Omeruo was immense today

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Omeruo was immense today

Post by Tobi17 »

He hasn't been mentioned in the post match raves of the match but the lad did his job with stone cold efficiency, he formed a solid partnership with Ekong and brought the ball forward with some aplomb... he also have the nice ball to Moses that initiated the goal
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Omeruo was immense today

Post by Lolly »

And someone was abusing me for saying he should start ahead of Awazien and Ajayi due to his experience. :taunt: :taunt:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

His play was very clean. It looks like he’s become a better defender in Spain. His team isn’t doing well in La Liga 2 so he’s been in the trenches there. I hope he’s snapped up by a top level team
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:28 pm And someone was abusing me for saying he should start ahead of Awazien and Ajayi due to his experience. :taunt: :taunt:
I didn't abuse you but did disagree with your view that he is one of the best defenders in the world. :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Yes, he was excellent
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

He was solid today. Although Ekong and Omeruo aren't the quickest, they weren't exposed.

I thought Awazeim would start. I wonder if he's fit. Anway both CDs did so well that I would retain them for the next game.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Are you sure that's why he was abusing you?
Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:28 pm And someone was abusing me for saying he should start ahead of Awazien and Ajayi due to his experience. :taunt: :taunt:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Before nko? He's played in 2 ANC's and hasn't disappointed, I was wondering what all the fear was about, these are African teams we are playing for goodness sakes, he can definitely hang...But he might be out for a while with that injury, looked like a serious groin which might put him out of the tournament, I hope Ajayi and Awaziem are ready to deputize.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

Omeruo was huge today. I questioned his selection but man was I wrong or what!!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:35 pm
I didn't abuse you but did disagree with your view that he is one of the best defenders in the world. :taunt:
Dokita, when did I call him one of the best defenders in the world? :lol:

BTW, it wasn't you who abused me. The person knows himself.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:38 pm

Omeruo was good, no-nonsense defender and his forward passes were great as well :clap: :clap: :clap: proud to be wrong…he was good today

I heard that Okoye had time to go to Starbucks and come back
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:43 pm

Omeruo was good, no-nonsense defender and his forward passes were great as well :clap: :clap: :clap: proud to be wrong…he was good today

You are one funny individual sha, been telling you to calm down you no gree :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:46 pm

You are one funny individual sha, been telling you to calm down you no gree :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
How can I be calm after Rohr?? I still have nightmares from the last WC
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:47 pm

Eff that joker man! :rotf: He would have played 5 in the back with Simon at RWB and we would all be complaining how much Simon sucks. Then would have convinced the players the best they could do is avoid a heavy loss since none of them plays for Liverpool...mschew
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:50 pm

Eff that joker man! :rotf: He would have played 5 in the back with Simon at RWB and we would all be complaining how much Simon sucks. Then would have convinced the players the best they could do is avoid a heavy loss since none of them plays for Liverpool...mschew
Were you in town when we played at AFCON 2019, just 2 years ago? You guys keep going on about how bad Rohr was but you are just being disingenuous.

mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Yeah he went to Starbucks and returned just in the nick of time to stick out that leg that denied Mo Salah.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:53 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:35 pm I didn't abuse you but did disagree with your view that he is one of the best defenders in the world. :taunt:

Were you in town when we played at AFCON 2019, just 2 years ago? You guys keep going on about how bad Rohr was but you are just being disingenuous.
Yes….I watched us get hammered by MADAGASCAR :curse: :curse:

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:57 pm

Are you minding Lolly, has he forgotten how we struggled in such a useless group and ended up second to the mighty MADAGASCAR!!!!! Imagine! **** wins the customary bronze that is almost our birthright and they are here cheering mediocrity.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

And we got to the semi finals beating bigger team like Cameroon and South Africa. Meanwhile, what happened to Madagascar?

Argentina lost to Cameroon in Italia 90 and got to the final
Italy lost to Ireland in USA 94 and got to the final
Spain lost to Switzerland in SA 2010 and ended up winning the cup

That's furball in case you don't know.

Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:11 pm

And we got to the semi finals beating bigger team like Cameroon and South Africa. Meanwhile, what happened to Madagascar?

Lolly tell urself the truth…

Cameroun, Ireland, Switzerland…..these are teams that can beat you on any given day…..

MADAGASCAR man MADAGASCAR….

They didn’t get lucky…..they hammered us.

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enyi wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:15 pm
Lolly wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:11 pm

Lolly tell urself the truth…

Cameroun, Ireland, Switzerland…..these are teams that can beat you on any given day…..

MADAGASCAR man MADAGASCAR….

They didn’t get lucky…..they hammered us.
You don't understand football. I am tired of lecturing you. You are the same one who was questioning my suggestion to start Omeruo instead of Awaziem due to his tournament experience. Shey you saw what he did today?

Teams have slipups now and again. All big teams have had the odd one here and there. Germany hammered Brazil at home 7-1 in a Word Cup semi-final. The same Madagascar in that tournament lost to Tunisia 3-0 in the quarterfinals and we beat Tunisia 1-0 in the 3rd place match. That is furball. If we play Madagascar 10 times, we will beat them 99.99% of the time.

OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

:clap: :clap: no nonsense
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli