This is why we anted GroundNut Rogue OUT!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
This is why we anted GroundNut Rogue OUT!

Post by danfo driver »

I dont know what will happen next with this team. What i do know is that we were proved right today! Those of us who have been saying that **** was dragging the team down and he was the biggest reason the team was poor, have been proven right!

Thank God, that horrid human being is gone! Tufia! Imagine not being able to watch your own team for more than a year because some low life made you lose interest!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Agbako
Egg
Egg
Re: This is why we anted GroundNut Rogue OUT!

Post by Agbako »

You can say it again as LOUD AS YOU CAN.. I went to see My team play against Cape Verde in Lagos. I cried leaving the stadium. I can pick a team in Suru lere that play better than what I saw...
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Agbako wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:58 pm You can say it again as LOUD AS YOU CAN.. I went to see My team play against Cape Verde in Lagos. I cried leaving the stadium. I can pick a team in Suru lere that play better than what I saw...
Agbako

Are you sure you cried? I jus wan know. 😩
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

the ****bots will never show face.. CAR , Cape Verde and Salone says hello
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria starting to get her grove back. Look at how players like Aina is enjoying his football.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I smiled all through while watching our match highlights for the game today, I haven't seen such clinical display of attacking football in a WHILE, yes we missed some easy chances, but my mind kept drifting back with nostalgic relish back to our 1994 team whenever we moved the ball forward with such finesse and purpose, Eguavoen truly has his Nigerian football DNA intact.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Interesting that as an ex coach of the SE, Rohr gets more mentions on CE than the current manager.

The man is gone. Move on folks. Move on...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

txj wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:33 pm Interesting that as an ex coach of the SE, Rohr gets more mentions on CE than the current manager.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

waka-man wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:27 pm
txj wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:33 pm Interesting that as an ex coach of the SE, Rohr gets more mentions on CE than the current manager.

He just left, haba allow us to gloat and celebrate :)
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Don't blame Rohr, he is an another Z lister coach coming to Africa to collect his retirement checks, the blame is on Pinnick who hires these clowns that don't know anything about Nigerian football. We gotta root Eguaveon to win this tournament and see if that clown hires another overrated European.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:16 am Don't blame Rohr, he is an another Z lister coach coming to Africa to collect his retirement checks, the blame is on Pinnick who hires these clowns that don't know anything about Nigerian football. We gotta root Eguaveon to win this tournament and see if that clown hires another overrated European.
Done already :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The current coach doesnt care about his name being mentioned. He doesnt need it! Unlike the german criminal, he is here to give and to serve his country. After which he has told you that he is going back to his real job.

Thatv. bas-tard will not rest until he apologizes for trying to destroy our team and turning Nigerians against our own players. The low life not only made you guys say our players are crap, he lied against them, claiming that they told him they wanted to turn their back against their own country for a criminal whose face looks like bottle opener! thunder faya him wherever he is!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:43 am

The current coach doesnt care about his name being mentioned. He doesnt need it! Unlike the german criminal, he is here to give and to serve his country. After which he has told you that he is going back to his real job.

Thatv. bas-tard will not rest until he apologizes for trying to destroy our team and turning Nigerians against our own players. The low life not only made you guys say our players are crap, he lied against them, claiming that they told him they wanted to turn their back against their own country for a criminal whose face looks like bottle opener! thunder faya him wherever he is!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: oh my goodness wetin be this ..chei
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I'd rather we focus and talk about the current manager. He is the only one relevant atm.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Stop looking backwards.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:31 am

I'd rather we focus and talk about the current manager. He is the only one relevant atm.
Txj

But you are unable to dictate what people would want to discuss. In my view, a discussion on Rohr as well as Keshi remain relevant pertaining to this AFCON. (1) Rohr blooded several of these players and thus there will be tons of references to him, and (2) there may also be references to Kesdhi because Nigeria won its last AFGCON under Keshi. Those correlations are organic and lead to the mention of those two. As long as human beings are involved in discussions whether here or in a beer parlor as this AFCON and Nigeria- (Enugu to Kano), Rohr will be a MAJOR MAJOR part of it.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We are destined to make the sames mistakes if don;t record and learn from history. We should never forget Rohr.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I think funnily enough, local coaches in Nigeria are massively underrated.

If you check out the stats of Amodu, Eguavoen, Siasia etc., it is much better than you would think, owing to some of the comments you see on CE.

I am not saying don't hire an FC. No far from it. But I think Nigerians significantly underestimate the LCs, and significantly overestimate just how much we need an FC.

Realistically few FCs have been good for us. Bonfrere, Westerhoff, Otto Gloria?

How many have been bad?

Let me put it this way, we have had more good local coaches than we have had good foreign coaches. How many bad LCs have we had? Onigbinde? Keshi's win record was not the best, but he made up for it with silverware. I suppose Oliseh's record awas average.

By the stats, an FC coach is more likely to fail than succeed, in fact, it has been a long time since we had a decent FC. Rohr was the closest we have come to a good FC in 25 years, and even he was not what we required! Somebody tell the NFF this!
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Tbite wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:18 am I think funnily enough, local coaches in Nigeria are massively underrated.

If you check out the stats of Amodu, Eguavoen, Siasia etc., it is much better than you would think, owing to some of the comments you see on CE.

I am not saying don't hire an FC. No far from it. But I think Nigerians significantly underestimate the LCs, and significantly overestimate just how much we need an FC.

Realistically few FCs have been good for us. Bonfrere, Westerhoff, Otto Gloria?

How many have been bad?

Let me put it this way, we have had more good local coaches than we have had good foreign coaches. How many bad LCs have we had? Onigbinde? Keshi's win record was not the best, but he made up for it with silverware. I suppose Oliseh's record awas average.

By the stats, an FC coach is more likely to fail than succeed, in fact, it has been a long time since we had a decent FC. Rohr was the closest we have come to a good FC in 25 years, and even he was not what we required! Somebody tell the NFF this!
Tbite,

That much is obvious and I have written about this several times. The stats under local managers have been quite similar with stats under foreign managers. I have long stated that the idea of stating that one is better than the other is not supported by stats. It is better to seek some other explanatory variables beyond local and foreign.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Nah I'm not forgetting Rohr, that old fraud actually convinced me to believe my team wasn't good enough by the way he played down our quality/ability with such uncanny nonchalance, that man sold me the lowest of expectations and I bought into it, so much so that I started to believe it was alright to struggle against the likes of CAR, Cape Verde etc ... May we never repeat a mistake like Rohr ever again in Nigerian football... I'll rather we win and lose with a LC, at least we know it's our own and there will be a considerable measure of accountability.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Replying to EII

I suspect the thinking of the NFF is that Nigeria "hit a wall".

We are good in Africa, but ordinarily we occupy a space that is above average but below the gold. We have a lot of silver and bronze medals.

So the NFF most likely does not value the LCs, even if they win, because their successes are seen as good but not great. The idea of an FC is probably seen as a necessary gamble.

I.e. lets hope for a foreign messiah than settle for guaranteed bronze. Of course there is the world cup element, which is even if you win AFCON, perhaps your brand of football is subpar for the world stage (see Keshi).

but I think this is still unreasonable. A gamble is a gamble, no matter how you rationalise it. And the stats show that this is not a particularly good gamble.

Why?

Let us break it down into two elements

1)Understanding the team 2)Understanding the game.

With the LCs, at least you will have 1/2 variables. With the FC, you often have none. We typically hire second or third tier FCs. A better strategy for the NFF, might be investing in the LCs to see if they can add some extra value to them.

Or if they must go the FC route, I suggest seriously scouting the European scene for up and coming coaches that may be undervalued (in gambling, this would be called a value bet). The idea that a journeyman has enough collective experience to sum into something useful is naive. We place too much value on the collective sum of mediocre experience.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

waka-man wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:27 pm

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
It was always an emotional matter.
That’s why they must rinse it until they feel they get ‘closure’.
Allow them. :bump:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
That was you being your usual nasty self, calling our players “homosexuals”(your favourite), bribe givers and takers, rapists, liars and anything else you could find on your nasty little black book of baseless, gratuitous insults.
And guess what? It started way before Rohr ever came on the scene. Remember now?

Oya….deny it. :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "