This is why we anted GroundNut Rogue OUT!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bell
Egg
Egg
Re: This is why we anted GroundNut Rogue OUT!

Post by Bell »

Tbite wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:18 am I think funnily enough, local coaches in Nigeria are massively underrated.

If you check out the stats of Amodu, Eguavoen, Siasia etc., it is much better than you would think, owing to some of the comments you see on CE.

I am not saying don't hire an FC. No far from it. But I think Nigerians significantly underestimate the LCs, and significantly overestimate just how much we need an FC.

Realistically few FCs have been good for us. Bonfrere, Westerhoff, Otto Gloria?

How many have been bad?

Let me put it this way, we have had more good local coaches than we have had good foreign coaches. How many bad LCs have we had? Onigbinde? Keshi's win record was not the best, but he made up for it with silverware. I suppose Oliseh's record awas average.

By the stats, an FC coach is more likely to fail than succeed, in fact, it has been a long time since we had a decent FC. Rohr was the closest we have come to a good FC in 25 years, and even he was not what we required! Somebody tell the NFF this!
WELL, IF YOU WON'T SAY IT, I WILL...

...don't ever hire an FC again.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:16 am Don't blame Rohr, he is an another Z lister coach coming to Africa to collect his retirement checks, the blame is on Pinnick who hires these clowns that don't know anything about Nigerian football. We gotta root Eguaveon to win this tournament and see if that clown hires another overrated European.
THE PROBLEM WITH RORH & FC's IS THAT...

...they are not emotionally invested and they are guilty of what a former US president called the the soft bigotry of low expectations. They couldn't care less how Nigeria performs with all they want is just securing their financial futures. It is unbelievable that Nigerians, particularly those who live in Europe, still embrace this tendency.
Bell
Silver-Shadow
Egg
Egg

Post by Silver-Shadow »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:00 pm I dont know what will happen next with this team. What i do know is that we were proved right today! Those of us who have been saying that **** was dragging the team down and he was the biggest reason the team was poor, have been proven right!

Thank God, that horrid human being is gone! Tufia! Imagine not being able to watch your own team for more than a year because some low life made you lose interest!
Need to separate the professional from the personal. He is a very decent human being. You may attack his professional competence in that scenario but not his person. Everyone knows Rohr is a decent human being.
No Escape
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:31 am
danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:43 am
txj wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:33 pm Interesting that as an ex coach of the SE, Rohr gets more mentions on CE than the current manager.

The man is gone. Move on folks. Move on...
The current coach doesnt care about his name being mentioned. He doesnt need it! Unlike the german criminal, he is here to give and to serve his country. After which he has told you that he is going back to his real job.

Thatv. bas-tard will not rest until he apologizes for trying to destroy our team and turning Nigerians against our own players. The low life not only made you guys say our players are crap, he lied against them, claiming that they told him they wanted to turn their back against their own country for a criminal whose face looks like bottle opener! thunder faya him wherever he is!

I'd rather we focus and talk about the current manager. He is the only one relevant atm.
I dont think thats how communication works. Its not narrowly tailored. We can speak about both at the same time. After all, many people here have masters, PHDs and other professional degrees... we should all be able to walk and chew gum at the same time.

Oh! before I forget sef, Groundnut Rogue is a bas-ta-rd!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:57 am
txj wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:33 pm Interesting that as an ex coach of the SE, Rohr gets more mentions on CE than the current manager.

The current coach doesnt care about his name being mentioned. He doesnt need it! Unlike the german criminal, he is here to give and to serve his country. After which he has told you that he is going back to his real job.

Thatv. bas-tard will not rest until he apologizes for trying to destroy our team and turning Nigerians against our own players. The low life not only made you guys say our players are crap, he lied against them, claiming that they told him they wanted to turn their back against their own country for a criminal whose face looks like bottle opener! thunder faya him wherever he is!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
That was you being your usual nasty self, calling our players “homosexuals”(your favourite), bribe givers and takers, rapists, liars and anything else you could find on your nasty little black book of baseless, gratuitous insults.
And guess what? It started way before Rohr ever came on the scene. Remember now?

Oya….deny it. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Remember when you were a moderator and you tried to flex your power? And I took you to the cleaners and humiliated you? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Power pass power! Never forget that! :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Silver-Shadow wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:52 am
danfo driver wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:00 pm I dont know what will happen next with this team. What i do know is that we were proved right today! Those of us who have been saying that **** was dragging the team down and he was the biggest reason the team was poor, have been proven right!

Thank God, that horrid human being is gone! Tufia! Imagine not being able to watch your own team for more than a year because some low life made you lose interest!
Need to separate the professional from the personal. He is a very decent human being. You may attack his professional competence in that scenario but not his person. Everyone knows Rohr is a decent human being.
Thunda will fire him! He is a horrid human being who was stealing from us--- collecting paycheck while doing nothing! Free house, car, driver, cook, gate man and doing nothing! Spent his days fooking our women! He is a bas-tard! And like I said, we will never hear about him again, because no country will touch him. Useless man!

Feel free to sue me! :taunt:
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Even the Rohr supporters will agree on this one! How we kept this guy for close 6 years is still a mystery to me.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:07 am

That was you being your usual nasty self, calling our players “homosexuals”(your favourite), bribe givers and takers, rapists, liars and anything else you could find on your nasty little black book of baseless, gratuitous insults.
And guess what? It started way before Rohr ever came on the scene. Remember now?

Remember when you were a moderator and you tried to flex your power? And I took you to the cleaners and humiliated you? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You love your fantasies don’t you.
Cleaners ko, domestic ni.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:38 am
danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:07 am

You love your fantasies don’t you.
Cleaners ko, domestic ni.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I know it hurts bro, I know it hurts. I put you in your place and it was very easy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Try me again. :D
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Wait. damunk is no longer a mod? Wetin happen....we must investigate
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:48 pm Wait. damunk is no longer a mod? Wetin happen....we must investigate
The guy came for me and I took him out! Told him that day that for trying me, I will end his modship and he was beating his chest. Here we are? :lol: :lol: :lol: Not only did I humiliate him that day, i got him removed. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Wow.....no wonder bobo has been on a low profile of late. He lost his mentor **** and now this....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:16 am

I'd rather we focus and talk about the current manager. He is the only one relevant atm.
Txj

But you are unable to dictate what people would want to discuss. In my view, a discussion on Rohr as well as Keshi remain relevant pertaining to this AFCON. (1) Rohr blooded several of these players and thus there will be tons of references to him, and (2) there may also be references to Kesdhi because Nigeria won its last AFGCON under Keshi. Those correlations are organic and lead to the mention of those two. As long as human beings are involved in discussions whether here or in a beer parlor as this AFCON and Nigeria- (Enugu to Kano), Rohr will be a MAJOR MAJOR part of it.

I'm just expressing my opinion about other people's opinions.

I'm not sure you know the difference between that and dictating to people.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

gochino wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:16 am

Even the Rohr supporters will agree on this one! How we kept this guy for close 6 years is still a mystery to me.
...you kept him because you did not have the money to pay him off outright, simple as that. Tell and admit to the truth.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Bell wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:56 am
Benedict Iroha wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:16 am Don't blame Rohr, he is an another Z lister coach coming to Africa to collect his retirement checks, the blame is on Pinnick who hires these clowns that don't know anything about Nigerian football. We gotta root Eguaveon to win this tournament and see if that clown hires another overrated European.
THE PROBLEM WITH RORH & FC's IS THAT...

...they are not emotionally invested and they are guilty of what a former US president called the the soft bigotry of low expectations. They couldn't care less how Nigeria performs with all they want is just securing their financial futures. It is unbelievable that Nigerians, particularly those who live in Europe, still embrace this tendency.
Bell
Not true. He cares but cannot care like a local but he cares as much as a foreign coach can. The man just has a diff philosophy that is outdated.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Txj

But you are unable to dictate what people would want to discuss. In my view, a discussion on Rohr as well as Keshi remain relevant pertaining to this AFCON. (1) Rohr blooded several of these players and thus there will be tons of references to him, and (2) there may also be references to Kesdhi because Nigeria won its last AFGCON under Keshi. Those correlations are organic and lead to the mention of those two. As long as human beings are involved in discussions whether here or in a beer parlor as this AFCON and Nigeria- (Enugu to Kano), Rohr will be a MAJOR MAJOR part of it.
Thank you. I don’t understand the “move on” crowd. It’s like they’re afraid Rohr wouldn’t measure up. Leave people to talk about what they want to talk about. They’re fans who just went through trauma-inducing football. Let them work out their trauma anyway they know how. If you don’t like the topic of conversation, you move on.

Imagine for a moment that Egu’s team lost the first 2 games by 4-0 a piece, would you not compare him to Rohr???

All over CE, the move on police is roaming…seems they’re the ones that need that advice
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

deanotito wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:37 am

Txj

Thank you. I don’t understand the “move on” crowd. It’s like they’re afraid Rohr wouldn’t measure up. Leave people to talk about what they want to talk about. They’re fans who just went through trauma-inducing football. Let them work out their trauma anyway they know how. If you don’t like the topic of conversation, you move on.

Imagine for a moment that Egu’s team lost the first 2 games by 4-0 a piece, would you not compare him to Rohr???

All over CE, the move on police is roaming…seems they’re the ones that need that advice
:clap: