Nigeria vs Sudan 3-1 full time

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria vs Sudan Live! 3-1

Post by 1naija »

Uncle, kai kai must have been your beverage of choice during halftime. I can see you didn't drink it responsibly.
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:02 pm Honestly, I think Sudan offered tougher opposition than Egypt did. Good win❗️

Cheers.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
torontoeagle
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs Sudan 3-1 full time

Post by torontoeagle »

Yes we have...

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:06 pm We have surely qualified for the second round abi?
T-Dot
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:11 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:06 pm We have surely qualified for the second round abi?
Not yet, depends on result of Egypt game
Yes we have. Guaranteed at least a 3rd seed. Top if we win the next game. U no get calculator?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Well, we await Guinea, but at least, we've qualified for the next round.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

This is why I like the Germans; the never let up.
I am not sure what it is about SE, once ahead, they start to lose structure.
The game could have easily ended with additional goals by Sudan.
Granted SE created more scoring opportunities
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Comfortable win for Nigeria. Much more work to be done.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Lolly wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:10 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:08 pm
Lolly wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:04 pm A good win but too many disjointed plays especially in the 3rd half of the pitch.

The combo of Awoniyi and Nacho is going to be our let down. They keep on running into the same spaces and Taiwo is really average for this level.
A top 5 striker in Bundesliga is average for Afcon? You're delusional. It's only his 2nd start for the team, osihmen didn't exactly light up the tournament when he came on last Afcon. Stop putting unreasonable expectations on the boys.
There are players playing in top 5 teams in the EPL and Serie A who are not international material. You don’t know football.

Awoniyi’s touch is woeful. And he mostly chooses the wrong pass or wrong move. There is a reason why he has been around a few clubs and not impressed.

He has his qualities. You have to play the ball into space for him; he has good acceleration in short spaces and understands how to play on the shoulder of the defence. Notice the narrow miss vs EGY in 1hf...

Our game is not very well developed centrally in the final third. Mostly from the wingers...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Wrong, we have qualified
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

1naija wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:11 pm Uncle, kai kai must have been your beverage of choice during halftime. I can see you didn't drink it responsibly.
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:02 pm Honestly, I think Sudan offered tougher opposition than Egypt did. Good win❗️

Cheers.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Just heard on TV that a Nigerian businessman has promised the team N10m per goal. So it’s N40m so far. That about $100k at office rate.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:12 pm
Yes we have. Guaranteed at least a 3rd seed. Top if we win the next game. U no get calculator?
with six (6) points, we certainly have moved into the next round, no matter what.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Synopsis wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:58 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:48 pm
Synopsis wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:41 pm Nwakali is not playing well.
What did you see him do wrong?
Misplaced passes.
Sure you watched the game?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

mystic wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:14 pm Comfortable win for Nigeria. Much more work to be done.
I am afraid so. The defenders are individually solid but I am concerned.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

As far as finishing goes. I don't mean the position, but just pure finishing, I would put Iheanacho ahead of every Nigerian footballer, including Osimhen.

As far as the pure striker role goes...Osimhen is obviously the better pure striker...but that is neither here nor there. Whether you need a pure striker is a matter of tactics.

Iheanacho just needs bodies around him that is all. He likes to drop deep, regardless of where you play him. Even if you play him in a striker role, he will drop deep. Because he likes to play off others rather than relying on service.

This makes sense, because Iheanacho cannot run with the ball like Osimhen, so he essentially uses others as a tool in his arsenal. Osimhen can run with the ball, so you can isolate him.

I don't think it is necessarily a strike partner that Iheanacho needs. He just need bodies as I said. It could be wingers playing close to him, or the AM shifting up. But you have to play very close to him.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

How many starts does he need to make an impact? Barring injury to our other strikers, he has played himself out of credible considerations for the world cup so far. Hopefully he will set the tournament ablaze from here on...
Lolly wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:04 pm A good win but too many disjointed plays especially in the 3rd half of the pitch.

The combo of Awoniyi and Nacho is going to be our let down. They keep on running into the same spaces and Taiwo is really average for this level.
A top 5 striker in Bundesliga is average for Afcon? You're delusional. It's only his 2nd start for the team, osihmen didn't exactly light up the tournament when he came on last Afcon. Stop putting unreasonable expectations on the boys.
Last edited by 1naija on Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

lacidi wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:16 pm
Wrong, we have qualified
We certainly have qualified for the next round. I don't know what they are saying but 'not yet.'
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Odas wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:17 pm
with six (6) points, we certainly have moved into the next round, no matter what.
O ok that’s good, was going off what the commentators were saying, my bad.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Lolly wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:10 pm

There are players playing in top 5 teams in the EPL and Serie A who are not international material. You don’t know football.

Awoniyi’s touch is woeful. And he mostly chooses the wrong pass or wrong move. There is a reason why he has been around a few clubs and not impressed.
He didnt say "playing in a top 5 team" he said "a top 5 striker" Those are two different things
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Egu should still play the regular team in next game, though limit the minutes for the like of Ndidi.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:18 pm
O ok that’s good, was going off what the commentators were saying, my bad.
Ok bro, no wahala
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

gochino wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:17 pm
Synopsis wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:58 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:48 pm
Synopsis wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:41 pm Nwakali is not playing well.
What did you see him do wrong?
Misplaced passes.
Sure you watched the game?
I suspect he is confusing him with Sanusi.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Great job to the boys. :clap: :clap: :clap:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

ANC wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:02 pm
1naija wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:47 pm My observation so far....

Okoye is a basket in the making.
:rotf:

I agree
I have never been comfortable with that guy in goal for us.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman