I Watched the game again thread

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

User avatar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 22262
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
I Watched the game again thread

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I just sat down quietly and watched the full game again without any stress or shaking whatsoever. It's amazing how you can have 2 different observations on the same game by simply altering your expectations and state of mind.

Folks, what I saw after watching the game over again was an absolute defensive masterclass by the SE. Egypt was beaten tactically , they had no time and space on the ball. The defensive plan was simply outstanding, the best defense I've ever seen SE play. For all the praise of Simon I really didn't see much that he did other than work hard, very little to show for it. The defense, and mf were the stars of the game.

However, if we face a team that doesn't have a Salah and is defensively sound, we could be in for a long day. Why? Folks. The attack that I just watched could've played another's 45mins and still not score. Major issues remain in the final 3rd. Egypt actually played well defensively but we didn’t really have enough to break then down. Still, great effort by the boys but DO NOT TAKE SUDAN LIGHTLY. They're built for teams like SE
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16542
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Re: I Watched the game again thread

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:29 am For all the praise of Simon I really didn't see much that he did other than work hard, very little to show for it. The defense, and mf were the stars of the game.

The attack that I just watched could've played another's 45mins and still not score.
please stop.

You MUST praise the aimless dribbles of Moses Simon. He WAS our man of the match. If you disagree you are a hater.

What does it matter if he had NOTHING to show for all of his dribbles. We were entertained by circus acts, stop telling the truth please.

YOu really mean we could have played another 45 minutes AND NOT SCORED. Come on we have Moses Simon out there, he had ZERO key passes all match, look how productive he has been over the past 2 years, wait.....

ZERO GOALS
ZERO ASSISTS

Come on guy you didn't possibly watch the match cool headed and come to the conclusions you came to. How can you possibly agree with Vancity Eagle THE HATER. :boo:
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16542
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Re: I Watched the game again thread

Post by vancity eagle »

The fact that Moses Simon possibly had his best game for SE ever and still no goals, no assists, and not even a single key pass, just shows that this is not a player we can honestly rely on if we have any serious aspirations for SE.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16542
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Re: I Watched the game again thread

Post by vancity eagle »

I agree with Whoscored by the way, Ola Aina was the man of the match. He was everywhere.

It was a team effort though, they all played well and Egu takes the cake for getting the team to work together the way they did
User avatar
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 42443
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Contact:
Re: I Watched the game again thread

Post by maceo4 »

You both are losing the plot, if Kelechi could control the ball properly we would have scored at least 3 goals. Talk less of if Ejuke was less selfish and learned to pass. Yes we were great defensively, but we also created chances and lots of dangerous opportunities. The more we progress the better both our defense and attack should get, but this was definitely a good display on both sides of the ball.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
User avatar
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 32772
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm
Location: Your worst Nightmare
Contact:
Re: I Watched the game again thread

Post by airwolex »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:29 am You both are losing the plot, if Kelechi could control the ball properly we would have scored at least 3 goals. Talk less of if Ejuke was less selfish and learned to pass. Yes we were great defensively, but we also created chances and lots of dangerous opportunities. The more we progress the better both our defense and attack should get, but this was definitely a good display on both sides of the ball.
Kpom
User avatar
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 42443
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Contact:
Re: I Watched the game again thread

Post by maceo4 »

airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:34 am
maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:29 am You both are losing the plot, if Kelechi could control the ball properly we would have scored at least 3 goals. Talk less of if Ejuke was less selfish and learned to pass. Yes we were great defensively, but we also created chances and lots of dangerous opportunities. The more we progress the better both our defense and attack should get, but this was definitely a good display on both sides of the ball.
Kpom
I haven't even mentioned Taiwo's point blank header he should have put away that was saved onto the crossbar, Kelechis wayward shot after put in on a smart/fast FK, I don't know what the agenda is here, but we will soon find out...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
User avatar
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 32772
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm
Location: Your worst Nightmare
Contact:
Re: I Watched the game again thread

Post by airwolex »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:37 am
airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:34 am
maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:29 am You both are losing the plot, if Kelechi could control the ball properly we would have scored at least 3 goals. Talk less of if Ejuke was less selfish and learned to pass. Yes we were great defensively, but we also created chances and lots of dangerous opportunities. The more we progress the better both our defense and attack should get, but this was definitely a good display on both sides of the ball.
Kpom
I haven't even mentioned Taiwo's point blank header he should have put away that was saved onto the crossbar, Kelechis wayward shot after put in on a smart/fast FK, I don't know what the agenda is here, but we will soon find out...
There is no agenda with Kongi, e no too sabi ball. :|

The Egyptian goalie made at least 5 point blank saves, yet baba talk say we would not have scored if we played another 45 mins.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16542
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Re: I Watched the game again thread

Post by vancity eagle »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:29 am You both are losing the plot, if Kelechi could control the ball properly we would have scored at least 3 goals. Talk less of if Ejuke was less selfish and learned to pass. Yes we were great defensively, but we also created chances and lots of dangerous opportunities. The more we progress the better both our defense and attack should get, but this was definitely a good display on both sides of the ball.
If if if

What if Moses Simon learned to make an accurate pass in the box ?

How many goals would we have scored then ?
User avatar
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 32772
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:45 pm
Location: Your worst Nightmare
Contact:
Re: I Watched the game again thread

Post by airwolex »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:26 am The fact that Moses Simon possibly had his best game for SE ever and still no goals, no assists, and not even a single key pass, just shows that this is not a player we can honestly rely on if we have any serious aspirations for SE.
Na wa for you. Msheeeew
User avatar
Damunk
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 46731
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Location: UK
Re: I Watched the game again thread

Post by Damunk »

To be honest, on second viewing the main takeaway was that Kelechi really wasted chances.
I was left wondering how he won MOTM.

That poor control after a brilliant Aina surge and pull back was criminal.
Same with the wayward shot maceo4 described above. Unforgivable.
Yes, his goal was brilliant but he could have done so much more to cement his ‘Senior Man’ status.

Then there were the inexplicable crosses to the opposite corner flags or even worse after brilliant runs by not only Simon but Zaidu.
Ndidi and Aina were also guilty of some extremely wayward shooting.

On second viewing they still looked bad. So bad I felt like doctoring the video clips to make them look better. :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
User avatar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 22262
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Re: I Watched the game again thread

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:41 am
maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:37 am
airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:34 am
maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:29 am You both are losing the plot, if Kelechi could control the ball properly we would have scored at least 3 goals. Talk less of if Ejuke was less selfish and learned to pass. Yes we were great defensively, but we also created chances and lots of dangerous opportunities. The more we progress the better both our defense and attack should get, but this was definitely a good display on both sides of the ball.
Kpom
I haven't even mentioned Taiwo's point blank header he should have put away that was saved onto the crossbar, Kelechis wayward shot after put in on a smart/fast FK, I don't know what the agenda is here, but we will soon find out...
There is no agenda with Kongi, e no too sabi ball. :|

The Egyptian goalie made at least 5 point blank saves, yet baba talk say we would not have scored if we played another 45 mins.
Saves made by the goalie cannot be counted as potential goals if the attacking player had done something different. It denies the goalie and defense credit. Football match winners are not awarded by judges. If it crosses the goal line, it's a goal. Otherwise nothing of material difference happened.

We played an excellent defensive game, the best I've ever seen us play The good news is that defensive efforts are easier to replicate. If we play with similar defensive intensity we can still win Afcon with a suspect attack but it's a first rd exit at the WC. Better news is that we have Osihmen and Dennis waiting. I do expect the attack to improve though.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg
Posts: 3140
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:10 am
Location: Toronto
Contact:
Re: I Watched the game again thread

Post by Robotnik »

I like how Aina and Zaidu tucked in defensively to narrow the gaps and help Omeruo and Ekong towards the end of the game. Of course defensive width was provided by Simon and Chukwueze. We were playing a 4-5-1 at some point when Nwakali and Sadiq came in.
User avatar
Damunk
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 46731
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Location: UK
Re: I Watched the game again thread

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:12 am
airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:41 am
maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:37 am
airwolex wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:34 am
maceo4 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:29 am You both are losing the plot, if Kelechi could control the ball properly we would have scored at least 3 goals. Talk less of if Ejuke was less selfish and learned to pass. Yes we were great defensively, but we also created chances and lots of dangerous opportunities. The more we progress the better both our defense and attack should get, but this was definitely a good display on both sides of the ball.
Kpom
I haven't even mentioned Taiwo's point blank header he should have put away that was saved onto the crossbar, Kelechis wayward shot after put in on a smart/fast FK, I don't know what the agenda is here, but we will soon find out...
There is no agenda with Kongi, e no too sabi ball. :|

The Egyptian goalie made at least 5 point blank saves, yet baba talk say we would not have scored if we played another 45 mins.
Saves made by the goalie cannot be counted as potential goals if the attacking player had done something different. It denies the goalie and defense credit. Football match winners are not awarded by judges. If it crosses the goal line, it's a goal. Otherwise nothing of material difference happened.

We played an excellent defensive game, the best I've ever seen us play The good news is that defensive efforts are easier to replicate. If we play with similar defensive intensity we can still win Afcon with a suspect attack but it's a first rd exit at the WC. Better news is that we have Osihmen and Dennis waiting. I do expect the attack to improve though.
I believe it will.
Opponents might underestimate the threat of Awoniyi at their peril, but we shouldn’t do the same by writing him off prematurely.
He might turn out to be just as good as Osimhen. There is no reason to believe otherwise.

In fact, Awoniyi might ultimately turn out to be the savior of Nacho because I definitely saw hints of their extremely successful partnership from their U17 days.
There was that through ball from Nacho to Awoniyi which was just a little too heavy allowing the keeper to anticipate it just in time. That move was an exact replica of an U17 move we saw them successfully execute countless times back in 2013.
Another similar interchange between them resulted in Awoniyi trying to curl the ball round the keeper who fortunately saved it.
The reverse occurred when Awoniyi fed Nacho who lost possession.

Dunno about you, but already I could sense an innate understanding between the two which I am sure Egu is hoping to develop further. If we have forgotten how good they were together, they certainly remember well-well! :D

2022:
Image


2013:
Image

It is similar to the Chukwueze-Osimhen partnership but maybe even stronger. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
User avatar
sabb
Egg
Egg
Posts: 5922
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:26 pm
Re: I Watched the game again thread

Post by sabb »

we already scored in the first 45mins and guess what it was the winning goal and we have moved on and preparing for the next game, cmon SE lets gooooooooo
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
User avatar
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 10753
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:27 pm
Re: I Watched the game again thread

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:21 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:29 am For all the praise of Simon I really didn't see much that he did other than work hard, very little to show for it. The defense, and mf were the stars of the game.

The attack that I just watched could've played another's 45mins and still not score.
please stop.

You MUST praise the aimless dribbles of Moses Simon. He WAS our man of the match. If you disagree you are a hater.

What does it matter if he had NOTHING to show for all of his dribbles. We were entertained by circus acts, stop telling the truth please.

YOu really mean we could have played another 45 minutes AND NOT SCORED. Come on we have Moses Simon out there, he had ZERO key passes all match, look how productive he has been over the past 2 years, wait.....

ZERO GOALS
ZERO ASSISTS

Come on guy you didn't possibly watch the match cool headed and come to the conclusions you came to. How can you possibly agree with Vancity Eagle THE HATER. :boo:
As usual you don't get it. Kongi does not think Moses Simon did well. Guess what? It's ok. It is his opinion. However, the difference is your petulance, pettiness and lack of objectivity.

You don't like Simon and it was just too much for you to acknowledge that he had a good game. If Musa (another one you don't like) scores a hattrick against Sudan you will do the same thing. Nigerian fans and the Nigerian manager have said that Moses Simon played well. Why should it bother you so much?
User avatar
Bigpokey24
Eagle
Eagle
Posts: 94334
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Location: Earth
Re: I Watched the game again thread

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The ****bots are still lurking
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 27543
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Location: london
Contact:
Re: I Watched the game again thread

Post by marko »

i thought Simon ran the Egyptian defence ragged, their full backs could not leave his half, one of the reasons why Salah was starved of the ball, However he needs to work on his final delivery, it was that bad
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
User avatar
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 24504
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Re: I Watched the game again thread

Post by Scipio Africanus »

marko wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:26 am i thought Simon ran the Egyptian defence ragged, their full backs could not leave his half, one of the reasons why Salah was starved of the ball, However he needs to work on his final delivery, it was that bad
Perfect summary of the situation.


This space for rent, all forms of crypto accepted.

User avatar
naijaguy
Egg
Egg
Posts: 1084
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:24 am
Location: Obodo Oyibo
Re: I Watched the game again thread

Post by naijaguy »

Lol are you sure it's this same match you re-watched? You probably watched a differrnt match, because I don't understand what you meant by "we didn't have enough to break them down".
We would have beaten them 5-0 if Kelechi, Awoniyi and Ejuke converted clear chances they had. We were the better team hands down.
Against Sudan, expect nothing less than 3-0. Mark it somewhere!
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
gochino
Egg
Egg
Posts: 1176
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:35 pm
Re: I Watched the game again thread

Post by gochino »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:59 am To be honest, on second viewing the main takeaway was that Kelechi really wasted chances.
I was left wondering how he won MOTM.

That poor control after a brilliant Aina surge and pull back was criminal.
Same with the wayward shot maceo4 described above. Unforgivable.
Yes, his goal was brilliant but he could have done so much more to cement his ‘Senior Man’ status.

Then there were the inexplicable crosses to the opposite corner flags or even worse after brilliant runs by not only Simon but Zaidu.
Ndidi and Aina were also guilty of some extremely wayward shooting.

On second viewing they still looked bad. So bad I felt like doctoring the video clips to make them look better. :rotf:
Kelechi 's main problem is that he is "too left legged" he has good ball control and first touch with his left leg but can't control with his right, even if his life depended on it.
User avatar
Damunk
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 46731
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Location: UK
Re: I Watched the game again thread

Post by Damunk »

Yeah, that poor touch was his right foot.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
User avatar
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 50755
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: I Watched the game again thread

Post by Cellular »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:18 am The ****bots are still lurking
Two diehard ****bots.

Simon final crosses should've been better but his constant and consistent threat meant that the FB needed help both from his CD and the winger/midfielder Trezeguet.

Emir, I understand will take some time to deprogramme and reprogramme. Vancity, is plain irredeemable. He is our version of Pinnick.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!

Post Reply