How Revitalized Nigeria Beat Egypt........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
How Revitalized Nigeria Beat Egypt........

Post by Enugu II »

But Egypt's hopes did not materialize against Nigeria. Instead, it was the West Africans that were on the front foot for the most part. Moses Simon, explosive down the flank, was a nightmare for Egypt as he tormented Egypt repeatedly.
But Egypt, completely under the Cush, recovered gradually as Nigeria appeared to tire. It was only then that the clustered Salah made an appearance. Egypt had played Salah centrally attempting to take advantage of his speed over the slow-paced Nigerian central defense but with Nigeria's pressure on the ball, Salah had seen very few opportunities.
DETAILS FOUND BY CLICKING ON LINK BELOW:
http://eaglecity.blogspot.com/2022/01/r ... nt-in.html
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How Revitalized Nigeria Beat Egypt........

Post by vancity eagle »

Firing Rohr was the best thing we could have done. It looks like the gamble has paid off. Best SE game since beating Cameroon 4-0.
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:59 pm Firing Rohr was the best thing we could have done. It looks like the gamble has paid off. Best SE game since beating Cameroon 4-0.
It is, and was NOT a gamble. His antics were apparent to the discerning even before WC 2018. He should have been fired after the WC 2018 Argentina game. Pinnick, and Rohr engaged in 419 against the Nigerian people, and global fans of the SuperEagles.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Even without Osimhen. I said there is enough talent to win Afcon. I know my people. Never ever under estimate Nigeria.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:21 pm Even without Osimhen. I said there is enough talent to win Afcon. I know my people. Never ever under estimate Nigeria.
I said that playing this tournament without Osimehn is a blessing in disguise. We were too reliant for him, and we need to figure out who our other options are.
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:24 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:21 pm Even without Osimhen. I said there is enough talent to win Afcon. I know my people. Never ever under estimate Nigeria.
I said that playing this tournament without Osimehn is a blessing in disguise. We were too reliant for him, and we need to figure out who our other options are.
more like lack of confidence considering who our coach was at the time, if he was in the team it would have just been him instead of Awoniyi and it might have been a different scoreline
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

Before the tournament, this looked to be an AFCON too early for Nigeria's current generation to win, but such was the convincing and (relatively) controlled manner of their victory over Egypt, perhaps they are right on time.
Few nations in the competition have a central midfield pairing on par with Wilfred Ndidi and Joe Aribo. If Augustine Eguavoen can solve some teething problems around the final third then the "outside" chance of Nigeria triumphing in this tournament could get a little less outside
Carl Anka
theathletic.com

:clap:
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold