I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

User avatar
iworo
Egg
Egg
Posts: 2536
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:39 pm
Location: New York
I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by iworo »

AFCON 2021: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Image

Super Eagles interim coach, Austin Eguavoen, has said he will remain the boss ahead of the new permanent handler of the team, Jose Peseiro.

Peseiro will take over from Eguavoen after the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon.



The Portuguese was appointed as Gernot Rohr’s successor just before the tournament kicked off.

Although Eguavoen will be in charge of the Nigerian team, Peseiro is expected to watch as an observer.

Eguavoen has now made it clear he will remain his boss during and after the AFCON.

“I can say, I’m the boss of the new coach and we have been talking,” Eguavoen said at his press conference ahead of the game.

“Collaboration is good. Anything we are doing here, it’s important we build a team for him to continue when he takes over and add his own style.” he said.

https://www.withinnigeria.com/news/2022 ... -eguavoen/
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 26945
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:51 am
Re: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by Tbite »

Well he is the technical director.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 14322
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Location: USA
Re: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by deanotito »

I honestly wish he didn’t talk like this. Everyone knows he ain’t the boss in the real sense of things. No need to be generating controversy
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
User avatar
Bigpokey24
Eagle
Eagle
Posts: 94334
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Location: Earth
Re: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by Bigpokey24 »

deanotito wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:33 am I honestly wish he didn’t talk like this. Everyone knows he ain’t the boss in the real sense of things. No need to be generating controversy
You are wrong here. Egu is actually his boss and can recommend his sack at anytime
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
doctorollie
Egg
Egg
Posts: 712
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:29 pm
Re: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by doctorollie »

GIVE THE JOB TO EGUAVOEN ON A PERMANENT BASIS!
User avatar
waka-man
Egg
Egg
Posts: 4066
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:49 pm
Re: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by waka-man »

Even if he wasn’t his boss before, he’s his boss now. Egu just needs to hold this team together, continue to play the brand of football we showed against Egypt, and he’ll be the People’s Boss for as long as wants to be.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
User avatar
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 18939
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Re: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:33 am I honestly wish he didn’t talk like this. Everyone knows he ain’t the boss in the real sense of things. No need to be generating controversy
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You wish the boss didnt say he is the boss, when everyone knows he is the boss? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dude, the Technical Director is FACTUALLY the boss of the coach. This is not even up for discussion, its a fact. And as he said, his subordinate is already speaking with him.
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 18939
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Re: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by danfo driver »

doctorollie wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:24 am GIVE THE JOB TO EGUAVOEN ON A PERMANENT BASIS!
The guy literally just told you that he is NOT interested in a demotion. :oops:
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg
Posts: 8733
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:59 pm
Re: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by Goldleaf »



According to Melvin Amaju Pinnick, NFF President:
Whether Eguavoen wins this AFCON or not, Peseiro takes over.
Eguavoen is the NFF Technical Director and returns to his post after AFCON.
You can control your choice, but not necessarily the consequences
User avatar
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 24036
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Location: Ukwuani
Re: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by Odas »

doctorollie wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:24 am GIVE THE JOB TO EGUAVOEN ON A PERMANENT BASIS!
That's what I said long ago, not because of our defeating Egypt, but because I think he can do the job successfully
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
User avatar
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 24036
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Location: Ukwuani
Re: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by Odas »

waka-man wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:03 am Even if he wasn’t his boss before, he’s his boss now. Egu just needs to hold this team together, continue to play the brand of football we showed against Egypt, and he’ll be the People’s Boss for as long as wants to be.
Sure, provided he is getting results, in addition to playing the brand of football like we did yesterday against Egypt. As we all know, 'brand of football' alone is not enough
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 14322
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:14 pm
Location: USA
Re: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by deanotito »

Goldleaf wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:15 am

According to Melvin Amaju Pinnick, NFF President:
Whether Eguavoen wins this AFCON or not, Peseiro takes over.
Eguavoen is the NFF Technical Director and returns to his post after AFCON.
The real boss is telling you who the boss is
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
User avatar
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 52201
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Re: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by mcal »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:48 am
deanotito wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:33 am I honestly wish he didn’t talk like this. Everyone knows he ain’t the boss in the real sense of things. No need to be generating controversy
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You wish the boss didnt say he is the boss, when everyone knows he is the boss? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dude, the Technical Director is FACTUALLY the boss of the coach. This is not even up for discussion, its a fact. And as he said, his subordinate is already speaking with him.
...was he (Egu) part of hiring the new guy?
A technical director may be the boss of a coach but not so in a Nigeria setting.
Na the person wey control the money be the boss.
Our way of doing things is legendarily crude aka backwards.
User avatar
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 27475
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:01 pm
Location: Copacabana
Contact:
Re: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by YemiBrazil »

mcal wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:40 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:48 am
deanotito wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:33 am I honestly wish he didn’t talk like this. Everyone knows he ain’t the boss in the real sense of things. No need to be generating controversy
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You wish the boss didnt say he is the boss, when everyone knows he is the boss? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dude, the Technical Director is FACTUALLY the boss of the coach. This is not even up for discussion, its a fact. And as he said, his subordinate is already speaking with him.
...was he (Egu) part of hiring the new guy?
A technical director may be the boss of a coach but not so in a Nigeria setting.
Na the person wey control the money be the boss.
Our way of doing things is legendarily crude aka backwards.
So, who controls the money in this case... Nigerian expert based in Arizona where the person with the money is not the boss :taunt:

Take it or leave it, Egu is the boss.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***
SUPER EAGLES!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
User avatar
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 52201
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Re: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by mcal »

YemiBrazil wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:04 pm
mcal wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:40 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:48 am
deanotito wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:33 am I honestly wish he didn’t talk like this. Everyone knows he ain’t the boss in the real sense of things. No need to be generating controversy
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You wish the boss didnt say he is the boss, when everyone knows he is the boss? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dude, the Technical Director is FACTUALLY the boss of the coach. This is not even up for discussion, its a fact. And as he said, his subordinate is already speaking with him.
...was he (Egu) part of hiring the new guy?
A technical director may be the boss of a coach but not so in a Nigeria setting.
Na the person wey control the money be the boss.
Our way of doing things is legendarily crude aka backwards.
So, who controls the money in this case... Nigerian expert based in Arizona where the person with the money is not the boss :taunt:

Take it or leave it, Egu is the boss.
...no qualms. On paper Egu is the boss, when it comes to hiring, firing and paying we no sey na oga Picknic aka Arsenal thug at the top :lol:
User avatar
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 27475
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:01 pm
Location: Copacabana
Contact:
Re: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by YemiBrazil »

mcal wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:03 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:04 pm
mcal wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:40 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:48 am
deanotito wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:33 am I honestly wish he didn’t talk like this. Everyone knows he ain’t the boss in the real sense of things. No need to be generating controversy
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You wish the boss didnt say he is the boss, when everyone knows he is the boss? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dude, the Technical Director is FACTUALLY the boss of the coach. This is not even up for discussion, its a fact. And as he said, his subordinate is already speaking with him.
...was he (Egu) part of hiring the new guy?
A technical director may be the boss of a coach but not so in a Nigeria setting.
Na the person wey control the money be the boss.
Our way of doing things is legendarily crude aka backwards.
So, who controls the money in this case... Nigerian expert based in Arizona where the person with the money is not the boss :taunt:

Take it or leave it, Egu is the boss.
...no qualms. On paper Egu is the boss, when it comes to hiring, firing and paying we no sey na oga Picknic aka Arsenal thug at the top :lol:
Well, Egu never said he is Picknic's boss - read the thread topic again :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***
SUPER EAGLES!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
User avatar
Bigpokey24
Eagle
Eagle
Posts: 94334
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Location: Earth
Re: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by Bigpokey24 »

YemiBrazil wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:14 pm
mcal wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:03 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:04 pm
mcal wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:40 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:48 am
deanotito wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:33 am I honestly wish he didn’t talk like this. Everyone knows he ain’t the boss in the real sense of things. No need to be generating controversy
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You wish the boss didnt say he is the boss, when everyone knows he is the boss? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dude, the Technical Director is FACTUALLY the boss of the coach. This is not even up for discussion, its a fact. And as he said, his subordinate is already speaking with him.
...was he (Egu) part of hiring the new guy?
A technical director may be the boss of a coach but not so in a Nigeria setting.
Na the person wey control the money be the boss.
Our way of doing things is legendarily crude aka backwards.
So, who controls the money in this case... Nigerian expert based in Arizona where the person with the money is not the boss :taunt:

Take it or leave it, Egu is the boss.
...no qualms. On paper Egu is the boss, when it comes to hiring, firing and paying we no sey na oga Picknic aka Arsenal thug at the top :lol:
Well, Egu never said he is Picknic's boss - read the thread topic again :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: you should know that mcal is on auto pilot, never reads nada, just auto pilot anything to yab naija...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
User avatar
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 33149
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: Rehab!
Contact:
Re: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by 100%Naija »

deanotito wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:33 am I honestly wish he didn’t talk like this. Everyone knows he ain’t the boss in the real sense of things. No need to be generating controversy
I know exactly what you mean.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
doctorollie
Egg
Egg
Posts: 712
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:29 pm
Re: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by doctorollie »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:49 am
doctorollie wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:24 am GIVE THE JOB TO EGUAVOEN ON A PERMANENT BASIS!
The guy literally just told you that he is NOT interested in a demotion. :oops:
Where did he exactly say this? 🙄🙄🙄
olu
Egg
Egg
Posts: 3249
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Re: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by olu »

I didn't like that comment either. Is the Technical Director really the coach's boss? Asking cause I don't know. I thought they were just separate positions with different duties.
User avatar
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 52201
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Re: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by mcal »

olu wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:02 pm I didn't like that comment either. Is the Technical Director really the coach's boss? Asking cause I don't know. I thought they were just separate positions with different duties.
...you dey mind Nigerians.
For our people, as long as you have a desk and an office shuffling papers, you be oga patapata.
Plus official car with a driver to boot :lol: :lol:
User avatar
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Posts: 52201
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Re: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by mcal »

YemiBrazil wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:14 pm
mcal wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:03 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:04 pm
mcal wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:40 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:48 am
deanotito wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:33 am I honestly wish he didn’t talk like this. Everyone knows he ain’t the boss in the real sense of things. No need to be generating controversy
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You wish the boss didnt say he is the boss, when everyone knows he is the boss? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Dude, the Technical Director is FACTUALLY the boss of the coach. This is not even up for discussion, its a fact. And as he said, his subordinate is already speaking with him.
...was he (Egu) part of hiring the new guy?
A technical director may be the boss of a coach but not so in a Nigeria setting.
Na the person wey control the money be the boss.
Our way of doing things is legendarily crude aka backwards.
So, who controls the money in this case... Nigerian expert based in Arizona where the person with the money is not the boss :taunt:

Take it or leave it, Egu is the boss.
...no qualms. On paper Egu is the boss, when it comes to hiring, firing and paying we no sey na oga Picknic aka Arsenal thug at the top :lol:
Well, Egu never said he is Picknic's boss - read the thread topic again :lol:
...na you dey misunderstand my writing. I never said Egu over Picknic.
The comments and argument is Egu asserting he is boss over the incoming coach 'Pistasio' or whatever his name is.
User avatar
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 42443
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Contact:
Re: I Am Jose Peseiro’s Boss – Eguavoen

Post by maceo4 »

mcal wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:20 pm
olu wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:02 pm I didn't like that comment either. Is the Technical Director really the coach's boss? Asking cause I don't know. I thought they were just separate positions with different duties.
...you dey mind Nigerians.
For our people, as long as you have a desk and an office shuffling papers, you be oga patapata.
Plus official car with a driver to boot :lol: :lol:
What are you guys going on about? The Technical Adviser (aka Peseiro) and his staff answer to the Technical Director. So he is his boss, doesn't mean he can lord over him or anything, but the coach does answer to him and the TD answers to his higher ups.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!

Post Reply