Nigeria vs Sudan 3-1 full time

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Sudan 3-1 full time

Post by ANC »

Flex Swift wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:49 pm I am not a coach so someone needs to explain to me why Chukuwneze plays on the right when he is left footed and Simon plays on the left who is right footed???
I dont know, but me I am tired of Samuel C. He should come off the bench
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Goalgetter wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:51 pm A lot of heavy legs in this match. Misplaced passes, ball-watching, spaces for Sudan to play, no press. They should be more consistent else not going anywhere.
We played in third gear yet should have easily won this by 5 goals, we simply play to the level of the opposition, we will only get better at this point.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

joao wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:22 pm
ANC wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:13 pm This is why I like the Germans; the never let up.
I am not sure what it is about SE, once ahead, they start to lose structure.
The game could have easily ended with additional goals by Sudan.
Granted SE created more scoring opportunities
Great observations.
Our SE seems to play to the level of the opposition. We are not yet a focused team,
and 'cohesive discipline' seems to be lacking. Right now I'd say we are showcasing more
individual talent than team play. I hope we learn to play and think as a team, with ball
possession a central idea going forward.
pure rubbish from the both of you.. I guess Sudan just came to AFCON to be training cones
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Now I'm mad we don't have Osimhen in this tournament... man we are creating LOADS of chances, if only we have the clinical ability and tenacity of Osimhen.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:49 pm I am not a coach so someone needs to explain to me why Chukuwneze plays on the right when he is left footed and Simon plays on the left who is right footed???
Ask their club coaches first…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

I dont get the Simon hype. I still think he is the weak link in the team. He just often dont join in counters preferring to drop back, that can kill off goal scoring opportunities, it might be one of the reasons goals are not boku.
asabatex
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs Sudan Live! 3-0 (Chukwueze, Awoniyi, Simon)

Post by asabatex »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
1naija wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:25 pm Guys, dont say anything if there is a score. Some of us are on 10 minutes delay.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:56 pm
joao wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:22 pm
ANC wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:13 pm This is why I like the Germans; the never let up.
I am not sure what it is about SE, once ahead, they start to lose structure.
The game could have easily ended with additional goals by Sudan.
Granted SE created more scoring opportunities
Great observations.
Our SE seems to play to the level of the opposition. We are not yet a focused team,
and 'cohesive discipline' seems to be lacking. Right now I'd say we are showcasing more
individual talent than team play. I hope we learn to play and think as a team, with ball
possession a central idea going forward.
pure rubbish from the both of you.. I guess Sudan just came to AFCON to be training cones
NOT 'seems', they do, or we usually do
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

They are wide forwards and not really your traditional wingers. It makes it easier to cut in and take shots with their dominant foot.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Left footed wingers on the left and right footed wingers on the right is considered by many to be outdated. Switching them around allows them to cut in more directly on goal rather than run to the byline to cross.
Its the same reason why right-footed players usually take the corners on the left and left footed players usually take corners on the right - they deliver in-swingers that are more of a threat on goal than out-swingers.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Sudan Live! 3-1

Post by oloye »

ANC wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:26 pm
elerineye wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:21 pm
ANC wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:02 pm
1naija wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:47 pm My observation so far....

Okoye is a basket in the making.
:rotf:

I agree
I have never been comfortable with that guy in goal for us.
There is something about him that I cant quite place my hand on.
The only problem though, how come he keeps getting the nod to start ahead of other players.
Perhaps he is not so bad. Only time will tell.
It is his keeping and ball handling style. It just look off,kind of clumsy. He just does not have that swag which good keepers are known for.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Tbite wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:04 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:02 pm Honestly, I think Sudan offered tougher opposition than Egypt did. Good win❗️

Cheers.
I disagree.

We did not defend anywhere near as well against Sudan as we did against Egypt. At Egypt that was probably the best defending I remember seeing from Nigeria in many many many years. Whereas against Sudan, at time it was almost as if we even dared them to do their worst. We made many schoolboy errors against Sudan but were not punished, so we did not have any incentive to tighten up our game.

We didn't press in the same manner, we were not as precise.

Sudan had more opportunities, largely because we took them less seriously.

In short we made Egypt look bad and made Sudan look good.
Sudan matched up athletically with us better than Egypt. Defensively, the things we were able to do with Egypt, we weren’t able to do with Sudan because of the improved speed and athleticism we faced. Offensively, we had about the same chances except that we got some fortuitous goals which we didn’t get against Egypt. Notice, in particular, that Simon wasn’t able to have his way, like he did in the previous game against Egypt❗️

Cheers.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Shuo they changed from right hand drive to left hand drive a long time bro! :lol:
Simple answer is it is believed it gives the players an advantage. Many players do that today and many teams as well
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Shuo they changed from right hand drive to left hand drive a long time bro! :lol:
Simple answer is it is believed it gives the players an advantage. Many players do that today and many teams as well

lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

XE fans are delusional. We want all the other teams to just lie down and die. We beat a team 3-1 in a tournament that other teams are struggling to score one goal, but it's not enough. We want to win 5-0 with 80% possession and the other team should not have a shot at goal. Our strikers must score every chance, it's only then that people will be satisfied.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

|
|
|
10 minute Highlights Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mjC-8Vcwsg

Last edited by return2k2 on Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Sudan was better than Egypt. Nigeria still has a lot of work to do. Hopefully we play our rbest ball at th later stages of this competition.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Wouldn't say they were 'better' than Egypt, but they offered a stiffer opposition to Nigeria than Egypt.
Agree that our team is still a 'work in progress' and would hope we reserve our best football till the latter stages.
Nonetheless, good 'lunch bucket and hard hat' approach to the game by the Nigerian team.
ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:23 pm Sudan was better than Egypt. Nigeria still has a lot of work to do. Hopefully we play our rbest ball at th later stages of this competition.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Awesome. Missed the game. Was on a flight to Nigeria, first since COVID and what joy on arrival in Lagos to find out we won
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

lacidi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:53 pm XE fans are delusional. We want all the other teams to just lie down and die. We beat a team 3-1 in a tournament that other teams are struggling to score one goal, but it's not enough. We want to win 5-0 with 80% possession and the other team should not have a shot at goal. Our strikers must score every chance, it's only then that people will be satisfied.
Baba please say no more. It is what it is with some SE fans on this platform. Dem think say Sudan come sell groundnuts for Cameroon...smdh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

gochino wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:50 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:48 pm
Synopsis wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:41 pm Nwakali is not playing well.
What did you see him do wrong?
Nwakali has been good, he hasn't put a foot wrong, he is playing from a deep position and keeping it simple.
My assessment as well. He played to instructions. Will like to see more of him versus Guinea B.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

green4life wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:45 pm
gochino wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:50 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:48 pm
Synopsis wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:41 pm Nwakali is not playing well.
What did you see him do wrong?
Nwakali has been good, he hasn't put a foot wrong, he is playing from a deep position and keeping it simple.
My assessment as well. He played to instructions. Will like to see more of him versus Guinea B.
Egu thinks he did well also and we can expect more from him with more pt under his belt

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Enyi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:00 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:56 pm Nwakali is balling I don't know what game people are watching
Even Ndidi was frustrated with him at one point….if u keep going back u put ur team under pressure… but anyways we won that’s all that matters…
That was the most composed Nwakali SE performance i've seen so far and I'm not his biggest fan as I feel he's been a big disappointment. But today's performance coupled with his Egypt cameo are steps in the right direction. He can and will do more with time. He played well today - at a time when Sudan could've put us under pressure after the pk, he took the air out of the ball. Meanwhile recall how we blew the 4-0 lead vs. SL to assess the value of Nwakali's contribution today.