess your love for Rohr. What has Rohr got to do with our defenders performance today? Abeg make una carry una bad belle comot.
Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:22 am
txj wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:11 am
maceo4 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:42 am
txj wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:32 am To Rohr: for much of the spade work in building the squad and the options we have..
Mschew really? The majority of these players had played for Nigeria (at some level) before **** came. We can thank him for Okoye that’s about it. No need to associate our players doing well at their clubs to ****.


Not saying anything new here. His management work in building the squad to where we are today with the multiple options we have is probably the only real achievement one can assign him...Simply a fact...
I KPOM this statement. I have written severally that Rohr's trump card is really the fact that he has built a squad with players who can fit into multiple roles. That cannot be taken from him.
Last edited by 1naija on Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
User avatar
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 42443
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Contact:
Re: Let's Give credit where it is due

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:22 am
txj wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:11 am
maceo4 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:42 am
txj wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:32 am To Rohr: for much of the spade work in building the squad and the options we have..
Mschew really? The majority of these players had played for Nigeria (at some level) before **** came. We can thank him for Okoye that’s about it. No need to associate our players doing well at their clubs to ****.


Not saying anything new here. His management work in building the squad to where we are today with the multiple options we have is probably the only real achievement one can assign him...Simply a fact...
I KPOM this statement. I have written severally that Rohr's trump card is really the fact that he has built a squad with players who can fit into multiple roles. That cannot be taken from him.
Abeg make we hear word, he was there for 6 years, he’s clearly gonna go through many players in that time. But he didn’t really “discover” any, they just played at top teams and he picked them. Nothing special there that any other coach wouldn’t do, aside from unearthing Okoye. Please list all the players he unearthed from obscurity?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
User avatar
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 20343
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Re: Let's Give credit where it is due

Post by Enugu II »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:35 am
Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:22 am
txj wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:11 am
maceo4 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:42 am
txj wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:32 am To Rohr: for much of the spade work in building the squad and the options we have..
Mschew really? The majority of these players had played for Nigeria (at some level) before **** came. We can thank him for Okoye that’s about it. No need to associate our players doing well at their clubs to ****.
Mace

Is not about discovery. As I have stated multiple times, Rohr did build a squad where when we have an injured player now, no matter who it is, no one bats an eyelid. Positionally, we have players who can play in multiple spots. In my view, that cannot be taken away from him. His failure was just his lack of belief which eventually crept into the team and this view that only if you are playing in certain leagues or club are you worthwhile. It is a lack of knowledge of how African players are generally dispersed and the economic rationale behind that.

Abeg make we hear word, he was there for 6 years, he’s clearly gonna go through many players in that time. But he didn’t really “discover” any, they just played at top teams and he picked them. Nothing special there that any other coach wouldn’t do, aside from unearthing Okoye. Please list all the players he unearthed from obscurity?


Not saying anything new here. His management work in building the squad to where we are today with the multiple options we have is probably the only real achievement one can assign him...Simply a fact...
I KPOM this statement. I have written severally that Rohr's trump card is really the fact that he has built a squad with players who can fit into multiple roles. That cannot be taken from him.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
User avatar
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 50755
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Let's Give credit where it is due

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:49 pm Kudos to King Yobo for a well designed defense.

:D :D Bad Belle people, where una dey???
LOL.

But credit should go to **** for building (assembling) these players.

That was one thing he was good at but not at deploying them or having them play with this sort of confidence.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
User avatar
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 38658
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:01 am
Location: Eagles' Nest
Contact:
Re: Let's Give credit where it is due

Post by Robbynice »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:09 pm
mystic wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:06 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:49 pm Kudos to King Yobo for a well designed defense.

:D :D Bad Belle people, where una dey???
No doubt the most important instruction he gave his defense was to tie their shoelaces.
Just wooow :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :woot: :scared:
E shock you :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
User avatar
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 51035
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Re: Let's Give credit where it is due

Post by 1naija »

Didn't Rohr build the team for the 4 -4 Sierra Leone game that you all were blaming Yobo for? The thread is still there.

This post is about Yobo's impact on this particular game. You didn't have any problem giving Eguavoen credit for the same game, but you would rather give Rohr that you supposedly hate credit than acknowledge the great Yobo for his contribution. And you say you are pro Nigerian coach??. Is that not severe bad belle?
Cellular wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:26 am
1naija wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:49 pm Kudos to King Yobo for a well designed defense.

:D :D Bad Belle people, where una dey???
LOL.

But credit should go to **** for building (assembling) these players.

That was one thing he was good at but not at deploying them or having them play with this sort of confidence.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
kaysalaw
Egg
Egg
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:38 pm
Location: Aussie
Re: Let's Give credit where it is due

Post by kaysalaw »

Kudos to Yobo? I say kudos to Egu......Simple.
Image
User avatar
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 28702
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:22 pm
Contact:
Re: Let's Give credit where it is due

Post by omey2k4 »

1naija still trolling una since 2004 hahahahahaha
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
User avatar
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 50755
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Let's Give credit where it is due

Post by Cellular »

omey2k4 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:35 pm 1naija still trolling una since 2004 hahahahahaha
WOW! :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Ome2K22, you still remember your password?

Hope you are good bro. You go don marry and born plenty shildrens by now.

Good to see you post.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
User avatar
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 34963
Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Re: Let's Give credit where it is due

Post by cchinukw »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:09 pm
Rohr left a good defensive foundation to build on. :sneaky:
See your colo mentalised oblong gara :roll:

Instead make you ask Ifa for forgiveness you dey here dey form oyinbo na oyinbo :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :sneaky:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The only reason I can think of that God would have put Trump into office was because He ran out of locusts.
Agbako
Egg
Egg
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:01 am
Location: The Kingdom
Re: Let's Give credit where it is due

Post by Agbako »

one of the reasons. i never missed this site. At this day in age? when Fulani are killing us all. Na dis ethnic batting man deh come read here?. very sad indeed. ! Naija you are too good for dis abeg...
User avatar
Bigpokey24
Eagle
Eagle
Posts: 94334
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Location: Earth
Re: Let's Give credit where it is due

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:35 am
Enugu II wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:22 am
txj wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:11 am
maceo4 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:42 am
txj wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:32 am To Rohr: for much of the spade work in building the squad and the options we have..
Mschew really? The majority of these players had played for Nigeria (at some level) before **** came. We can thank him for Okoye that’s about it. No need to associate our players doing well at their clubs to ****.


Not saying anything new here. His management work in building the squad to where we are today with the multiple options we have is probably the only real achievement one can assign him...Simply a fact...
I KPOM this statement. I have written severally that Rohr's trump card is really the fact that he has built a squad with players who can fit into multiple roles. That cannot be taken from him.
Abeg make we hear word, he was there for 6 years, he’s clearly gonna go through many players in that time. But he didn’t really “discover” any, they just played at top teams and he picked them. Nothing special there that any other coach wouldn’t do, aside from unearthing Okoye. Please list all the players he unearthed from obscurity?
actually he didn't even find Okoye, our u23 found him
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
User avatar
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 28702
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:22 pm
Contact:
Re: Let's Give credit where it is due

Post by omey2k4 »

Cellular wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:29 pm
omey2k4 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:35 pm 1naija still trolling una since 2004 hahahahahaha
WOW! :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Ome2K22, you still remember your password?

Hope you are good bro. You go don marry and born plenty shildrens by now.

Good to see you post.
broda Cellular i surprise too lol..no no pikin yet,single now oh but yes oh I returned after many years only to see that V eagle guy talking about football lol
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
User avatar
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 13797
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Re: Let's Give credit where it is due

Post by ANC »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:09 pm
mystic wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:06 pm
1naija wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:49 pm Kudos to King Yobo for a well designed defense.

:D :D Bad Belle people, where una dey???
No doubt the most important instruction he gave his defense was to tie their shoelaces.
Just wooow :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :woot: :scared:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
User avatar
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 13797
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Re: Let's Give credit where it is due

Post by ANC »

Agbako wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm one of the reasons. i never missed this site. At this day in age? when Fulani are killing us all. Na dis ethnic batting man deh come read here?. very sad indeed. ! Naija you are too good for dis abeg...
huh :???:
User avatar
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 28702
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:22 pm
Contact:
Re: Let's Give credit where it is due

Post by omey2k4 »

ANC wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:34 am
Agbako wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm one of the reasons. i never missed this site. At this day in age? when Fulani are killing us all. Na dis ethnic batting man deh come read here?. very sad indeed. ! Naija you are too good for dis abeg...
huh :???:
This guy na #11 for field left winger,,his comment just go left lol
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^

Post Reply