Awoniyi's Goal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

blueangel
Egg
Egg
Awoniyi's Goal

Post by blueangel »

Awoniyi made a Powerful heading that struck the upper bar, appeared to bounce in the goal just beyond the goal line and incredibly the Egyptian Goal Keeper saved it.
.... WAS THAT A GOAL .......

We were also Lucky . We easily could have had a Penalty called against us via Moses Simon
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Awoniyi's Goal

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

blueangel wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:58 pm Awoniyi made a Powerful heading that struck the upper bar, appeared to bounce in the goal just beyond the goal line and incredibly the Egyptian Goal Keeper saved it.

We were also Lucky . We easily could have had a Penalty called against us via Moses Simon
According to FIFA rules the ball has to cross the goal line to be counted as a goal. Saves by goalkeepers arenot counted as a goal. Hope this helps :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

It didn't cross the line from the replays that were shown.
blueangel wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:58 pm Awoniyi made a Powerful heading that struck the upper bar, appeared to bounce in the goal just beyond the goal line and incredibly the Egyptian Goal Keeper saved it.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:04 pm

According to FIFA rules the ball has to cross the goal line to be counted as a goal. Saves by goalkeepers arenot counted as a goal. Hope this helps :thumb:

Sorry, i meant the Egyptian Goalie Caught It

Awoniyi and another player thought it crossed the line.
Maybe Egypt got lucky there and we got lucky for the penalty not called against us .
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

blueangel wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:08 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:04 pm

Sorry, i meant the Egyptian Goalie Caught It

Awoniyi and another player thought it crossed the line.
Maybe Egypt got lucky there and we got lucky for the penalty not called against us .
It wasn’t a goal.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

That was definitely not a PK against us, the foul happened outside the 18 yard box from all replays I saw, Egypt deserved a FK though.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:17 pm That was definitely not a PK against us, the foul happened outside the 18 yard box from all replays I saw, Egypt deserved a FK though.
No they don’t it’s a fast one they are trying to play, you are trying to go for the free ball but they know they are between you and the ball and will just stop thereby body checking you then they fall over, that should be given the other way…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!