Is Senegal overrated????? and the likes of Nigeria undermined by pundits?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

gochino
Egg
Egg
Re: Is Senegal overrated????? and the likes of Nigeria undermined by pundits?

Post by gochino »

Robbynice wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:54 am
Benedict Iroha wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:16 pm
jette1 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:06 pm
visieC wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:50 pm I have watched both Senegal games as well as the qualifiers and objectively, I do not think they are better than Nigeria or even Cameroon.

Am I the only one seeing this?

I still think CIV and Morocco are my true favorites.

Nigeria and possibly Cameroon may have a chance...but not too sure yet.
Besides Senegal
The real question is was Egypt over rated ? Rating is nothing but so called intelligence guessing based on statistic or sometimes no stats. We forget that this is still sports often driven by given daily physical and emotional underpinnings all of which are not even calculable factors or consistent measurable independent variables l. Look at what happened to mo salah the other day
I have always wanted to point out that this Egypt is not the Egypt of Aboutrika and co, they rely too much on Salah.
I pointed this out before we played Egypt. There is a reason they are not even top 5 in Africa. They have not won Jack even with Salah. These are facts that cannot be disputed.
But they qualified for the final playoffs, didn’t they? So they can't be that bad, they even scored more goals than us.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Senegal isn't overrated, everyone comes with their A game vs them
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

gochino wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:36 pm
Robbynice wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:54 am
Benedict Iroha wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:16 pm
jette1 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:06 pm
visieC wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:50 pm I have watched both Senegal games as well as the qualifiers and objectively, I do not think they are better than Nigeria or even Cameroon.

Am I the only one seeing this?

I still think CIV and Morocco are my true favorites.

Nigeria and possibly Cameroon may have a chance...but not too sure yet.
Besides Senegal
The real question is was Egypt over rated ? Rating is nothing but so called intelligence guessing based on statistic or sometimes no stats. We forget that this is still sports often driven by given daily physical and emotional underpinnings all of which are not even calculable factors or consistent measurable independent variables l. Look at what happened to mo salah the other day
I have always wanted to point out that this Egypt is not the Egypt of Aboutrika and co, they rely too much on Salah.
I pointed this out before we played Egypt. There is a reason they are not even top 5 in Africa. They have not won Jack even with Salah. These are facts that cannot be disputed.
But they qualified for the final playoffs, didn’t they? So they can't be that bad, they even scored more goals than us.
I never said they are bad. I am just saying they are not all that. And I made my point with some statements of fact to back it up.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Olayemi14
Egg
Egg

Post by Olayemi14 »

I think Mali will finally lift the AFCON. If they don’t, they will make it to the WC. They are a very dangerous team.
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.
visieC
Egg
Egg

Post by visieC »

Olayemi14 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:23 am I think Mali will finally lift the AFCON. If they don’t, they will make it to the WC. They are a very dangerous team.
My friend Olayemi:

I think Mali is an contender based on the games I have seen.
However, I have included Nigeria and Cameroon along with CIV and Morocco to my favs.

Egypt and Algeria have not truly impressed me.

But after all, it's football

You never know until they play.

Nigeria was very impressive today...I will rewatch the match to see again
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Like others have said they would be a lot stronger with the 5 or 6 key players missing.

Not the same for us. I wouldn't call Ighalo or Dennis key players, since Ighalo would probably be on the bench and Dennis has so few caps. Osimhen and Balogun are the key absentees.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

olu wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:11 am Like others have said they would be a lot stronger with the 5 or 6 key players missing.

Not the same for us. I wouldn't call Ighalo or Dennis key players, since Ighalo would probably be on the bench and Dennis has so few caps. Osimhen and Balogun are the key absentees.
And Awaziem.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
visieC
Egg
Egg

Post by visieC »

Senegal is good but not to be geared!!
There is no super team in Africa
visieC
Egg
Egg

Post by visieC »

Senegal not to be feared. Actually most African teams are not separated by much!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

olu wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:11 am Like others have said they would be a lot stronger with the 5 or 6 key players missing.

:clap: :clap:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics