HOW HAVE WE SO QUICKLY FORGOTTEN KALU

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: HOW HAVE WE SO QUICKLY FORGOTTEN KALU

Post by ANC »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:58 pm
ANC wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:34 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:40 pm Hopefully Ahmes Musa does not play a single minute at this tournament and gets it straight in his thick skull that he is no longer needed.

SO HE CAN RETIRE AND NOT STEAL A SPOT TO WC FROM A MORE DESERVING PLAYER.

The guys selfishness. Does he not know when he is no longer effective for the team.
:rotf:
The way this Susan game is going expect to see a Musa come in or likely the start the next one.

to do what exactly?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ANC wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:19 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:40 pm Hopefully Ahmes Musa does not play a single minute at this tournament and gets it straight in his thick skull that he is no longer needed.

The guys selfishness. Does he not know when he is no longer effective for the team.
The way this Susan game is going expect to see a Musa come in or likely the start the next one.

to do what exactly?
Wetin I tok?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:17 pm
ANC wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:19 pm

to do what exactly?
Wetin I tok?

Reminds me how Okocha gently bowed out of the game why he was still at the top.
But Kanu and Musa, cant say the same for them.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

I disagree about Kanu.

I remember EXACTLY how Kanu played when he retired.

Yes he was not at the top of HIS game, but he was better than the rest of the squad! It is not the case with Musa who is not needed.

How did Kanu play at the end? He was old, sluggish and tired, but his technique on the ball was of such high quality that NOT A SINGLE player on the team came even remotely close to being at his level of technique. He had better vision than everyone else, he held the ball up better than everyone else, he pivoted better than everyone else, his passing was better than everyone else.

Kanu, I repeat was Nigeria's best player technically, when he retired. If you don't believe me, go back and watch the matches.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Tbite wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:27 pm I disagree about Kanu.

Yes he was not at the top of HIS game, but he was better than the rest of the squad! It is not the case with Musa who is not needed.

How did Kanu play at the end? He was old, sluggish and tired, but his technique on the ball was of such high quality that NOT A SINGLE player on the team came even remotely close to being at his level of technique. He had better vision than everyone else, he held the ball up better than everyone else, he pivoted better than everyone else, his passing was better than everyone else.

Kanu, I repeat was Nigeria's best player technically, when he retired. If you don't believe me, go back and watch the matches.
:agree:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Sunset wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:38 pm
Tbite wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:27 pm I disagree about Kanu.

:agree:
Yep :agree:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:18 am
kawawa wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:24 am
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:24 pm
kawawa wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:46 pm I thought you are a lover of hard cold stats. Kalu plays in the same league as Simon. What do the stats say about them over the time they have played in France. Just saying since you love them stats
please compare the stats of Simon and Kalu FOR SUPER EAGLES.

thanks in advance.
I thought you’d ask stats man. According to transfermkt for Super Eagles: Simon: 43 games, 5 goals, 5 assists. Kalu: 17 games, 2 goals, 3 assists.
Seems about even or close to it if you ask me but you vilify one person! Between I love Kalu. Unlike you I am not trying to put one player down just trying to highlight how selective your so called hard core stats is.
Kawawa

The stats you provide does not do justice to Simon oooi. Kalu appears to be more effective statistically as he is more statistically productive in less games/per game. However, to Simon's credit playing more games speaks LOUDLY.
EII I completely agree. Was just highlighting the creative statistical interpretation of Simon as proposed by VE.